Windows 10: Reactivating Windows - Rebuilt PC, Formatted Drives

Discus and support Reactivating Windows - Rebuilt PC, Formatted Drives in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've just rebuilt my PC with a new Mobo and a few other new pieces. I formatted the old SSD so I wouldn't get any driver issues with the new hardware.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dan_OV, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Dan_OV Win User

Reactivating Windows - Rebuilt PC, Formatted Drives

I've just rebuilt my PC with a new Mobo and a few other new pieces. I formatted the old SSD so I wouldn't get any driver issues with the new hardware. When I try activate windows on my 'new' PC, it's telling me I can't . I have a retail license of windows.

I can see my old PC shown up when it says "Reactivate" but I then hit errors. I've contacted support but the only option is to be called, and my phone keeps dropping the call.

RESOLVED - Microsoft Agent remoted my PC and used magic and it was super effective.

:)

Dan_OV, Aug 4, 2019

2. Reactivating Windows - Rebuilt PC, Formatted Drives

ChrivelleMayobe, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Dan_OV Win User

I've just rebuilt my PC with a new Mobo and a few other new pieces. I formatted the old SSD so I wouldn't get any driver issues with the new hardware. When I try activate windows on my 'new' PC, it's telling me I can't . I
    have a retail license of windows.

I can see my old PC shown up when it says "Reactivate" but I then hit errors. I've contacted support but the only option is to be called, and my phone keeps dropping the call.

RESOLVED - Microsoft Agent remoted my PC and used magic and it was super effective.

Dan_OV, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Reactivating Windows - Rebuilt PC, Formatted Drives - Similar Threads - Reactivating Rebuilt Formatted

2. Rebuilt PC WHEA Error 18

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rebuilt PC WHEA Error 18: Hi, I've tried so much to get my PC to stop crashing but it still happens. I'm beginning to think it's a hardware issue but want to rule out everything else first.I've tried:Updating BIOSFresh Windows InstallationReseating ComponentsRunning MemtestChecking Cables for flush...
  3. Rebuilt PC WHEA Error 18

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rebuilt PC WHEA Error 18: Hi, I've tried so much to get my PC to stop crashing but it still happens. I'm beginning to think it's a hardware issue but want to rule out everything else first.I've tried:Updating BIOSFresh Windows InstallationReseating ComponentsRunning MemtestChecking Cables for flush...
  4. USB drive formats PC to MAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB drive formats PC to MAC: Will a MacIntosh M1 Air accept a USB drive that has been formatted and contains files from a PC Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-drive-formats-pc-to-mac/e82ed4f8-ab8f-41b9-b896-24912d07b09b
  5. Formatted my pc and Windows wont reactivate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formatted my pc and Windows wont reactivate: Is there anyway to activate my windows key again or microsft just scammed me ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatted-my-pc-and-windows-wont-reactivate/442b7ead-58d3-484c-90eb-8886b723a821
  6. Formatted my pc and Windows wont reactivate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Formatted my pc and Windows wont reactivate: Is there anyway to activate my windows key again or microsft just scammed me ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatted-my-pc-and-windows-wont-reactivate/442b7ead-58d3-484c-90eb-8886b723a821
  7. Formatted my pc and Windows wont reactivate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Rebuilt PC Can't get anything on the screen.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Rebuilt PC Can't get anything on the screen.: Hello there. I have just built a PC and am looking to install Windows 10 on it. The issue is I can't open up the BIOS settings or get anything on the screen for that matter. I plug in a keyboard and mouse. The LED's on the mouse show up however with the keyboard as its an...
  9. PC full format of all drives

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC full format of all drives: My pc has been having problems and wanted a clean start so i decided to remove everything through windows reset now it's stuck at resetting this PC 99% for more than 3hrs. Should i wait it out or just cancel it?...
  10. activating w10 on rebuilt PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activating w10 on rebuilt PC: new (W10) PC won't activate W10 when I use my W7 code from my old PC . Should it? What do I have to do please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activating-w10-on-rebuilt-pc/a941f149-9b9b-4880-9326-b9f725a0c9b0"