Windows 10: Read a suggestion to use Classic shell with 10 but no need

Discus and support Read a suggestion to use Classic shell with 10 but no need in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I read a post to use classic shell, First off: with an Alpha/Beta I do not like to use OS add ons 3rd party because this is not a great way to test a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DRFP, Oct 11, 2014.

1. DRFP Win User

Read a suggestion to use Classic shell with 10 but no need

I read a post to use classic shell,
    First off: with an Alpha/Beta I do not like to use OS add ons 3rd party because this is not a great way to test a new OS, and it can cause unpredictable behavior that may not be the new OS but the add on that is not ready for the new OS.

Second: You do not need Classic shell in any way all the functions are now in 10 with a little tweaking See my Pics and I will add more as we discuss:

Read a suggestion to use Classic shell with 10 but no need [​IMG]

:)

2. skip3119 Win User

Classic shell needs to configure itself for the new OS.

I have a computer running windows 10 (upgraded from Win 8.1), and I installed the "classic shell". It was fine earlier.

Now every time when I power up the computer, I see this message:

"Classic shell needs to configure itself for the new OS".

What to do?

How to avoid seeing the above message, or how to remove the "Classic Shell".

skip3119, Oct 11, 2014
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Classic Shell

One of my user accounts also uses Classic Shell, and it's never been uninstalled by a Windows 10 update. Install it again from the Classic Shell website.

BulldogXX, Oct 11, 2014
Thema:

Read a suggestion to use Classic shell with 10 but no need

1. Read a suggestion to use Classic shell with 10 but no need - Similar Threads - Read suggestion Classic

2. Classic shell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Classic shell: Sorry if this has already been answered. I just got a Windows update, and now I lost my classic shell, and I really need it. I guess the update got rid of it. When I click on the start button, it just flashes. I have a new laptop and use Edge. Any help would be appreciated....
  3. Classic shell

in Windows 10 Support
    Classic shell: Sorry if this has already been answered. I just got a Windows update, and now I lost my classic shell, and I really need it. I guess the update got rid of it. When I click on the start button, it just flashes. I have a new laptop and use Edge. Any help would be appreciated....
  4. classic shell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    classic shell: what is the purpose of classic shell ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/classic-shell/65de2760-eb0a-4c92-9b25-76aadb23625d
  5. Classic Shell to Classic Start

Classic Shell to Classic Start: I've used Classic Shell since I upgraded to Windows 10. It has been a lifesaver. The developer stopped supporting the program a couple of years age, but someone picked up on it and developed a fork called "Classic Start". Classic Shell is still working fine for me, but is...
  6. classic shell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    classic shell: 1.classic shell needs to configure itself 2. an administrator has blocked you from running this ap. I have an HP notebook and keep getting the above messages every time I use my laptop and I would like to continue to use classic shell, and have tried unsuccessfully to sort...
  7. Windows 10 Classic Shell

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Classic Shell: Having recently upgraded from 7 Pro to 10 - I really missed the 7 Start menu! Downloaded the Classic Shell add-on program only 9.8mb. Suits me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-classic-shell/5fa14830-8000-4ab8-b4c8-6fbc5407f262
  8. Issues after using Classic shell

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues after using Classic shell: I am new to windows 10 and wanted to bring back the old windows 7 start menu. I tried "classic shell" and all was great.... but then I noticed a few graphic issues. If you look at the attachments you will see that selected items have some grayed out area around the text. The...
  9. Is anybody using Classic Shell ?

Is anybody using Classic Shell ?: Was classic shell retained when upgrading to 16299 ? ( 16299 is also called the FALL upgrade.) 95875
  10. classic shell

classic shell: Well it doesn't work on W10 9975