Windows 10: reactivationafter hardware change

Discus and support reactivationafter hardware change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I just upgraded my motherboard and cpu, I did all the steps the site said to do before upgrading, but it still wont activate after I did the change.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by williamhowe3, Jan 20, 2020.

1. reactivationafter hardware change

Hi I just upgraded my motherboard and cpu, I did all the steps the site said to do before upgrading, but it still wont activate after I did the change. I just have a digital license and someone at the Microsoft helpdesk said that the digital license is only good for the original motherboard. Is this true? do I have to buy a product key now? Thanks for the help

:)

williamhowe3, Jan 20, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to activate Windows after hardware change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually the error code 0xC004F213 comes when there is a hardware change done on the computer (like Motherboard or Hard drive). The Windows license is associated with the device hardware. If there is any significant hardware changes, such as replacing
    motherboard or hard drive, Windows won’t be able to recognize the license.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
    and see if Windows gets activated.

If you are using an OEM computer that came with Windows 7, and the motherboard has not been changed, then you can follow the steps to retrieve the product key that came with your OEM computer. To retrieve the product key follow the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar, that is on the taskbar.
    2. Right click on Command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the command and press on Enter: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    4. You will find the product key.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 20, 2020
  4. reactivationafter hardware change

Standard Hardware Security not supported

Hi Paul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to run hardware troubleshooter and let us know if that helps.

Type "Troubleshooting" in the
    Windows Search bar and press Enter.

1. Click on "View All" in the top left corner.
    2. This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

Also I would suggest to check if there are any update pending with regard to drivers and to do so, please follow steps mentioned below.

1. Search for Device Manager in
      Windows
      search bar.
    2. Click on Device Manager.
    3. Check if there Yellow Exclamation Point in the list of drivers.

Make sure Windows is up to date.

Hope it helps.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

reactivationafter hardware change

1. reactivationafter hardware change - Similar Threads - reactivationafter hardware change

2. Changing hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing hardware: Hello.I want to change MB + CPU + RAM, can I keep my Windows 11 license?Thanks!Best regards,Serg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-hardware/ee7acc56-4022-4e2c-a6f8-a4ec3b61542b
  3. Changing hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing hardware: Hello.I want to change MB + CPU + RAM, can I keep my Windows 11 license?Thanks!Best regards,Serg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-hardware/ee7acc56-4022-4e2c-a6f8-a4ec3b61542b
  4. Hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hardware change: I changed my motherboard and CPU and now I don't have windows activated, i contacted someone and they were no help at all please help me fix this issue i keep getting an error code 0x8007232B...
  5. Hardware change that's not a change

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hardware change that's not a change: Hi. 5 or 6 months ago I bought another computer, much more powerful, and I thought everything will be OK, no more lags, no more trouble. But it isn't the case. Even from the beginning, when I open it, there's a notice appearing on my desktop about some hardware changes that...
  6. Hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hardware change: I had some problems with my hardware so i changed it. After i did that the person who changed my hardware installed a cracked version of microsoft 10. My question is How can i reinstall the original Microsoft 10 I have the original product Key and CD that i installed with the...
  7. Hardware Change

Hardware Change: I recently swapped out my hardware, and now it says I have to activate windows.... I went to the activation thing in the settings and hit hardware change and it came up with this "Unable to activate Windows. We can't reactivate windows as our servers aren't available right...
  8. Hardware change

Hardware change: If I were to upgrade my motherboard, would I have to reinstall windows 10 to reactivate it, or would it just boot up from the hdd I have it installed on now and troubleshoot it sign into my Microsoft account to reactivate it?...
  9. Hardware change.

Hardware change.: I am about to upgrade my pc hardware. I plan to change almost everything besides my HDD with my OS and files (mainly steam client and game downloads). I am aware there is pretty much no way, or easy way at least to do this swap from what I've read. So despite that, I am here...
  10. Hardware change

Hardware change: I just changed my motherboard, and now I cannot activate windows. I have already tried the troubleshooting and windows suggested methods. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hardware-change/8e8e8fbd-b9a9-4945-bd2f-ead22ce2316b"