Windows 10: Reactivating Windows 10 on a new drive

Discus and support Reactivating Windows 10 on a new drive in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm planning on removing my current HDD and replacing it with a SSD. I know how to install Windows 10 on the new drive, but I assume Windows won't be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Andrew MacCormack, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Reactivating Windows 10 on a new drive

I'm planning on removing my current HDD and replacing it with a SSD. I know how to install Windows 10 on the new drive, but I assume Windows won't be activated on it. The issue is that my laptop originally came with Windows 7 and I upgraded to Windows 10 for free, so would I be able to get Windows reactivated?

:)

Andrew MacCormack, Sep 7, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Reactivating Windows 10 on a new drive

Delta6326, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

Reactivating Windows 10 on a new drive

1. Reactivating Windows 10 on a new drive - Similar Threads - Reactivating drive

2. One Drive reactivated itself and restored its version from 5 years ago, deleting all my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive reactivated itself and restored its version from 5 years ago, deleting all my...: I had OneDrive deactivated because there are times I can't connect to the internet and wanted everything on my local drive. Recently, OneDrive reactivated itself after an update and restored its previous point from 5 years ago. I lost EVERYTHING since then from my local drive...
  3. One Drive reactivated itself and restored its version from 5 years ago, deleting all my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive reactivated itself and restored its version from 5 years ago, deleting all my...: I had OneDrive deactivated because there are times I can't connect to the internet and wanted everything on my local drive. Recently, OneDrive reactivated itself after an update and restored its previous point from 5 years ago. I lost EVERYTHING since then from my local drive...
  4. 2 computers, Win 10 pro on 1 hard drive reactivation question.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    2 computers, Win 10 pro on 1 hard drive reactivation question.: I have 2 computers in different US states. I have Windows 10 pro digital license. I would like to use the same hard drive when visiting each location to preserve my setting/programs etc. More or less every 3-4 months I want to pull hard drive and travel to other computer and...
  5. 2 computers, Win 10 pro on 1 hard drive reactivation question.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 computers, Win 10 pro on 1 hard drive reactivation question.: I have 2 computers in different US states. I have Windows 10 pro digital license. I would like to use the same hard drive when visiting each location to preserve my setting/programs etc. More or less every 3-4 months I want to pull hard drive and travel to other computer and...
  6. 2 computers, Win 10 pro on 1 hard drive reactivation question.

7. Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive: I am going to be replacing my hard drive with a new drive soon, and it will be the only piece of hardware that I am changing in my computer. My question is can I reinstall windows 10 pro on the new drive without the product key? I looked everywhere but I can't find my...
  8. Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive: I am going to be replacing my hard drive with a new drive soon, and it will be the only piece of hardware that I am changing in my computer. My question is can I reinstall windows 10 pro on the new drive without the product key? I looked everywhere but I can't find my...
  9. Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive

10. HDD failing on an offline Windows PC. Can I clone the drive without reactivating online?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD failing on an offline Windows PC. Can I clone the drive without reactivating online?: I have an offline Windows PC and its drive is failing. Rather than reinstalling, which would take some time on this PC, I'd like to clone it.Are there any tools or methods to reliably clone a drive with all of its partitions and even from HDD to SSD without having to...