Windows 10: Reactivation after Hard drive installation

Discus and support Reactivation after Hard drive installation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a computer off someone, and it came activated with windows 10, but after i put in another hard drive, windows deactivated. The troubleshooter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dimsim1, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Dimsim1 Win User

Reactivation after Hard drive installation

I bought a computer off someone, and it came activated with windows 10, but after i put in another hard drive, windows deactivated. The troubleshooter doesn't work, because it needs me to sign into the microsoft account that was linked with the license, but i don't have access to it.

:)

Dimsim1, Jan 14, 2020
  2. little cat, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Mathragh Win User

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Reactivation after Hard drive installation - Similar Threads - Reactivation Hard drive

2. Win 7 install after hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 7 install after hard drive: My Dell Desktop PC came with Win 10. I hate Win 10, Could not duel boot with Win 7 so I debaned HD and tried to install Win 7. Would not install. Kept getting notice “Setup does not support configuration of or installation top disks connected through a USB or IEEE 1394 port.”...
  3. Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive: I am going to be replacing my hard drive with a new drive soon, and it will be the only piece of hardware that I am changing in my computer. My question is can I reinstall windows 10 pro on the new drive without the product key? I looked everywhere but I can't find my...
  4. Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive: I am going to be replacing my hard drive with a new drive soon, and it will be the only piece of hardware that I am changing in my computer. My question is can I reinstall windows 10 pro on the new drive without the product key? I looked everywhere but I can't find my...
  5. Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Reactivating Windows after cloning hard drive

Reactivating Windows after cloning hard drive: Hi there,I've recently cloned my 500gig hard drive onto a 4T hard drive. All of my files, folders, and programs are functioning properly, but my Windows 10 Home is no longer activated. I've attempted to re-enter my product key, but it will not accept it. Any help would be...
  7. Reformat a hard drive after Ubuntu was installed on it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reformat a hard drive after Ubuntu was installed on it: Hello, My husband has a computer that is currently running Ubuntu and wants to change back to Windows 10. Can he safely reformat the hard drive and reinstall Windows 10 afterwards or will he need a new hard drive? Thanks for your time, Theresa...
  8. Reactivation after change of hard disk

Reactivation after change of hard disk: Hello Everyone! I have a question. I didn't use my laptop for almost 2 years and seems like the hard disk can't be use anymore. I change the hard disk and try to reactivate Windows 10 on the same device. Windows reported that there is no product key was found on my device....
  9. Hard Drive Crashed after update installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hard Drive Crashed after update installed: I had to do a fresh install after my hard drive crashed due to a pushed Windows 10 update. I tried EVERYTHING before doing a clean install, I had no other options. 1. So after installing & being devastated I lost my files, I logged into my Microsoft account but my desktop...
  10. HOW DO I REACTIVATE WINDOWS AFTER TRANSFERRING HARD DRIVE

HOW DO I REACTIVATE WINDOWS AFTER TRANSFERRING HARD DRIVE: I recently took out my hard drive from my Lenovo laptop and transferred it to my gate way because of the bigger screen and now I am unable to activate my digital Windows 10 product key on this device. The product key was pre installed on my Lenovo when I purchased it. Does...