Windows 10: Reactivating Windows With A New Computer

Discus and support Reactivating Windows With A New Computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there team, So I got myself a new computer due to my old one dying on me. The old one was Windows 10 Pro and had it come with the motherboard.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Scott_517, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Scott_517 Win User

Reactivating Windows With A New Computer

Hi there team,

So I got myself a new computer due to my old one dying on me.

The old one was Windows 10 Pro and had it come with the motherboard.

I installed Windows 10 Home on my new PC and when I used the Activation Troubleshooter after

singing into my microsoft account, It showed my old Motherboards name and the brand Gigabyte and

that it is using Windows 10 Pro. And gave me the "Edition Doesn't Match".

So my question is, Is there a way I can go from Windows 10 Home to Pro seamlessly and then reactivate it after that?
    It seems I just need to match the same edition of Windows to reactivate?

Any help would be awesome!

Cheers!

:)

Scott_517, Apr 19, 2020
  2. Andre Da Costa, Apr 19, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 19, 2020
  4. 66er Win User

Windows reactivation after computer change

Hi all!
    I searched trough existing threads for help but without success, so I'm opening new one.

I have a Win 10 digital license that I picked up a few years ago when MS gave a free upgrade from 7 to 10.
    This license is properly linked to my Microsoft account on my old PC.

Now, I bought a new computer, so I was thinking of reactivating windows on a new machine, but it turns out it's not as simple as the instructions says:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/...ardware-change

I signed in on new PC with my active account but when I try to activate windows on new machine trough Troubleshoot it is not displaying new PC in the list of computers associated with the MS account.

Does anyone know if Win 10 can be reactivated after a computer change?

According to Microsoft I need to buy new licence, but also I found info that it can be activated but you need to add a new account (option that I don't have since I'm already signed in)..

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thema:

1. Reactivating Windows With A New Computer - Similar Threads - Reactivating Computer

2. My computer is telling me to activate windows after I upgraded the CPU, how do I reactivate...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My computer is telling me to activate windows after I upgraded the CPU, how do I reactivate...: I built my PC in 2019 and activated windows 10 with a product key I bought. I had no issues until I recently upgraded my CPU. The activate windows watermark came back so I went into the troubleshoot settings of activation and clicked I recently upgraded parts of this PC and...
  3. My computer is telling me to activate windows after I upgraded the CPU, how do I reactivate...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is telling me to activate windows after I upgraded the CPU, how do I reactivate...: I built my PC in 2019 and activated windows 10 with a product key I bought. I had no issues until I recently upgraded my CPU. The activate windows watermark came back so I went into the troubleshoot settings of activation and clicked I recently upgraded parts of this PC and...
  4. My computer is telling me to activate windows after I upgraded the CPU, how do I reactivate...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to reactivate windows spotlite on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to reactivate windows spotlite on my computer?: When my computer opens the fist screen has a picture and did have 3 questions I need to answer. Also it had an explanation of what I was looking at: also the choices were if I like the picture, don't like, don't care I think. Those options are gone now and all I see is a...
  6. how to reactivate windows spotlite on my computer?

how to reactivate windows spotlite on my computer?: When my computer opens the fist screen has a picture and did have 3 questions I need to answer. Also it had an explanation of what I was looking at: also the choices were if I like the picture, don't like, don't care I think. Those options are gone now and all I see is a...
  7. Windows 10 Computer Task Bar is not reactive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Computer Task Bar is not reactive: Hi,Following a Windows update the Start Menu icon, the Search toolbar and other functions on the task bar are no longer working. WinKey+I does not work although WinKey+R works.I tried SFC, DISM, Reset All Apps commands to no avail.I would like to rollback the windows update...
  8. Windows 10 Computer Task Bar is not reactive

Windows 10 Computer Task Bar is not reactive: Hi,Following a Windows update the Start Menu icon, the Search toolbar and other functions on the task bar are no longer working. WinKey+I does not work although WinKey+R works.I tried SFC, DISM, Reset All Apps commands to no avail.I would like to rollback the windows update...
  9. Windows 10 Computer Task Bar is not reactive

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Recently had a hardware change on computer - Windows Reactivation not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recently had a hardware change on computer - Windows Reactivation not working: Hi, So I recently upgraded my computer and replaced the motherboard and some other components and the computer seemed to work fine except for Windows saying that it was not activated. I followed the various guides available online and went to Activation > Troubleshooting > I...