Windows 10: Reactivation issues after hardware change

Discus and support Reactivation issues after hardware change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently swapped the motherboard and CPU in an attempt to keep my antique rig functional for a few more months. I used sysprep to generalize Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SouthernGorilla, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Reactivation issues after hardware change

I recently swapped the motherboard and CPU in an attempt to keep my antique rig functional for a few more months. I used sysprep to generalize Windows prior to the swap and then did Fresh Start afterwards to get rid of any accumulated bloat/malware. The computer was secondhand and, I believe, the original install was a free upgrade from Windows 7. I have the correct key, but I can't get it to reactivate. The watermark has disappeared twice only to come back again. The account was activated before the swap. I think I missed a step in the Fresh Start process to ensure I stayed linked afterwards. The activation troubleshooter is no help. So far, I've tried everything short of regedit to get it to work.

Reactivation issues after hardware change cfccef91-a14a-43de-83e6-95bd2e263f2c?upload=true.png

:)

SouthernGorilla, Nov 18, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 18, 2018
  3. SarahKong Win User
    SarahKong, Nov 18, 2018
  4. KimberRoo Win User

Reactivation issues after hardware change

Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change

Hi there,

I recently upgraded system hardware including Motherboard and am unable to reactivate Windows 10 via the activation troubleshooter:

I have tried removing my old PC configuration from the list of devices in my windows account but still no luck!

• My windows account was linked to my PC prior to the change
    • Login in / out of my windows account has no effect
    • My version of windows was a free upgrade program from Windows 7, would this be an issue?
    Any help and ideas would be appreciated!

Many thanks,

KimberRoo, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

Reactivation issues after hardware change

1. Reactivation issues after hardware change - Similar Threads - Reactivation issues hardware

2. Issues in Windows reactivation after hardware changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues in Windows reactivation after hardware changes: Hello!I had purchased a genuine windows 7, which was later upgraded to 10 and I have been using it since around 2013 or so, but recently I had to change the hardware and I am not able to reactivate the windows [Error Code 0xC004F213]. In the settings, I accidentally removed...
  3. Issues in Windows reactivation after hardware changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues in Windows reactivation after hardware changes: Hello!I had purchased a genuine windows 7, which was later upgraded to 10 and I have been using it since around 2013 or so, but recently I had to change the hardware and I am not able to reactivate the windows [Error Code 0xC004F213]. In the settings, I accidentally removed...
  4. Reactivation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivation after hardware change: Hello. before I changed my pc parts, I linked my device with my microsoft account. Now when I try to use the feature "reactivation after hardware change", it says:"Unable to activate Windows. We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for...
  5. Reactivation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reactivation after hardware change: Hello. before I changed my pc parts, I linked my device with my microsoft account. Now when I try to use the feature "reactivation after hardware change", it says:"Unable to activate Windows. We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for...
  6. Reactivation Issue after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivation Issue after hardware change: Hi, i recently changed the hardware in my computer motherboard, cpu, memory. I prepared everything to be able to reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change. I followed the instruction detailed in this guide :...
  7. Reactivation after hardware change

Reactivation after hardware change: I recently upgraded my motherboard, CPU, and RAM on my computer, and replaced my HDD with an SDD a few weeks earlier. Since the latest change, I see a watermark on my screen telling me to activate windows. When I try the troubleshooter and tell it I upgraded the hardware, it...
  8. Reactivation after hardware change

Reactivation after hardware change: Hello, I have the 0xC004F213 error when I want to activate my product. I recently build a new PC because my old one died and thats waht I get. I don't have a product key, I've bought that almost 5 years ago and it's just lost. Is there any possibilty to reactivate it?...
  9. Reactivating after hardware change issues

Reactivating after hardware change issues: Trying to reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade. I'm logged in to my Microsoft account. I went though: Activate > I changed hardware recently > check the box for "this is the device I'm using right now". I get an error of "we can't reactivate Windows on this...
  10. Reactivation after hardware change

Reactivation after hardware change: Hello, I changed hardware(Motherboard and CPU) and want to reactivate windows but it wont work. I do have a retail version and made sure my account was linked to my digital license so as to avoid any issues for reactivation. I tried to contact Microsoft support twice to...