Windows 10: Read a file in a bat file

Discus and support Read a file in a bat file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have to read a file thru a bat file and get the date in the file. Once I get the date, I need it to be passed to be appended to another file. 160503 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GUPPY, Jul 12, 2020.

1. GUPPY Win User

Read a file in a bat file

I have to read a file thru a bat file and get the date in the file.
    Once I get the date, I need it to be passed to be appended to another file.

:)

GUPPY, Jul 12, 2020

2. BAT file/Script to find and replace files

Hey all....

Can someone help me make the BAT script in the 2nd post above to be able to use MORE than "1" file?
    As it currently is, you can only replace one particular file.

For example, I want in the command line to be able to write two files or more, and the script will find and replace all those 2 or more named files.
    Thanks much.

P.S.... Is there a GUI that does file searching and replacing?
    I've spent hours searching on the net, and the only thing I can find are "text" search/replace and this BAT command, not actual "file" replacing. I find this amazing. *Frown Read a file in a bat file :(

leeuniverse, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Lucasonas Win User
    BAT file/Script to find and replace files

Greetings, streetfighter 2.

I'll give your BAT a try. Thanks so much.

Greetings, FordGT90Concept!

Question:

"So you have a directory containing both random named ZIP files and consistently named TXT files and you want to apply the TXT file naming patern to the ZIP files where the 5-digit numbers match?"

Answer: Yes

Question:

Are there sub-directories?

Answer: No

Question:

"Are all the ZIP file names in that pattern (#####_Example_720p.zip) and all the TXT files in that pattern (RAT_Example_#####_24f_ONO.txt)?"

Answer: Yes

Sorry about the terse replies, but your right: "Never assume."

Greetings, Streetfighter 2

I'll give your BAT a try. Thanks alot!

Lucasonas, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Lucasonas Win User

BAT file/Script to find and replace files

Hi, innovative thinkers! I am looking for a BAT file or script that takes random named zips, consisting of 5 random numerals in the name, and renames the zips identical to different .txt files with that same 5 numeral in the same folder.

Here is an example of what I mean:

BEFORE BAT

C:\Documents

45678_Example_720p.zip
    34284_Example_720p.zip
    67483_Example_720p.zip

RAT_Example_45678_24f_ONO.txt
    RAT_Example_34284_24f_ONO.txt
    RAT_Example_67483_24f_ONO.txt

AFTER BAT

C:\Documents

RAT_Example_45678_24f_ONO.zip
    RAT_Example_34284_24f_ONO.zip
    RAT_Example_67483_24f_ONO.zip

RAT_Example_45678_24f_ONO.txt
    RAT_Example_34284_24f_ONO.txt
    RAT_Example_67483_24f_ONO.txt

I would like the BAT to take only those matching 5 numerals as a reference.

Thanks

*Oh Well Read a file in a bat file :eek:hwell:

Lucasonas, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Read a file in a bat file - Similar Threads - Read file bat

2. Bat file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bat file: I have a bat fileI am improving it bit by bit till I have reached But not i have added a warning to it before a commandI now want to make that line font size Bigger than the others How can I do that ??So here is the Batch file content@ECHO OFF echo...
  3. Bat file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bat file: I have a bat fileI am improving it bit by bit till I have reached But not i have added a warning to it before a commandI now want to make that line font size Bigger than the others How can I do that ??So here is the Batch file content@ECHO OFF echo...
  4. Undoing a bat file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Undoing a bat file: Hey everyone, so i decided to run a random bat file from the internet to lower my ping in games, BIG MISTAKE long story short, the ping in the games got ALOT worse. is there any way to undo the effects of the bat file?the bat file link :...
  5. .bat files

.bat files: So i am trying to make a minecraft server and need to open a .bat file but i keep getting a error saying "This app can not run on this pc" But it worked a month ago i need a solution please....
  6. Bat file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bat file: Good morning/evening/night, I wanted to create a batch file or an exe that can change options inside the gui of an application (the application is cisco webex) (if you are familliar with webex i want to change the audio or turn it to music mode witha batch file) but i am...
  7. *.bat -files not starting!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    *.bat -files not starting!: I have a friend that wants to host a Minecraft server for a few friends, and we put "java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar server.jar nogui" in "Start.bat" in a folder, but nothing happens when we start the file server.jar is also in that folder! He has Java installed and Windows 10...
  8. renaming Bat file

renaming Bat file: Dear all, I need to complete my script .bat file to rename the Res_.pdf to Res_"Folder name". Note: this code is copied from another site its working already but with the following sequence; Res_.pdf to _Res_.pdf Thanks. for /r "PATH" %%G in . do pushd %%G for %%*...
  9. .bat file

in Windows 10 Customization
    .bat file: I have .bat file it is not working in my new PC when I double click on it. but it was working in my old PC. could your please support how to associate .bat file in windows 10? Kindly looking for your support and reply in this regards. Thanks.....
  10. .bat files changed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    .bat files changed?: Greetings. Regarding Windows 10. I have a .bat file that I've used for... well, since forever. It rarely changes and it hasn't changed in months. Despite running quite fine in its current incarnation for some months now it's quite recently it's began throwing the error:...