Windows 10: Reactivation windows 10 after a sudden major hardware change(motherboard)

Discus and support Reactivation windows 10 after a sudden major hardware change(motherboard) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a full retail key. My old motherboard suddenly got damaged. I have to replace the motherboard without any preparation for re-activating windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CyberKing23, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Reactivation windows 10 after a sudden major hardware change(motherboard)

I have a full retail key. My old motherboard suddenly got damaged. I have to replace the motherboard without any preparation for re-activating windows 10 in the new PC. How can I reactivate it?

:)

CyberKing23, Dec 1, 2018

2. win 10 motherboard change, reactivating windows

Hi Famie,

If you are planning to change your motherboard, you will still be able to activate your Windows 10. In Windows 10 version 1607, there is a feature that you can link your Microsoft account to Windows 10 digital license on your device.
    This can help you reactivate Windows using the Activation troubleshooter if you make a significant hardware change later, such as replacing the motherboard.

That being said, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article
    to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those are facing the same problem.

Janeane Cru, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Reactivating windows 10 after a major hardware (motherboard) change

Please how can I reactivate windows after a major hardware change if I didn't link my PC to my Microsoft account. Windows 7 was previously activated before it was upgraded to windows 10 and I have the product ID.

Delvis Emeka, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Reactivation windows 10 after a sudden major hardware change(motherboard)

Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

Reactivation windows 10 after a sudden major hardware change(motherboard)

1. Reactivation windows 10 after a sudden major hardware change(motherboard) - Similar Threads - Reactivation sudden major

2. How to reactivate windows 10 after major hardware changes?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to reactivate windows 10 after major hardware changes?: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎06-‎2020 OS build 19045.3448 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19044.1000.0 Hi, above info is of my OS which is installed on my desktop. My cpu is i5 4670k which is not supported by windows 11 so i cant...
  3. How to reactivate windows 10 after major hardware changes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reactivate windows 10 after major hardware changes?: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎06-‎2020 OS build 19045.3448 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19044.1000.0 Hi, above info is of my OS which is installed on my desktop. My cpu is i5 4670k which is not supported by windows 11 so i cant...
  4. How to reactivate windows 10 after major hardware changes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reactivating Windows 10 After Changing Motherboards

Reactivating Windows 10 After Changing Motherboards: Several years ago I purchased a Windows 7 Ultimate Key that I no longer have. A year or so ago I upgraded this computer to Windows 10. I recently purchased a new motherboard. Before I went to install and swap my hardware over I was worried about not having the key anymore, so...
  6. Reactivating Windows (digital license) after major hardware change

Reactivating Windows (digital license) after major hardware change: Will I be able to reactivate Windows 10 (that I got through upgrading Win 8) if I change most of my laptop hardware - motherboard, CPU, etc (I had liquid damage). Essentially I'd change out most of my hardware through a used donor laptop of same model. I had connected my...
  7. Reactivating Windows 10 After Motherboard Change

Reactivating Windows 10 After Motherboard Change: Hello, So last night I replaced the motherboard and CPU in my computer and I made sure to watch many videos on reactivating Windows 10 on your PC after a motherboard change. So, after watching those videos I linked my Microsoft account to my product key. I was really tired...
  8. Reactivating Windows 10 after major hardware change(motherboard)

Reactivating Windows 10 after major hardware change(motherboard): Will I have any issues reactivating Windows10 since it came pre-installed by the OEM(cyberpowerpc), and Windows will view the new motherboard as a different PC? I'm running the latest 1809 version of Windows, and my digital license is linked to my Microsoft account. According...
  9. Unable to reactivate windows 10 after major hardware change.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to reactivate windows 10 after major hardware change.: Got a new motherboard and processor Friday and went to reactivate windows but it's not working. At the windows activation screen I receive error code 0x803F7001 which means I don't have a valid product key. I don't have a physical product key because I bought it digitally and...
  10. Reactivating Windows 10 after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reactivating Windows 10 after motherboard change: I had a working computer with a fully paid Windows 10 Pro installed and it worked fine until the motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard only and windows started up immediately. I was then informed that the existing windows 10 had to be activated again. I do not know how...