Windows 10: Reactivation after change of hard disk

Discus and support Reactivation after change of hard disk in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello Everyone! I have a question. I didn't use my laptop for almost 2 years and seems like the hard disk can't be use anymore. I change the hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by YanaJoe, Nov 2, 2020.

1. YanaJoe Win User

Reactivation after change of hard disk

Hello Everyone!

I have a question. I didn't use my laptop for almost 2 years and seems like the hard disk can't be use anymore. I change the hard disk and try to reactivate Windows 10 on the same device. Windows reported that there is no product key was found on my device. Error code : 0xC004F213. After trying to do troubleshoot, the Windows asked me to go to the store and purchase genuine Windows. After trying few times, I can't retrieve my product key. Anyone know how to solve my problem? Your help will be greatly appreciate.

:)

YanaJoe, Nov 2, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

can i transfer hard disk Windows 10 to another pc

Hello Jason,

Hard disk can be transferred on another machine depending on the license that your device has. For us to help you with your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• We'd like to know if your device came with a Windows 10 pre-installed Operating System?
    • Is your hard disk will be considered as a secondary storage on the other machine?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check this article for more information regarding your query:

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Nov 2, 2020
  3. External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 2, 2020
  4. jason8572 Win User

can i transfer hard disk Windows 10 to another pc

it did though it was not registered and never bothered to input the key it came with so currently the win 10 installed is unregistered

and it would be primary hardrive

jason8572, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Reactivation after change of hard disk - Similar Threads - Reactivation change hard

2. windows activation after hard disk change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows activation after hard disk change: Hi there, I am trying to change expand my Hard disk space so I got a new SSD I tried installing windows 11 pro and activate it through my Microsoft store account It's not activating it so I am back to my old hard disk. if anyone can help with issues, I really appreciate...
  3. windows activation after hard disk change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows activation after hard disk change: Hi there, I am trying to change expand my Hard disk space so I got a new SSD I tried installing windows 11 pro and activate it through my Microsoft store account It's not activating it so I am back to my old hard disk. if anyone can help with issues, I really appreciate...
  4. Windows Activation After a Hard Disk Change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation After a Hard Disk Change: Today I got my hard disk changed and cannot activate Windows 10 after that. I get the error code 0xC004F213 although my device is seemingly connected to my Microsoft account. I tried to re-enter the product key but the key on the CD I got from the retailer doesn't work - it...
  5. window activation after hard disk change

window activation after hard disk change: i have just recently upgraded to SSD fro HDD and my and the service provider has install window 10 pro Not activated but i have digital license for window 10 home.So now window is not activated. how can i downgrade my window pro ta home...
  6. Change Hard Disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change Hard Disk: My computer is runing Windows 10free upgrade digital license. What is the most appropriate method to change my hard disk without the need to contact Microsoft Support? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-hard-disk/45d7c5da-fcab-4c57-a4bd-e09a3bbb7c12
  7. Reactivating Windows 10 Dell OEM after a hard disk replacement

Reactivating Windows 10 Dell OEM after a hard disk replacement: Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Windows 10 I just replaced my hard drive. Since Dell did not provide me with a Windows disk, we reloaded Windows with a disk my techie husband already had. Since it was not the Dell OEM version of Windows 10, I am now unable to activate Windows. It's...
  8. Reactivation after Hard drive installation

Reactivation after Hard drive installation: I bought a computer off someone, and it came activated with windows 10, but after i put in another hard drive, windows deactivated. The troubleshooter doesn't work, because it needs me to sign into the microsoft account that was linked with the license, but i don't have...
  9. reactivation after change of motherboard

reactivation after change of motherboard: my last windows 10 pro was a digital license. I don't know how to reactivate after change of motherboard. I have still with me the genuine windows 7 license. I don't know what to do. kindly help me....
  10. Reinstalling windows after hard disk change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling windows after hard disk change: Hello, Windows 10 is installed on my computer on 1000 GB HDD. I want to replace the HDD with a new one which sizes only 500 GB. I made a recovery DOK and tried using it to reinstall windows on the new HDD, but I got an error saying the size is too small. How can I reinstall...