Windows 10: Reactivation after motherboard swap

Discus and support Reactivation after motherboard swap in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I switched out my motherboard last night and now Windows is telling me it can't activate. How do I use the windows key I just purchased a couploe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by J Too, Apr 9, 2019.

1. J Too Win User

Reactivation after motherboard swap

I switched out my motherboard last night and now Windows is telling me it can't activate. How do I use the windows key I just purchased a couploe months ago?

:)

J Too, Apr 9, 2019
  2. skeeloco Win User

My motherboard died, I'm going to get a new one that's going to be a different brand so I imagine Win 10 will notice. I'm aware that the proper way to reactivate after a hardware change is to link your license to an MS account. The thing is, I never linked the license to an MS account before the motherboard died. My Win 10 install is an upgrade from non-OEM Windows 7 Ultimate DVD. Will I be able to re-activate my install after I get a new motherboard without having to get a hold of MS support?

skeeloco, Apr 9, 2019
  3. marco_965 Win User
    Reactivate windows 10 after motherboard changed.

I swapped my HP dead motherboard with a AMD 2006 motherboard and I need my windows 10 reactivate. the AMD 2006 motherboard has windows vista but I need windows 10 or 7.

marco_965, Apr 9, 2019
  4. nesnaj35 Win User

Reactivating Windows After Swapping Motherboard

I need to swap motherboards, and I was wondering how I go about transferring my current windows 10 license to my new computer - I don't have access to the license key, however the desktop is registered to my Microsoft account. I don't currently have access
    to the desktop, however, because the current motherboard is damage - it's been years since I installed windows on this computer, so I'm not sure if I'm running it on a digital license or an activatable key. Is there a way to tell what version my desktop is
    using via my Microsoft account? I don't want to remove the desktop from my account, add the new version with the new motherboard, and end up losing my version of Windows. Any insight would be appreciated!

nesnaj35, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Reactivation after motherboard swap - Similar Threads - Reactivation motherboard swap

2. How do I reactivate Windows after swapping motherboards

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I reactivate Windows after swapping motherboards: My original retail key was for Windows 7 Pro but has upgraded to 11 since then. Currently running Windows 10 Pro since 2015 with my original PC build. Upgraded the motherboard to support Windows 11, and now Windows wants me to Activate Windows. Is there any way to get the...
  3. How do I reactivate Windows after swapping motherboards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reactivate Windows after swapping motherboards: My original retail key was for Windows 7 Pro but has upgraded to 11 since then. Currently running Windows 10 Pro since 2015 with my original PC build. Upgraded the motherboard to support Windows 11, and now Windows wants me to Activate Windows. Is there any way to get the...
  4. [Solved] Can't Reactivate Windows 10 After a Motherboard Swap

[Solved] Can't Reactivate Windows 10 After a Motherboard Swap: Hello, I recently have a motherboard die on me so I had to buy a new one. After installing it Windows now says its not activated anymore. I tried to use the "I changed hardware on this device recently" and it ways its unable to reactivate Windows. Can someone please help me...
  5. Can't Reactivate Windows 10 After a Motherboard Swap

Can't Reactivate Windows 10 After a Motherboard Swap: Hello, I recently have a motherboard die on me so I had to buy a new one. After installing it Windows now says its not activated anymore. I tried to use the "I changed hardware on this device recently" and it ways its unable to reactivate Windows. Can someone please help me...
  6. WIndows 10 Reactivation after Motherboard Swap

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows 10 Reactivation after Motherboard Swap: Hello, I recently upgraded my PC motherboard and am having some issues activating Windows. Before I upgraded, I linked my Windows digital license to my Microsoft account hoping that this would prevent any issues. However, when I booted up after replacing the motherboard,...
  7. Windows not Reactivating after Motherboard Swap

Windows not Reactivating after Motherboard Swap: Hey everyone, I just swapped out my motherboard on my computer and got the activate windows message in the bottom right hand corner of my screen. Before replacing my motherboard, I had a Windows 10 Pro license. The troubleshooter doesn't seem to allow me to re-activate...
  8. Windows10 won't reactivate after motherboard swap

Windows10 won't reactivate after motherboard swap: My PC was an old corporate W7pro32 from 2011 which was upgraded to Windows10 when 10 came out, and activated OK. (linked to my personal MS account). Now I've changed the motherboard and it won't reactivate. I get 0xC004C003, but the message from the changed hardware...
  9. Reactivating Windows After Swapping Motherboard

Reactivating Windows After Swapping Motherboard: I need to swap motherboards, and I was wondering how I go about transferring my current windows 10 license to my new computer - I don't have access to the license key, however the desktop is registered to my Microsoft account. I don't currently have access to the desktop,...
  10. Reactivation after motherboard swap

Reactivation after motherboard swap: My motherboard died, I'm going to get a new one that's going to be a different brand so I imagine Win 10 will notice. I'm aware that the proper way to reactivate after a hardware change is to link your license to an MS account. The thing is, I never linked the license to an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. office pro 2019 needs reactivating after swapping motherboard

2. can i change my motherboard and still keep windows activation?