Windows 10: Reactivation of Windows 10 in VirtualBox machine

Discus and support Reactivation of Windows 10 in VirtualBox machine in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had a licenced activated copy of Windows 10 running in a VirtualBox machine on an HP laptop without any problems. The motherboard in that machine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AMosZW, Nov 22, 2019.

1. AMosZW Win User

Reactivation of Windows 10 in VirtualBox machine

I had a licenced activated copy of Windows 10 running in a VirtualBox machine on an HP laptop without any problems. The motherboard in that machine fried and was not repairable. I got a replacement laptop with an 8th gen Core i5 multicore processor and a 500 GB SSD. I copied my backup onto the new machine and I am now unable to reactivate Windows 10. When I log into my Microsoft account from the VirtualBox installation it shows the Windows 10 licence on a VirtualBox machine but will not allow me to link to that machine to reactivate. Any work arounds?

:)

AMosZW, Nov 22, 2019
  2. S_and_S Win User

Installing a Virtual Machine in Windows 10

Step #1 is to decide which virtual machine software you wish to install.

The three most popular choices are:

• VirtualBox (from Oracle)
    • VMWare Workstation Player (from VMWare); and
    • Hyper-V (from Microsoft)

Once you've made your choice you can find detailed, illustrated instructions for installing each one on the internet.

As a personal suggestion: You might find it easier to use either VirtualBox or VMWare Workstation Player. Hyper-V is more complicated to setup.

Between VirtualBox and VMWare, I think you'll find VirtualBox more user-friendly, and it has the advantage of allowing you to create checkpoints - backups of your virtual machine - whereas to do that in VMWare you'll need to upgrade to their (expensive!)
    paid version.

S_and_S, Nov 22, 2019
  3. PuB_Evo Win User
    Sun VirtualBox

Been there and done that. Followed through enabling the 3D acceleration and as told i hit the "Install Guest Addition" to install the drivers in the guest operating system, after that i was told to reboot the VirtualBox and came to the blue windows XP shutdown screen... It was on that screen for more then 30mins and so i force a shutdown on the original Win7 OS to et rid of the VirtualBox OS shutdown screen. Rebooted and tested VirtualBox with the game and got the same error message as shown in my first post.

EDIT: Gone through all the steps till i came to rebooting the VirtualBox OS. After the system coming up normally, i checked if the 3D acceleration is enabled by running dxdiag. Here is what i get...

Reactivation of Windows 10 in VirtualBox machine DirectX.png

Need advise to fix 3D acceleration so i can go on. Thank you so much!

PuB_Evo, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Reactivation of Windows 10 in VirtualBox machine - Similar Threads - Reactivation VirtualBox machine

2. Cannot use Insider program in VirtualBox Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot use Insider program in VirtualBox Machine: When one problem gets solved, another problem arises.I just installed Windows 11 after many struggles and now i cannot use the insider programit says that my pc does not have the minimum requirements to run insider programwhat should i do?...
  3. Cannot use Insider program in VirtualBox Machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot use Insider program in VirtualBox Machine: When one problem gets solved, another problem arises.I just installed Windows 11 after many struggles and now i cannot use the insider programit says that my pc does not have the minimum requirements to run insider programwhat should i do?...
  4. Connecting a Windows XP Virtual Machine on VirtualBox to Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting a Windows XP Virtual Machine on VirtualBox to Wi-Fi: Hello. I have a VirtualBox Virtual Machine running on windows XP that cannot connect to the Wi-Fi. How do I connect it so that I can fully enjoy and explore my nostalgic Windows XP Virtual Machine?...
  5. Connecting a Windows XP Virtual Machine on VirtualBox to Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting a Windows XP Virtual Machine on VirtualBox to Wi-Fi: Hello. I have a VirtualBox Virtual Machine running on windows XP that cannot connect to the Wi-Fi. How do I connect it so that I can fully enjoy and explore my nostalgic Windows XP Virtual Machine?...
  6. Reactivating overloaded machine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reactivating overloaded machine: Hi, The m/c is a Lenovo Yoga 310 with 32gb ram [I know!]. I have been helped on here and directed to download Create media software onto another m/c & then load the relevant section to a USB. I managed that but have come up to another problem. The...
  7. Installing Windows10 on VirtualBox virtual machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows10 on VirtualBox virtual machine: Hi, I have created a virtual machine (using VirtualBox) on my Windows 10 Professional 10.0.17134.285 Surface Pro computer and would like to operate Windows 10 on that VM. (The purpose is to run Excel 64 bit within that machine. The physical machine is already running Excel...
  8. Transfer VirtualBox machine to physical machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Transfer VirtualBox machine to physical machine: Hi, I've searched and can't seem to find an answer for this: is it possible to move a virtual machine in Oracle's VirtualBox to a physical machine? Thanks 88840
  9. Windows 10 on VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows 10 on VirtualBox: I have installed my retail copy of Windows 10 on my main desktop. But before I did this I did the upgrade from Windows 8.1 and then converted the install.esd file into an iso. How can I activate this virtualbox copy? I thought it would have accepted the key from Windows...
  10. Install Windows 10 Virtual Machine in VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Install Windows 10 Virtual Machine in VirtualBox: How to: Install Windows 10 Virtual Machine in VirtualBox How to Install Windows 10 as Virtual Machine in VirtualBox VirtualBox is a cross-platform virtualization application. What does that mean? For one thing, it installs on your existing Intel or AMD-based computers,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virtualbox move windows 10 guest activation 2019