Windows 10: Reactivation after a clean install of Windows 10

Discus and support Reactivation after a clean install of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have plans of a fresh install of Windows 10 on my PC as it has slowed down over time. My laptop had come with Windows 10 installed and activated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Shreevatsa PU, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Reactivation after a clean install of Windows 10

I have plans of a fresh install of Windows 10 on my PC as it has slowed down over time.

My laptop had come with Windows 10 installed and activated out of the box. Should I buy another key to activate Windows 10?

I read some articles on the internet and learnt that the product key is linked to the Microsoft account.

But I have 2 accounts on this PC and I don't know which account is it linked to.

Please help me with this.

:)

Shreevatsa PU, Oct 8, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Oct 8, 2020
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Oct 8, 2020
  4. Reactivation after a clean install of Windows 10

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Reactivation after a clean install of Windows 10

1. Reactivation after a clean install of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reactivation clean install

2. Windows 11 Reactivation after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Reactivation after clean install: I have today completely wiped my system was running an activated version of Windows 11 Pro, no key as it was a free upgrade from Windows 10, which was a free upgrade from my original Windows 7 for which I no longer have any of the hard copies or the original key and did a...
  3. Windows 11 Reactivation after clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Reactivation after clean install: I have today completely wiped my system was running an activated version of Windows 11 Pro, no key as it was a free upgrade from Windows 10, which was a free upgrade from my original Windows 7 for which I no longer have any of the hard copies or the original key and did a...
  4. Windows 10 Activation after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Activation after clean install: Hi, i've just done a clean install of Windows 10, and im using the old key that i had but now it's giving me error code 0x803f7001. According to the FAQ it means that the key doesnt exist but that's weird because it did activate before? Not sure how i can solve this....
  5. Reactivate Windows 10 fails after a fresh install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivate Windows 10 fails after a fresh install: I am trying to reactivate Windows 10 on this machine after a fresh install from a downloaded file. I do not have the original media. I am told “We can’t activate Windows on this device because you don’t have a valid digital license…”. Not true. This machine had/has a digital...
  6. Reactivation of Windows 10 After Hardware Install

Reactivation of Windows 10 After Hardware Install: Hello, I recently upgraded just about everything in my pc aside from the case and psu, and Windows is asking me to activate Windows, and I never purchased a copy of Windows 10, much like many Windows 7 users the upgrade was offered for free for a limited time, so I do not...
  7. windows 10 reactivation after SSD installation

windows 10 reactivation after SSD installation: Hi I have installed an SSD to replace my HDD. I have re installed but when I try to activate I get the message "We cant reactivate windows on this device try again later" Windows 10 was a free upgrade from 7. I spoke with support on the phone and they say I need my...
  8. Reactivating Windows 10 after new hardware install

Reactivating Windows 10 after new hardware install: I have got a windows 10 digital license attached to my Microsoft account. Today I made a hardware upgrade and now windows 10 won't reactivate. When I have gone through the troubleshooter it says unable to activate windows. The error code displayed why windows can't activate...
  9. Windows 10 reactivation after new motherboard install

Windows 10 reactivation after new motherboard install: Hi Everyone, My PC was pre-built by Digital Storm. I ended up having to update some hardware including my motherboard. Now, I'm encountering an issue when trying to re-activate my license (which should be tied to my Live ID). When I get to the activation page in settings,...
  10. Installing/reactivating Windows 10 after installing new motherboard

Installing/reactivating Windows 10 after installing new motherboard: After a BIOS update, our computer is no longer usable. It turns on to a black screen and stays that way. We've been in touch with the manufacturer who sent out the update, but not having any success fixing it. A "Geek Squad" person, told us we would most likely need to...