Windows 10: Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after a significant hardware change using digital entitlement...

Discus and support Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after a significant hardware change using digital entitlement... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I have performed a significant hardware change of my computer and a subsequent reinstall of Windows 10 Pro. My previous Windows 10 which I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Tasty Toast Son, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after a significant hardware change using digital entitlement...

Hello,

I have performed a significant hardware change of my computer and a subsequent reinstall of Windows 10 Pro. My previous Windows 10 which I had upgraded from 7 was linked to my Microsoft account successfully. However, when using the activation troubleshooter, it is not able to find the PC I am on that is linked to my account, even though the two accounts used are the same and the PC appears on my Microsoft Profile to be linked as well. Thus, I cannot transfer my digital entitlement key to my new computer.

What are my options?

:)

Tasty Toast Son, Sep 10, 2019

2. Uninstall (delete, remove) the Windows 10 digital license from old hardware, after reactivating it on new (similar) hardware, after hardware change

If you followed all of the steps in
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
    and deleted the old install then there's nothing else that needs to be done.

I've not yet seen a case where Digital Entitlement activation is removed from a device. Even Devices that Upgrade to Pro, and/or use a retail Windows 10 Product Key to reactivate on the same device, still keep both Home and Pro Entitlement stacked on the
    device along with the retail Key until it is removed by reactivating on a new Device. But unlike retail Product keys which remove themselves in this way from the old device once reactivated on new hardware, there's no evidence yet that Digital Entitlement
    does.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Can't reactivate a digital windows linsence after a hardware change

What I find frustrating is that the 2nd link from Microsoft directly contradicts itself.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

First it says: When installing Windows 10, the digital license associates itself with your device's hardware. So, if you make significant changes, such as replacing your motherboard, Windows will no longer find a license that matches
    your computer.

Then halfway down it says: If you previously linked your Microsoft account to your digital license, you can use the Activation troubleshooter to help reactivate
    Windows after a significant hardware change.

I linked my Microsoft account with my digital license a year ago when I built my PC cause I had issues with the ports on my old motherboard and knew I would be swapping
    it out at some point. I wanted to take the necessary steps before doing so.

Adreatheon, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after a significant hardware change using digital entitlement...

Can't reactivate a digital windows linsence after a hardware change

Hi, Adreatheon

My name is Kathleen and I am an Independent Advisor. I would be happy to help you today.

When installing Windows 10, the digital license associates itself with your device's hardware. So, if you make significant changes, such as replacing your motherboard, Windows will no longer find a license that matches your computer.

Here’s how to prepare Windows 10 for activation before you make any significant hardware changes. If you didn't prepare before the hardware change, we also provide the steps to help you reactivate Windows 10.

Check these links, I hope it helps.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/...

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-re-activate-...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Let us know if these steps help you to resolve the issue.

KahtleenTasman85, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after a significant hardware change using digital entitlement...

1. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after a significant hardware change using digital entitlement... - Similar Threads - Reactivating Pro significant

2. Unable to reactivate Windows 10 digital license after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reactivate Windows 10 digital license after hardware change: Good afternoon,Back in 2018 I bought a retail Windows 10 Professional license on the Microsoft Store and linked it to my Microsoft account. At the end of June this year I replaced most of the PC except the hard drive which has Windows installed. However even though the...
  3. Unable to reactivate Windows 10 digital license after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to reactivate Windows 10 digital license after hardware change: Good afternoon,Back in 2018 I bought a retail Windows 10 Professional license on the Microsoft Store and linked it to my Microsoft account. At the end of June this year I replaced most of the PC except the hard drive which has Windows installed. However even though the...
  4. Problem in Activating Windows 10 Pro after significant hardware change.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem in Activating Windows 10 Pro after significant hardware change.: First of All Sorry there will be tons of grammatical mistakes are going to happen as I am not good in English. I recently changed my broken Motherboard and HDD of My PC, installed a new Windows 10 Pro on my new HDD as well. After installing it I thought to activate Windows I...
  5. Windows 10 reactivation with digital license after hardware change

Windows 10 reactivation with digital license after hardware change: I was under the impression that having linked your Microsoft account with your old hardware to have the digital license linked you could activate windows 10 on the new hardware, was I wrong? I don't have my windows 7 key anymore since i got that from my school a while ago but...
  6. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after hardware change

Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after hardware change: I upgraded my hardware just today. Changed pretty much all of it, new motherboard, CPU etc. and now my Windows isn't activated anymore. I get the 0xC004F211 error code. Troubleshooting doesn't help, coming up with "We weren't able to activate Windows on this device."...
  7. Windows 10 Pro reactivation after hardware change

Windows 10 Pro reactivation after hardware change: Hello! I recently replaced my Processor/Motherboard/RAM on my Desktop PC and now I can't reactivate my Windows 10. Also, I get the error 0xC004F025 in the activation window (where I press Troubleshoot). After I select the device I am using, and pressing Activate, it says...
  8. Reactivating Windows 10 After Significant Hardware Change

Reactivating Windows 10 After Significant Hardware Change: I recently upgraded my PC but now Windows doesn't recognise it and thinks I'm cheating it. I used to Troubleshooter and it did nothing, so I clicked the hardware change link which took me another window where I could choose my device. It was right there, right device name...
  9. Transferring Windows Digital License after significant hardware change

Transferring Windows Digital License after significant hardware change: I've significantly upgraded my PC (new motherboard, storage), to the point where Windows 10 doesn't recognise it as the device I had my Windows 10 digital license on. When I go to settings - activation, I get error code 0xc004f213 which states no product key was found on this...
  10. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro After Hardware Change

Reactivating Windows 10 Pro After Hardware Change: I got Windows 10 earlier last year in 2018 from the free downloadable installation media to upgrade from Windows 7. Earlier this month, I linked my computer to my Microsoft account in order to use a Digital License because I was going to upgrade components of my PC. I...