Windows 10: Reactiviating Windows after Hardware Changes

Discus and support Reactiviating Windows after Hardware Changes in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I've recently upgraded my Motherbard, CPU and RAm and I've using the troubleshooting steps to reactivate Windows 10 Pro N - Yes, I've signed in on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GGMattt, Jun 30, 2019.

1. GGMattt Win User

Reactiviating Windows after Hardware Changes

Hi, I've recently upgraded my Motherbard, CPU and RAm and I've using the troubleshooting steps to reactivate Windows 10 Pro N - Yes, I've signed in on the correct account that has my Digital License linked to it and it's not letting me do anything. I've wiped both drives and done a fresh OS install too, everything is up to date including Windows and all components.

It used to let me actually select my account tha my DL was linked to but still wouldn't let me activate, now when I try to use the troubleshooter, it won't even let me get to the stage of selecting my logged in MS account, it just gives me this error after running the Trounleshooter and clicking 'I've recently changed hardware':

Reactiviating Windows after Hardware Changes caae5c79-2aff-4856-8fc6-153737f40b73?upload=true.jpg

I'm not buying a new W10 for £219 because this isn't my problem to fix. I've been on W10 since the day it came out and upgraded digitally from W7 Pro.

Here are two more images, one of error code and one of each of my accounts - old hardware with digital license and new hardware I can't activate.

Reactiviating Windows after Hardware Changes dca08f5a-c797-41ff-9d37-eee853cf7a76?upload=true.jpg

OLD HARDWARE ACCOUNT:

Reactiviating Windows after Hardware Changes 5c24e569-5a92-46d2-9cae-65597c86fef0?upload=true.jpg

NEW HARDWARE ACCOUNT:

Reactiviating Windows after Hardware Changes fad5fa96-ac57-4a41-bdc6-b5ccf5c846a1?upload=true.jpg

:)

GGMattt, Jun 30, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to activate Windows after hardware change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually the error code 0xC004F213 comes when there is a hardware change done on the computer (like Motherboard or Hard drive). The Windows license is associated with the device hardware. If there is any significant hardware changes, such as replacing
    motherboard or hard drive, Windows won’t be able to recognize the license.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
    and see if Windows gets activated.

If you are using an OEM computer that came with Windows 7, and the motherboard has not been changed, then you can follow the steps to retrieve the product key that came with your OEM computer. To retrieve the product key follow the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar, that is on the taskbar.
    2. Right click on Command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the command and press on Enter: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    4. You will find the product key.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Reactiviating Windows after Hardware Changes

Reactiviating windows after a hardware change

Hello I recently replace my motherboard and processor, before doing so I linked my windows 10 to my Microsoft account. When I turned the computer on it wouldn't let me access windows because it needed an internet connection and I couldn't get the driver
    for my new motherboard until I had access to windows so I had to do a fresh install. In the activation settings when i click troubleshoot > I changed hardware it lets me select my old hardware then brings me to a screen that says unable to activate windows.
    I tried going through the web support and wasn't able to fix it that way and when I try to call the number it gives me it doesn't work. My copy of windows 10 was an upgraded windows 8. Do I have any other options or do I just have to buy a new copy of windows?

nathanweeres, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

Reactiviating Windows after Hardware Changes

1. Reactiviating Windows after Hardware Changes - Similar Threads - Reactiviating Hardware Changes

2. Reactivating windows after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivating windows after hardware change: I've been having issues reactivating windows after mobo and cpu change i've tried the troubleshoot method and it gives me this error. Any fix to this? I bought windows 10 a long time ago[ATTACH]...
  3. No windows after hardware change

No windows after hardware change: Hi, I recently upgraded my system's motherboard, cpu, gpu, ram and psu, anyways I don't have windows anymore. I checked my settings and can confirm that I had a retail windows 10 pro version, I tried the re-activation process, but it doesn't work, I'm a student and need my...
  4. Reactiviating windows after a hardware change

Reactiviating windows after a hardware change: Hello I recently replace my motherboard and processor, before doing so I linked my windows 10 to my Microsoft account. When I turned the computer on it wouldn't let me access windows because it needed an internet connection and I couldn't get the driver for my new...
  5. Windows activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows activation after hardware change: I recently replaced my old motherboard with a new one, not knowing i had to link my windows 10 license with my Microsoft account. I am unable to get it back, and have tried a spare key i have, but always get an error when trying to activate it - 0x80041023....
  6. Windows activation after hardware change.

Windows activation after hardware change.: Hi, so I am trying to activate windows after a hardware exchange. I acquired windows 10 with the free update few years back but now it wants a product key from me. I tried the troubleshoot button and it just says that I should be connected to the internet which I am. How do...
  7. windows not activating after hardware change

windows not activating after hardware change: Hello Internet! My name is Andrew Covington. I am a gamer that has recently gotten into the pc building world. I have a lot of experience with technology, and consider myself to be a pretty knowledgeable person in that area. Recently, I purchased a new motherboard, CPU,...
  8. windows reactivation after hardware change

windows reactivation after hardware change: I changed my hardware and then opened the windows activation troubleshooter and then choosed I recently changed the hardware of this device and then it asked me to login with my microsoft windows linked account and I did it but then it said ''unable to activate Windows'' We...
  9. Reactivation of windows after hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reactivation of windows after hardware change: Hey, I know there are alot of these kinds of posts but none have the solution for my problem. I recently changed my motherboard and cpu and now my paid full retail version of windows 10 pro doesnt allow me to reactivate it on the same machine, I have gone through the...
  10. Windows 10 After Hardware Changes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 After Hardware Changes: Hi, I have Windows 10 Single Language (upgraded from Windows 8.1 SL OEM) 64bit and I'm planning to make a hardware change (CPU. mainboard, GPU, case, PSU, etc.). From what I read, if I change the CPU and/or mainboard, Windows needs to be activated again. Is this true? So I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change motherbard and cpu windows 10