Windows 10: Reactivation: Windows thinks its a different PC

Discus and support Reactivation: Windows thinks its a different PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Issue: Windows 10 Activation Details: Same PC. No hardware change.[ATTACH] Listed exactly same hardware detail in MS Account.[ATTACH] Originally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NeverAlone11, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Reactivation: Windows thinks its a different PC

Issue: Windows 10 Activation

Details:

1. Same PC.
    2. No hardware change. Reactivation: Windows thinks its a different PC 4c9e544e-17e4-43e6-ab99-0d501b922511?upload=true.png
    3. Listed exactly same hardware detail in MS Account. Reactivation: Windows thinks its a different PC f461195c-73e3-4a9a-8d18-5d8977353844?upload=true.png
    4. Originally activated via MS Account login.
      1. Built this pc from scratch.
      2. Installed Win 10 Pro without inputting any product key.
      3. Logged in MS Account.
      4. It gave option to use Win 10 Pro linked to my account.
      5. Used Win 10 Pro.
      6. Activated.

5. Did windows reset/reinstall.

6. Windows wont reactivate.
      1. Reinstalled Win 10 pro without product key.
      2. Logged in same MS Account.
      3. Windows detects it should be a Win 10 Home (running and activated on another PC.) Reactivation: Windows thinks its a different PC c921aadf-8fc6-4a20-bdf6-ac0942469313?upload=true.png
        1. This PC is not the Win 10 Home PC linked to my MS Account. Reactivation: Windows thinks its a different PC e39eec4a-de48-40e3-91b0-a76a7dbf2326?upload=true.png
        2. That Win 10 Home, is an old dual core pc running on an ECS motherboard. Reactivation: Windows thinks its a different PC 0c6e3920-36fa-4b5a-99f2-b4fc961d40c1?upload=true.png
      4. Support already escalated, they said having it linked in my MS Account doesn't gurantee I have the digital license.
      5. Support tried changing product key, didn't work.
      6. Support tried asking me to simply use Win 10 Home, that means fuck me and forget about the Win 10 Pro linked to my account.
      7. Support asked me to do windows updates and get back to them, no call back, I lost ticket number.
      8. Contacting chat support they basically tell me they cant activate and wont even check the tickets linked to my account to get back on track from escalation.
    7. Contacted chat support just now, 3 people.
      1. 1 simply said he cant help and basically wanted to do all steps again, was telling him was done but he replied once every 10 minutes, disconnected him.
      2. 2nd person tried to troubleshoot did all steps again, then basically told me, sir why are you trying to activate Win 10 Pro on this machine, Windows says it should be Home, wtf, that's the issue, idiot didn't bother understanding issue at all and basically told me my issue is what I told her my issue is.

:)

NeverAlone11, Nov 20, 2018

2. SLI with different cards

Here is what is did
    step 1:
    Reactivation: Windows thinks its a different PC 1516036961984-png.png

step 2:
    Reactivation: Windows thinks its a different PC 1516036994068-png.png

:/ i dont get this doe ?

okay ive done the same thing as you but i cant put the file back into the folder

• Copy nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4\ to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and replace the existing one.
    that thing

gamingturkey1, Nov 20, 2018
  3. I can't reactivate Windows from a different PC.

I was going to reactivate using the Activation troubleshooter, but at the step where you choose your PC mine didn't show up, I didn't link a license to my account, is there still a way I can activate windows now or a way for Microsoft to identify the licenses
    from the other PCs and link them to my account, after knowing that the other computers linked to my account were OEM and that they come with Windows 10?

snakeguy229, Nov 20, 2018
  4. Reactivation: Windows thinks its a different PC

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

Reactivation: Windows thinks its a different PC

1. Reactivation: Windows thinks its a different PC - Similar Threads - Reactivation thinks different

2. HP desktop thinks its an Acer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP desktop thinks its an Acer.: Hello, a few days ago I had to download an alternate version of Windows from my Acer laptop to fix my HP desktop, but now it thinks it is an Acer, and I cannot use Windows Security. Is there any way to revert my desktop back to an original HP device?I've already tried to...
  3. Computer thinks its offline

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer thinks its offline: My PC is convinced it’s offline. When I try and use any browser it says this page cannot be reached with the error message ERR_CONNECTION_ RESET or ERR_CONNECTION_ABORTED. Also, I have tried playing minecraft and I can’t login because it says “Sorry! Make sure you are online...
  4. I think its a virus

I think its a virus: So basically my pc just started putting up pop ups of if i wanted to let some apps make modifications to my pc and i canceled all those and as i was listening to my music it just started saying it could'nt play any of the songs and as they did so i went and checked in my...
  5. I think its fake

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I think its fake: Recieved an email that said Invoice for 399.99 for a year subscription. Email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** And if you don't want it to call within 48 hrs. to cancel Call 870 558 5544 will delete email and not call...
  6. Bug with windows thinking the right arrow thinking its being held

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bug with windows thinking the right arrow thinking its being held: On the current build of windows update I ran into an issue where pc thinks im holding the right arrow down, except my hand is not on the keyboard and it continues even when I unplugged my keyboard. And its not just that my mouse also thinks I was holding the right click...
  7. Windows thinks same size monitors are different?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows thinks same size monitors are different?: So I just got a 1440p monitor to compliment the 4k monitor I got when I built my PC. They both are 27” but obviously are different resolutions. When I go to arrange my screens, the 1440p monitor shows as smaller than the 4k monitor, despite them being the same size. Any idea...
  8. Cannot reactivate W10 on a different PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot reactivate W10 on a different PC: Hi, I'm having issues reactivating my W10 license after building my new PC. The situation is: I had W10 Pro on my original desktop, let's call it desktop1. It's a digital license attached to my windows account, according to slmgr /dlv it's a RETAIL license, which as far...
  9. My laptop thinks its storage is full but its not

My laptop thinks its storage is full but its not: Hi, I have an Acer Swift Laptop (Model Name: SF315-51G) I have been struggling with the storage management on it for sometime now and am constantly confused. My laptop has 2 storage locations and it tells me its full because the 'This PC (C:) 119- GB' is completely full...
  10. Windows thinks I'm in an entirely different continent?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows thinks I'm in an entirely different continent?: So I first noticed this problem when my automatic time zone for some reason jumped ahead to Central European Time when I'm actually in US Eastern Time. Opening up the Maps and Weather apps pinpoints my location to a city in the Netherlands when I've literally never stepped...