Windows 10: Reactivating Windows 10 Dell OEM after a hard disk replacement

Discus and support Reactivating Windows 10 Dell OEM after a hard disk replacement in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Windows 10 I just replaced my hard drive. Since Dell did not provide me with a Windows disk, we reloaded Windows with a disk my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DanaBlack, Jan 26, 2020.

1. DanaBlack Win User

Reactivating Windows 10 Dell OEM after a hard disk replacement

Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Windows 10

I just replaced my hard drive. Since Dell did not provide me with a Windows disk, we reloaded Windows with a disk my techie husband already had. Since it was not the Dell OEM version of Windows 10, I am now unable to activate Windows. It's not clear how we could have restored the original Dell version of Windows without the disk. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

DanaB

:)

DanaBlack, Jan 26, 2020

2. Reactivating Windows 10 after hard disk replacement

Dear sir,

I have previously Windows 10 home installed on one of my computer which I got it as a free upgrade from Windows 8.1 and I have just had a hard disk replacement on this machine. How can I regained previously installed windows 10, the old hard disk was damaged
    and I don't have any media back up to reactivate.

Thank you

Ahmad Wahyan, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Jan 26, 2020
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Reactivating Windows 10 Dell OEM after a hard disk replacement - Similar Threads - Reactivating Dell OEM

2. Windows 10 license key question after replacing hard disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 license key question after replacing hard disk: I want to replace my old hard disk with a new SSD disk in my desktop PC. After I get the new disk, I need to install Windows 10. Can I still use the license key or what is the proper way to ensure I can use the same license key? Nothing else changed in the PC, just the hard...
  3. Windows 10 license key question after replacing hard disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 license key question after replacing hard disk: I want to replace my old hard disk with a new SSD disk in my desktop PC. After I get the new disk, I need to install Windows 10. Can I still use the license key or what is the proper way to ensure I can use the same license key? Nothing else changed in the PC, just the hard...
  4. Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive: I am going to be replacing my hard drive with a new drive soon, and it will be the only piece of hardware that I am changing in my computer. My question is can I reinstall windows 10 pro on the new drive without the product key? I looked everywhere but I can't find my...
  5. Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive: I am going to be replacing my hard drive with a new drive soon, and it will be the only piece of hardware that I am changing in my computer. My question is can I reinstall windows 10 pro on the new drive without the product key? I looked everywhere but I can't find my...
  6. Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 OEM reactivation after HDD loss

Windows 10 OEM reactivation after HDD loss: HiI have had my windows 10 OEM since I built my PC several years ago, My Solid state HDD died on me last week, and I have reinstalled windows on a new HDD, I have installed windows and tried to use my OEM product key to activate my copy of Windows on the same PC, but on a new...
  8. Reactivation after change of hard disk

Reactivation after change of hard disk: Hello Everyone! I have a question. I didn't use my laptop for almost 2 years and seems like the hard disk can't be use anymore. I change the hard disk and try to reactivate Windows 10 on the same device. Windows reported that there is no product key was found on my device....
  9. Activation problem after hard disk replacement

Activation problem after hard disk replacement: I bought a Dell laptop 5 years back with windows 8.1 pre-loaded. After some time it was upgraded to Windows 10 without any challenge. Recently the hard disc crashed and it had to be replaced. The technician retrieved the embedded Windows 8.1 activation key through...
  10. Reinstalling windows 10 after hard disk replacement

Reinstalling windows 10 after hard disk replacement: I had upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. However, my hard disk crashed and my service provider re installed window 7 after installing new hard disk. Can I still upgrade to Windows 10 and windows will identify earlier activation if its not based on hard disk....