Windows 10: Read Aloud

Discus and support Read Aloud in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I couldn't use the read aloud feature for pdfs I have already in my system. It is frustrating 'cause that's the most important feature I use in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Debbiekels, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Read Aloud

Hi,

I couldn't use the read aloud feature for pdfs I have already in my system. It is frustrating 'cause that's the most important feature I use in Microsoft Edge and this new version is not letting me use it. Please, help.

:)

Debbiekels, Jul 5, 2020
  2. Martmcd Win User

Read aloud not recognizing

i have just tried read aloud in the beta version of Edge (due for release in January 2020) to read this thread.

it seems to pronounce 'different' and 'specific' correctly (although read aloud is pronounced red aloud)

if you want to try it before launch, you can join the Edge insider program.

Of course there are risks with running beta software and Microsoft ask that you send feedback about any issues (or suggestions) that you have.

Microsoft Edge Insider

Martmcd, Jul 5, 2020
  3. tbvnz Win User
    Text read aloud

My suggestion deals with having text read aloud. I love this feature but the way in which I'm asked if the text should be read aloud sometimes appears to be rude while in the presence of colleagues or relatives. I do not want them to think I'm rudely ignoring
    someone when actually I just want the text contents to be private and not read aloud. The phone should simply ask if I want the text to be read aloud and I respond with a simple yes or no. Not "ignore". This gives the impression that I deem the senders text
    "unimportant".

tbvnz, Jul 5, 2020
  4. Martmcd Win User

Read Aloud

Read aloud not recognizing

Hi chouchouxG

i suggest you use the feedback hub (winkey+F) to let the development team know about this issue, hopefully they will fix it quickly.

in the meantime, when read aloud is on, click the person icon on the read aloud toolbar to adjust the voice and/or the speed to see if that makes a difference.

Martmcd, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

Read Aloud

1. Read Aloud - Similar Threads - Read Aloud

2. Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing: The Copilot that sits on my Windows 10 taskbar has a very natural sounding female English voice with a Xhosa or perhaps Zulu South African English accent. I do not like it. I have tried changing Edge browser's voice, as well as Windows' text to voice settings.This is clearly...
  3. Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing: The Copilot that sits on my Windows 10 taskbar has a very natural sounding female English voice with a Xhosa or perhaps Zulu South African English accent. I do not like it. I have tried changing Edge browser's voice, as well as Windows' text to voice settings.This is clearly...
  4. Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do you get custom voices on read aloud?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you get custom voices on read aloud?: I want a custom voice of my oc to read to me lolSeriously, though, jokes aside, how do you get a custom voice on Read Aloud? I haven't found anything else answering my question, and I need help....
  6. How do you get custom voices on read aloud?

How do you get custom voices on read aloud?: I want a custom voice of my oc to read to me lolSeriously, though, jokes aside, how do you get a custom voice on Read Aloud? I haven't found anything else answering my question, and I need help....
  7. Problem With Auto Read Aloud In Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem With Auto Read Aloud In Windows 11: Hello Everyone, I recently received a problem with the Auto Read feature in Windows 22H2 most recent build OS Build 22621.2361. Every time I try to use the feature it starts to read some nonsense at the bottom of the screen on the web It says " Continue Reading" and other...
  8. Problem With Auto Read Aloud In Windows 11

Problem With Auto Read Aloud In Windows 11: Hello Everyone, I recently received a problem with the Auto Read feature in Windows 22H2 most recent build OS Build 22621.2361. Every time I try to use the feature it starts to read some nonsense at the bottom of the screen on the web It says " Continue Reading" and other...
  9. Word read aloud voices have changed. How to get the male/female choice back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word read aloud voices have changed. How to get the male/female choice back?: The word read aloud voices suddenly changed. IT used to give me the male/female "online" voices that sound natural. Now, it gives me david/zira, and they are stiff and unnatural. It keeps asking me to sign in to pick my voice, but I am already signed in, and accessing my...
  10. Word read aloud voices have changed. How to get the male/female choice back?

Word read aloud voices have changed. How to get the male/female choice back?: The word read aloud voices suddenly changed. IT used to give me the male/female "online" voices that sound natural. Now, it gives me david/zira, and they are stiff and unnatural. It keeps asking me to sign in to pick my voice, but I am already signed in, and accessing my...