Windows 10: Reactivating Windows 10 Pro After Hardware Change

Discus and support Reactivating Windows 10 Pro After Hardware Change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I got Windows 10 earlier last year in 2018 from the free downloadable installation media to upgrade from Windows 7. Earlier this month, I linked my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JMB2020, Jan 25, 2019.

1. JMB2020 Win User

Reactivating Windows 10 Pro After Hardware Change

I got Windows 10 earlier last year in 2018 from the free downloadable installation media to upgrade from Windows 7. Earlier this month, I linked my computer to my Microsoft account in order to use a Digital License because I was going to upgrade components of my PC. I switched out the motherboard and ram this week, keeping the same hard drive untouched. It started up without problems, and Windows was deactivated as expected. I went to "Troubleshoot" and selected "I changed hardware on this device recently". From there, it will either tell me "Our servers aren't available right now.", or it will show me a list of my devices to choose from. After choosing my pc's name as the device I'm using, it will still say it was unable to activate Windows. I'm using Windows version 1803. The error showing in the activation panel is 0xC004C003.

:)

JMB2020, Jan 25, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

I have searched this topic and everything seems to be almost a year old. This is a homebuilt machine circa 2015. It started with an ASUS FM2+ motherboard with an AMD A5600K processor. It was Windows 7 Pro, upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro then to Windows 10 Pro.
    Saturday the motherboard died. An exact replacement could not be located so a Gigabyte card was installed. No changes to the hard drives. Booted the machine and Windows automatically started and then did a "revert" then installed the latest updates. C Drive was in the red so I deleted all of the old install files using Windows Clean-up. Went to reactivate, checked the significant hardware change and entered my MS account information - The computer (none of my computers) were listed and now it is telling me that I have to spend $200 to buy a copy of Windows 10 Pro.
    Have not yet called Customer Support as the computer is at home and I work during the day -
    I do have a disk image or two that may be a year old -

Suggestions - should I just shell out the $200 and move on

TIA

Mickey53usa, Jan 25, 2019
  4. cereberus Win User

Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

Activate using windows 7 pro key.

cereberus, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro After Hardware Change - Similar Threads - Reactivating Pro Hardware

2. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after changing hardware is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after changing hardware is not working.: I just upgraded my hardware with a new motherboard, CPU, RAM etc. I am using the same HDD with Windows 10 Pro installed on it. This was a purchase from the Mircrosoft Store as a digital license in 2016. I cannot get it to re-activate on this new hardware. I have tried running...
  3. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after changing hardware is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after changing hardware is not working.: I just upgraded my hardware with a new motherboard, CPU, RAM etc. I am using the same HDD with Windows 10 Pro installed on it. This was a purchase from the Mircrosoft Store as a digital license in 2016. I cannot get it to re-activate on this new hardware. I have tried running...
  4. Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after hardware change: I swapped out my old HDD for a new SSD and I moved all the data safely with Samsung's Data Migration Software. Everything went well until I noticed the "Activate Windows" watermark in the lower right hand corner or my screen. I followed every 'solution' I could find online....
  5. Can't reactivate windows 10 pro after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't reactivate windows 10 pro after a hardware change: After a hardware change to my cpu, motherboard, and ram, I am getting error code 0xC004C003 which says that I don't have a valid digital license or product key. I have tried troubleshooting but the "I changed my hardware" option doesn't pop up and I have tried changing my...
  6. Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after a hardware change

Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after a hardware change: Yesterday I upgraded my CPU, which also involved getting a new motherboard and RAM. I am aware that hardware changes this large will usually make this happen, but I've tried to troubleshoot, and I've clicked the button at the bottom when you have changed your hardware, but it...
  7. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after hardware change

Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after hardware change: I upgraded my hardware just today. Changed pretty much all of it, new motherboard, CPU etc. and now my Windows isn't activated anymore. I get the 0xC004F211 error code. Troubleshooting doesn't help, coming up with "We weren't able to activate Windows on this device."...
  8. Windows 10 Pro reactivation after hardware change

Windows 10 Pro reactivation after hardware change: Hello! I recently replaced my Processor/Motherboard/RAM on my Desktop PC and now I can't reactivate my Windows 10. Also, I get the error 0xC004F025 in the activation window (where I press Troubleshoot). After I select the device I am using, and pressing Activate, it says...
  9. Can not reactivate Windows 10 Pro after hardware change

Can not reactivate Windows 10 Pro after hardware change: Hi, I recently installed a new motherboard, and Windows 10 Pro now shows as not activated in the activation settings. I upgraded to Windows 10 during the free upgrade period I have already tried running the troubleshooter, then selecting "I have recently changed my...
  10. Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after a hardware change

Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after a hardware change: Hi everybody, About a month ago I replaced the motherboard of my computer that is currently running Windows 10 Pro. I have a constant "Activate Windows" watermark in the bottom right of my monitor now, which is to be expected, but when I attempt to troubleshoot and select...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install windows after hardware change