Windows 10: Reactivation on new Hardware.

Discus and support Reactivation on new Hardware. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My previous Lenovo Laptop which had OEM Windows 8.1 license, subsequently updated to Windows 10 broken into pieces and not usable. I bought new acer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by kagashe2, Mar 9, 2020.

1. kagashe2 Win User

Reactivation on new Hardware.

My previous Lenovo Laptop which had OEM Windows 8.1 license, subsequently updated to Windows 10 broken into pieces and not usable.

I bought new acer aspire Laptop which had pre installed Endless OS. I had taken out the hard disk of Lenovo Laptop, put into a usb casing and tried to use the Windows 10 but it detected hardware and was asking for re-activation.

Now I have installed Windows 10 on the hard disk of acer aspire and trying to re-activate the same license,

When I run the Troubleshooter I can log-in to my Microsoft account and it shows the Lenovo Laptop.

If I select the Lenovo Laptop and click the Activate button, the activation fails.

Since the Lenovo Laptop is prematurely broken I request Microsoft to allow activation of Windows 10 on the new acer laptop.

Is it possible?

Thank you.

:)

kagashe2, Mar 9, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 9, 2020
  3. windows 10 reactivation after hardware change

I just changed motherboards, and When I follow the the steps listed in the "reactivate windows 10 after hardware change" support page, it gives me the message "unable to activate windows" message after I sign in and identify my device,
    with no error code, just a subheader that says "can't activate windows 10 on this device, try again later."

Primero Holodon, Mar 9, 2020
  4. Reactivation on new Hardware.

Digital license won't reactivate on new hardware (motherboard, cpu ram)

Hello,

I have a digital license of Windows 10 that is linked to my Windows account. I've just replaced my motherboard, cpu and ram and whenever I attempt to reactivate my license the activation troubleshoot says "Unable to activate Windows, We can't reactivate Windows
    on this device, Try again later.

Prior to changing my hardware I double checked my digital license, The activation said "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account"

If I run 'winver' It also lists the produced is licensed to my Microsoft account.

According to this article below, All I should have to do is goto the activation troubleshooter and everything should work.

Article Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

What are my next steps?

Thanks.

JonathanTC92, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

Reactivation on new Hardware.

1. Reactivation on new Hardware. - Similar Threads - Reactivation Hardware

2. Reactivating Windows after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivating Windows after hardware change: Hello, Seeking advice from anyone, particularly Microsoft support. I've just completed a major hardware change. New motherboard, processor and ram. I've never done this before so wasn't sure what to expect. Everything has gone smoothly but I've noticed that I'm getting a pop...
  3. Reactivating Windows after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivating Windows after hardware change: Hello, Seeking advice from anyone, particularly Microsoft support. I've just completed a major hardware change. New motherboard, processor and ram. I've never done this before so wasn't sure what to expect. Everything has gone smoothly but I've noticed that I'm getting a pop...
  4. Reactivating Windows after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My device is not showing up when reactivating windows and selecting "I changed hardware on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My device is not showing up when reactivating windows and selecting "I changed hardware on...: When I select the activation troubleshooter and then "I changed hardware on this device recently" it doesn't list my device only my 2 older ones and after checking the licensing terms I can have up to 5 I have made sure to use the same account that is linked to the license...
  6. My device is not showing up when reactivating windows and selecting "I changed hardware on...

My device is not showing up when reactivating windows and selecting "I changed hardware on...: When I select the activation troubleshooter and then "I changed hardware on this device recently" it doesn't list my device only my 2 older ones and after checking the licensing terms I can have up to 5 I have made sure to use the same account that is linked to the license...
  7. Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after hardware replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after hardware replacement: Following a hardware change required to upgrade to Windows 11, I am being prompted to activate Windows but I'm unable to reactivate it. I raised a support ticket but whenever I try to get through the agents are hanging up! Not helpful at all.I'm given the following error...
  8. Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after hardware replacement

Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after hardware replacement: Following a hardware change required to upgrade to Windows 11, I am being prompted to activate Windows but I'm unable to reactivate it. I raised a support ticket but whenever I try to get through the agents are hanging up! Not helpful at all.I'm given the following error...
  9. Windows 11 New Hardware Reactivation Limit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 New Hardware Reactivation Limit?: I'm thinking about upgrading my RAM in my Windows 11 23H2 machine. I also know that there is typically a limit to the amount of hardware that can be changed before reactivation of Windows is needed. What is the hardware change number limit before triggering Windows...
  10. Windows 11 New Hardware Reactivation Limit?

Windows 11 New Hardware Reactivation Limit?: I'm thinking about upgrading my RAM in my Windows 11 23H2 machine. I also know that there is typically a limit to the amount of hardware that can be changed before reactivation of Windows is needed. What is the hardware change number limit before triggering Windows...