Windows 10: Reactivating windows using OEM license

Discus and support Reactivating windows using OEM license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Alright so my laptop has OEM license , I need to format the pc now but im afraid of losing the license if after the format. I just need to know can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by WaelAl-Akram, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Reactivating windows using OEM license

Alright so my laptop has OEM license , I need to format the pc now but im afraid of losing the license if after the format.
    I just need to know can I reactivate my laptop after the format using the product key i have when i got the license ?

If so i would like to know how

:)

WaelAl-Akram, Jun 14, 2020

2. upgrade to windows 10 home oem version

Based on how OEM licensing works, changing the motherboard invalidates the licensing. Recent communications suggest that Microsoft might be forgiving to such circumstance, so you could reinstall Windows 10 Home, then use chat support to reactivate:

Andre Da Costa, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Xalorous Win User

Reactivating windows using OEM license

Can I run virtual windows with my OEM license?

1. Backup your Windows installation.
    2. Uninstall Windows from your hard drive.
    3. Install Windows in a VM.
    4. Ensure the Windows installation has internet access.
    5. Attempt to activate the installation. You may need to call Microsoft to complete this step over the phone.

If they ask you why your are re-activating, tell them you have removed the old installation and changed your system configuration and that you are now reinstalling. (All true.)

Don't volunteer that the Windows 7 key is OEM. Your Windows 10 entitlement may or may not be marked as originating from OEM. If they say that it is OEM and that you cannot use it to activate, then you know. Say thanks and end the call. Restore your backup from step 1 and stick with dual boot, or purchase a copy of Windows 10 and activate yours that way.

Of course, you could always install Hyper-V component of Windows 10 and run your Linux inside. No licensing issues that way. And it may be installed and running by default.

Also, before step 2, you might try to find some sort of P2V solution. This basically takes an 'image' of your physical system and converts it to a virtual machine. VirtualBox wiki article. This may trigger a reactivation due to the significant change in the HAL (hardware abstraction layer).

Xalorous, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Reactivating windows using OEM license

1. Reactivating windows using OEM license - Similar Threads - Reactivating using OEM

2. Windows OEM license Re-use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows OEM license Re-use: Hi , I brought a new laptop today , which has got Windows 11 and is OEM licenses.How can i save this copy of windows so that in case in future if i format this laptop, a genuine Windows is installed?or how i can re-use this license on same laptop in case i format it in...
  3. Windows OEM license Re-use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows OEM license Re-use: Hi , I brought a new laptop today , which has got Windows 11 and is OEM licenses.How can i save this copy of windows so that in case in future if i format this laptop, a genuine Windows is installed?or how i can re-use this license on same laptop in case i format it in...
  4. Is there a way to use an OEM license in a vm?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to use an OEM license in a vm?: I currently have a Linux distro on my PC, and I want to install windowsI used to have Windows as my main os on it.Just wanted to ask if there is any way to tie the oem license to the vm?If not, is there something else I can do without the risk of losing the ability to use...
  5. Is there a way to use an OEM license in a vm?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to use an OEM license in a vm?: I currently have a Linux distro on my PC, and I want to install windowsI used to have Windows as my main os on it.Just wanted to ask if there is any way to tie the oem license to the vm?If not, is there something else I can do without the risk of losing the ability to use...
  6. Is there a way to use an OEM license in a vm?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Reactivating Windows on OEM Licensed Device?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivating Windows on OEM Licensed Device?: Hello, I wanted to ask about this activation problem that kinda confuses me. So, I had ROG Strix G531GT with OEM licensed Windows 10 Home. After that, I bought Windows 10 Pro license from retail, obviously, activated it, and it said that the digital license is linked into my...
  8. using legitimate windows oem license

using legitimate windows oem license: I built a custom Pc couple of years ago, and the seller installed a windows 10 enterprise on my Pc. for the past year windows been asking me to activate it, which I could not think it is a pirated copy. now I bought a genuine OEM windows pro 64 license with CD. When I...
  9. Reactivate the OEM license on the new harddrive

Reactivate the OEM license on the new harddrive: Hello, My harddrive (which has the Win10 Pro OEM license pre-installed) died and I replace it myself with the new one. Now I reinstall Win10 and everything work fines so far, Windows tell me that my PC is activated, but more on that later. When I (re)installed Windows on...
  10. How to legally use an OEM license.

How to legally use an OEM license.: Since MS has continued to use their asinine licensing for OEM copies, I am trying to find a way to use this license for the PCs I build for myself. I am fully aware that the OEM license is tied to the motherboard and have no problem with that. Here is the language from the...