Windows 10: Reactivating windows with a digital key

Discus and support Reactivating windows with a digital key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, some time ago I created a Microsoft account and attached it to my laptop. Fortunately, I noticed that my windows was automatically activated. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Sebastian Sava, Mar 12, 2023.

1. Reactivating windows with a digital key

Hello, some time ago I created a Microsoft account and attached it to my laptop. Fortunately, I noticed that my windows was automatically activated. I recently bought a new computer, I installed windows on it, I connected to the same microsoft account as the one on the laptop, but windows is not activated only on the new computer. Windows remained activated on the old laptop the laptop also remained connected to the same Microsoft account. I understood that windows can be reactivated with a digital key if a hardware component has changed. But in my case, if I want to activate windows on th

:)

Sebastian Sava, Mar 12, 2023

2. Reactivate my pre install window on new pc with digital key

Sir/Madam how i Reactivate my pre install window on new pc with digital key

Sanjay 18 NP, Mar 12, 2023
  3. Digital license won't reactivate on new hardware (motherboard, cpu ram)

Hello,

I have a digital license of Windows 10 that is linked to my Windows account. I've just replaced my motherboard, cpu and ram and whenever I attempt to reactivate my license the activation troubleshoot says "Unable to activate Windows, We can't reactivate Windows
    on this device, Try again later.

Prior to changing my hardware I double checked my digital license, The activation said "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account"

If I run 'winver' It also lists the produced is licensed to my Microsoft account.

According to this article below, All I should have to do is goto the activation troubleshooter and everything should work.

Article Link: Reactivating Windows after a hardware change - Microsoft Support

What are my next steps?

Thanks.

JonathanTC92, Mar 12, 2023
  4. Reactivating windows with a digital key

Windows 10 reactivation methods

When you go to Settings>Update and Security>Activation what does it say at the top under Activation?

A retail key should also create a Digital License.

Try associating your MS Account following the initial steps in
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change

When you change hardware if it needs reactivation, either use the retail Product Key, Contact Support app, Phone activation via running slmgr 4 command to refresh hardware signature, or if it's listed as a Digital License you can run the Activation Troubleshooter.

There should be no problem as long as the Product Key is valid. If this becomes in question you can validate the key via
    Customer Service.

Please keep us posted. We're always here.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Mar 12, 2023
Thema:

Reactivating windows with a digital key

1. Reactivating windows with a digital key - Similar Threads - Reactivating digital key

2. Cant reactivate Digital Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant reactivate Digital Key: Himy pc upgrade windows 10 > 11 yesterdaysim reinstall new windows 10 but cant activate with digital license key" Unable to activate Windows. " - We can't reactivate Windows this device. Try agian laterHow to recovery digital license key from windows 11 Now digital license...
  3. Cant reactivate Digital Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cant reactivate Digital Key: Himy pc upgrade windows 10 > 11 yesterdaysim reinstall new windows 10 but cant activate with digital license key" Unable to activate Windows. " - We can't reactivate Windows this device. Try agian laterHow to recovery digital license key from windows 11 Now digital license...
  4. Cant reactivate Digital Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Reactivating windows with a digital key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivating windows with a digital key: Hello, some time ago I created a Microsoft account and attached it to my laptop. Fortunately, I noticed that my windows was automatically activated. I recently bought a new computer, I installed windows on it, I connected to the same microsoft account as the one on the...
  6. Reactivating windows with a digital key

Reactivating windows with a digital key: Hello, some time ago I created a Microsoft account and attached it to my laptop. Fortunately, I noticed that my windows was automatically activated. I recently bought a new computer, I installed windows on it, I connected to the same microsoft account as the one on the...
  7. Windows 10 reactivation key/digital license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 reactivation key/digital license: I have bought a used laptop with Windows 10 Home OEM, No key printed under Laptop installed on HDD and I wish to replace the HDD with SSD and install fresh Windows 10 Home on it using bootable USB, but it asks for a product key. What do I do about it and what's the best way...
  8. Windows 10 reactivation key/digital license

Windows 10 reactivation key/digital license: I have bought a used laptop with Windows 10 Home OEM, No key printed under Laptop installed on HDD and I wish to replace the HDD with SSD and install fresh Windows 10 Home on it using bootable USB, but it asks for a product key. What do I do about it and what's the best way...
  9. Windows 10 reactivation key/digital license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Reactivation of Windows with a digital licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivation of Windows with a digital licence: I have my work laptop with Windows 10, and I want to reinstall Windows. I see that I have digital license.When I followed Learn more link Activate Windows microsoft.com I find this:Activate using a digital licenseDigital licenses are associated with your hardware and linked...