Windows 10: Reactivation Windows 10 Pro issue

Discus and support Reactivation Windows 10 Pro issue in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have changed my hardware recently and found that I can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro. In Reactivate Windows section, I can't find my current device in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Roxas1203, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Roxas1203 Win User

Reactivation Windows 10 Pro issue

I have changed my hardware recently and found that I can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro. In Reactivate Windows section, I can't find my current device in the list, only my old motherboards appeared ( MSI and Gigabyte ). My old hardware are I7-4790 + MSI H81M Mobo + 8GB DDR3 Ram and I upgraded to I5-9400F + My new Asrock MOBO B350 or 450 something (Can't remember) + 16 GB DDR4 Ram. There is no my current MOBO in the reactivate section, only the old one appeared (MSI H81M Mobo). Pls someone help me.

Also note that I have signed in with my microsoft account that links with Windows 10 pro licence but it only shows the old mobo in the reactivate list.

:)

Roxas1203, Jul 23, 2019

2. Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

I have searched this topic and everything seems to be almost a year old. This is a homebuilt machine circa 2015. It started with an ASUS FM2+ motherboard with an AMD A5600K processor. It was Windows 7 Pro, upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro then to Windows 10 Pro.
    Saturday the motherboard died. An exact replacement could not be located so a Gigabyte card was installed. No changes to the hard drives. Booted the machine and Windows automatically started and then did a "revert" then installed the latest updates. C Drive was in the red so I deleted all of the old install files using Windows Clean-up. Went to reactivate, checked the significant hardware change and entered my MS account information - The computer (none of my computers) were listed and now it is telling me that I have to spend $200 to buy a copy of Windows 10 Pro.
    Have not yet called Customer Support as the computer is at home and I work during the day -
    I do have a disk image or two that may be a year old -

Suggestions - should I just shell out the $200 and move on

TIA

Mickey53usa, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 23, 2019
  4. cereberus Win User

Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

Activate using windows 7 pro key.

cereberus, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Reactivation Windows 10 Pro issue - Similar Threads - Reactivation Pro issue

2. reactivation on widows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    reactivation on widows 10 pro: I had an activated Microsoft account (windows 10 pro) on one laptop but the hard disk got damaged so I used my account to sign in on a different laptop, the laptop was already activated on windows 10 pro as well but no one had signed in yet. how will this affect my account...
  3. Reactivation of windows 10 Pro

Reactivation of windows 10 Pro: q : how can I Reactivation of windows 10 Pro-error code (0x803fa06 7) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reactivation-of-windows-10-pro/7b6a352d-dcc1-42bf-96cf-0f4fc31df87e"
  4. I can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro

I can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro: I have Windows 10 Pro, and the product key for it. I was not with an organisation. Due to some problems I had with a piece software, I had to do a clear my HDD. When I reinstalled everything, Windows 10 is now asking me for activation. I enter the product key, and now my...
  5. Windows 10 reactivation issue

Windows 10 reactivation issue: Hi. I recently upgrade hardware in my pc (Including Motherboard) and had to reinstall windows. My windows 10 pro copy was linked to my Microsoft account. When I followed the steps on Microsoft official website and used the troubleshoot tool, I come at the part where I have...
  6. Can't reactivate windows 10 pro

Can't reactivate windows 10 pro: My motherboard died this weak, I got a new one but now windows is telling me to activate, I thought the licenses were linked to the account, I got my license from the windows 7 to windows 10 update, what should I do? Everytime I try using the troubleshoot option it tells me...
  7. Reactivation of Windows 10 Pro (Store Purchase)

Reactivation of Windows 10 Pro (Store Purchase): I have a Dell XPS 13 (2018) that came with Windows Home. I purchased Windows 10 Pro on Store, and I had it activated correctly - everything went smooth. When the November 2018 Windows Activation issue (global incident) happened, I lost my activation status - I've been...
  8. windows reactivation issue

windows reactivation issue: Im having this issue with my activation. i recently upgraded my hardware which deactivated my windows. i had linked my windows key to my Microsoft a so i could just reactivate my windows with out any issue but i keep having the same problem every time i try to reactive. After...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Reactivation on Daily Basis

Windows 10 Pro Reactivation on Daily Basis: I have a problem with my PC requiring reactivation on a daily basis. The activation error is 0xC004F050 which suggests that I have changed the motherboard but that is not the case. I can reactivate the Windows 10 Pro account with the Troubleshooter or by re-entering the...
  10. reactivation of Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reactivation of Windows 10 Pro: Hi. Windows is telling me that I need to reactivate. On the Activation page in Settings, it says "Windows is activated using your organization's activation service". I have absolutely no idea what this means. I bought this pc second-hand, with Win 10 Pro already installed,...