Windows 10: Read a suggestion to use Classic shell with 10 but no need

Discus and support Read a suggestion to use Classic shell with 10 but no need in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I read a post to use classic shell, First off: with an Alpha/Beta I do not like to use OS add ons 3rd party because this is not a great way to test a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DRFP, Oct 11, 2014.

1. DRFP Win User

Read a suggestion to use Classic shell with 10 but no need

I read a post to use classic shell,
    First off: with an Alpha/Beta I do not like to use OS add ons 3rd party because this is not a great way to test a new OS, and it can cause unpredictable behavior that may not be the new OS but the add on that is not ready for the new OS.

Second: You do not need Classic shell in any way all the functions are now in 10 with a little tweaking See my Pics and I will add more as we discuss:

Read a suggestion to use Classic shell with 10 but no need [​IMG]

:)

2. skip3119 Win User

Classic shell needs to configure itself for the new OS.

I have a computer running windows 10 (upgraded from Win 8.1), and I installed the "classic shell". It was fine earlier.

Now every time when I power up the computer, I see this message:

"Classic shell needs to configure itself for the new OS".

What to do?

How to avoid seeing the above message, or how to remove the "Classic Shell".

skip3119, Oct 11, 2014
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Classic Shell

One of my user accounts also uses Classic Shell, and it's never been uninstalled by a Windows 10 update. Install it again from the Classic Shell website.

BulldogXX, Oct 11, 2014
Thema:

Read a suggestion to use Classic shell with 10 but no need

1. Read a suggestion to use Classic shell with 10 but no need - Similar Threads - Read suggestion Classic

2. Classic Shell on Windows 10 pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Classic Shell on Windows 10 pc: I need to help my mum every now and again with technical issues on her Windows 10 pc, but live a long distance away. I have installed TeamViewer 13 for this purpose. I'm a newbie with Windows 10 since changing my own pc recently, and have installed Classic Shell. I wanted to...
  3. Do I have to use "Classic Shell" to get the "Classic View"?

Do I have to use "Classic Shell" to get the "Classic View"?: First time 10 user here and want to switch to the classic start menu view. I was under the impression that 10 added this option back and one could switch over to it? Or do I have to download a 3rd party app that will allow me to make these changes? Thanks in advance!...
  4. Classic Shell in 11082

Classic Shell in 11082: Using Classic Shell 4.2.5 and Window 11082 and I can no longer open the native Windows start menu from Classic Shell. When I click on Start Menu (Windows) nothing happens. Anyone else seeing this behavior in 11082? 35658
  5. Help with Classic Shell.

Help with Classic Shell.: Hi guys, I've been using Classic Shell for a long time now, I believe several months if not the whole year. Yesterday, I got a major update for my system. Since then (Build 10586) there is one feature of CS that has been not working very well (I guess) and I cannot find...
  6. Will Classic Shell work on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will Classic Shell work on Windows 10: I would like to use Classic Shell with Windows 10. A search of the web found an article entitled something like "Microsoft Blocks Classic Shell" and I didn't understand all of it.. What is the experience with using Classic Shell with Windows 10? Thank you. 47676
  7. Is anybody using Classic Shell ?

Is anybody using Classic Shell ?: Was classic shell retained when upgrading to 16299 ? ( 16299 is also called the FALL upgrade.) 95875
  8. classic shell

classic shell: Well it doesn't work on W10 9975
  9. Latest Classic Shell for Windows 10

Latest Classic Shell for Windows 10: Ver.4.20 Classic Shell 3262
  10. Get to admin GUI while using Classic Shell

in Windows 10 Support
    Get to admin GUI while using Classic Shell: I am going crazy trying to get to an admin level graphical user interface so I can change the "power" settings in Windows 10 in order to turn off fast boot. I am running Classic Shell menu system, and it doesn't recognize right-click to get to an admin level. (It does on...