Windows 10: Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after hardware change (motherboard, CPU, RAM)

Discus and support Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after hardware change (motherboard, CPU, RAM) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The first thing I did before I change my setup was I linked my microsoft account to windows 10 so that I could have my activation connect to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by videogamergod22, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after hardware change (motherboard, CPU, RAM)

The first thing I did before I change my setup was I linked my microsoft account to windows 10 so that I could have my activation connect to my microsoft account. Today, I try to reactivate windows with the windows 10 settings activation troubleshooter and I said that it is unable to activate windows, then I pressed the I changed hardware on this device recently button. Then I found the device that was listed (same one). I check this is my device that I am using right now and activate button and it said "We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later".

I changed my motherboard, CPU and RAM. I am still using the same hard drives. I was wondering if there is something I can do without having to buy another windows 10 activation key.

:)

videogamergod22, Sep 7, 2018

2. win 10 motherboard change, reactivating windows

Hi Famie,

If you are planning to change your motherboard, you will still be able to activate your Windows 10. In Windows 10 version 1607, there is a feature that you can link your Microsoft account to Windows 10 digital license on your device.
    This can help you reactivate Windows using the Activation troubleshooter if you make a significant hardware change later, such as replacing the motherboard.

That being said, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article
    to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those are facing the same problem.

Janeane Cru, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

I have searched this topic and everything seems to be almost a year old. This is a homebuilt machine circa 2015. It started with an ASUS FM2+ motherboard with an AMD A5600K processor. It was Windows 7 Pro, upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro then to Windows 10 Pro.
    Saturday the motherboard died. An exact replacement could not be located so a Gigabyte card was installed. No changes to the hard drives. Booted the machine and Windows automatically started and then did a "revert" then installed the latest updates. C Drive was in the red so I deleted all of the old install files using Windows Clean-up. Went to reactivate, checked the significant hardware change and entered my MS account information - The computer (none of my computers) were listed and now it is telling me that I have to spend $200 to buy a copy of Windows 10 Pro.
    Have not yet called Customer Support as the computer is at home and I work during the day -
    I do have a disk image or two that may be a year old -

Suggestions - should I just shell out the $200 and move on

TIA

Mickey53usa, Sep 7, 2018
  4. cereberus Win User

Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after hardware change (motherboard, CPU, RAM)

Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

Activate using windows 7 pro key.

cereberus, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after hardware change (motherboard, CPU, RAM)

1. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after hardware change (motherboard, CPU, RAM) - Similar Threads - Reactivating Pro hardware

2. Reactivating Windows 10 after major hardware change(motherboard)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivating Windows 10 after major hardware change(motherboard): Will I have any issues reactivating Windows10 since it came pre-installed by the OEM(cyberpowerpc), and Windows will view the new motherboard as a different PC? I'm running the latest 1809 version of Windows, and my digital license is linked to my Microsoft account. According...
  3. Can not reactivate Windows 10 Pro after hardware change

Can not reactivate Windows 10 Pro after hardware change: Hi, I recently installed a new motherboard, and Windows 10 Pro now shows as not activated in the activation settings. I upgraded to Windows 10 during the free upgrade period I have already tried running the troubleshooter, then selecting "I have recently changed my...
  4. Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after a hardware change

Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after a hardware change: Hi everybody, About a month ago I replaced the motherboard of my computer that is currently running Windows 10 Pro. I have a constant "Activate Windows" watermark in the bottom right of my monitor now, which is to be expected, but when I attempt to troubleshoot and select...
  5. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro After Hardware Change

Reactivating Windows 10 Pro After Hardware Change: I got Windows 10 earlier last year in 2018 from the free downloadable installation media to upgrade from Windows 7. Earlier this month, I linked my computer to my Microsoft account in order to use a Digital License because I was going to upgrade components of my PC. I...
  6. Reactivating Windows 10 after a Motherboard change

Reactivating Windows 10 after a Motherboard change: I just recently changed my motherboard on my PC. I connected Windows 10 to my Microsoft account before I made the change so I could keep using it afterwards. But when I go to try and reactivate it I get the error code 0x803fa067 and it wont let me activate. When I click...
  7. Windows Won't Activate After MotherBoard, CPU, and RAM change.

Windows Won't Activate After MotherBoard, CPU, and RAM change.: First off, I had to reinstall windows after it (almost) booted to a blue screen after the hardware change, figured that would happen so no big surprise. Got to the troubleshoot screen and reinstalled or whatever its called from there. Works great, except windows doesn't want...
  8. Windows won't reactivate after changing motherboard and cpu

Windows won't reactivate after changing motherboard and cpu: I just upgraded my PC, and windows deactivated itself. My windows key is linked to my microsoft account, and the original product key is probably long gone (it was a Windows 7 key from 5 years ago). I tried using the activation troubleshoot in settings. When I click "I...
  9. Reactivate Windows 10 after changing motherboard.

Reactivate Windows 10 after changing motherboard.: Hello folks, hope someone may help me with this. I know this topic was already discussed before, but i still cant find an answer for myself. I had my Windows 7 upgraded to 10 with old pc. I just upgraded my pc with new motherboard,cpu and ram. Now i have trouble with Windows...
  10. Reactivation windows 10 after a sudden major hardware change(motherboard)

Reactivation windows 10 after a sudden major hardware change(motherboard): I have a full retail key. My old motherboard suddenly got damaged. I have to replace the motherboard without any preparation for re-activating windows 10 in the new PC. How can I reactivate it?...