Windows 10: read errors when ripping dvds

Discus and support read errors when ripping dvds in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hello, lately, when i try to rip a purchased DVD to add to my plex library, i get a "there are read errors" message this happened when i bought the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by homebody1966, Mar 4, 2024.

1. read errors when ripping dvds

hello, lately, when i try to rip a purchased DVD to add to my plex library, i get a "there are read errors" message this happened when i bought the Mission Impossible tv series box set there are several DVDs where the error message appeared is this a disc issue or an issue with the disc player writer, burner, etc?

:)

homebody1966, Mar 4, 2024
  2. Pyeti Win User

DVD ripping porgrams

i have the actual dvds so would i need to still do the iso then mounting steps?
    is there any way to split up the file while ripping it in dvd shrink?

Pyeti, Mar 4, 2024
  3. mike s Win User
    CD Ripping Errors

Not knowing anything about how Windows does this, I'd suggest using reliable third-party utilities to rip CD's such as Exact Audio Copy or CDex. Might return better diagnostics too -- EAC gives you a running display of the errors as it does the extraction.

mike s, Mar 4, 2024
  4. Rhen Pal Win User

read errors when ripping dvds

RIP CDs

Hi,

We suggest that you perform these steps and check if the issue persists:

• Press "Windows" + "E" button on the keyboard.
    • Go to "View > Navigation pane" and select "Show libraries".
    • Now in the navigation pane, right-click on the "Music" library under "Libraries" and select "Delete".
    • Now right-click on the "Libraries" and select "Restore default libraries".
    • Now try to rip.

We also suggest that you refer to this link. Burn and rip CDs.

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Mar 4, 2024
Thema:

read errors when ripping dvds

1. read errors when ripping dvds - Similar Threads - read errors ripping

2. Windows reading some DVDs, not others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows reading some DVDs, not others: Trying to watch DVD movies on my laptop and some of them are viewable while others aren't. The ones that do not work just say "Please insert a disc and it seems that it's 50/50. Nothing else is wrong. Do I need special software or drivers?My Laptop is a Lenovo V570. The DVD...
  3. Windows reading some DVDs, not others

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows reading some DVDs, not others: Trying to watch DVD movies on my laptop and some of them are viewable while others aren't. The ones that do not work just say "Please insert a disc and it seems that it's 50/50. Nothing else is wrong. Do I need special software or drivers?My Laptop is a Lenovo V570. The DVD...
  4. Windows reading some DVDs, not others

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. read errors when ripping dvds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    read errors when ripping dvds: hello, lately, when i try to rip a purchased DVD to add to my plex library, i get a "there are read errors" message this happened when i bought the Mission Impossible tv series box set there are several DVDs where the error message appeared is this a disc issue or an issue...
  6. read errors when ripping dvds

read errors when ripping dvds: hello, lately, when i try to rip a purchased DVD to add to my plex library, i get a "there are read errors" message this happened when i bought the Mission Impossible tv series box set there are several DVDs where the error message appeared is this a disc issue or an issue...
  7. Optical drive will not read DVDs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Optical drive will not read DVDs: Have used VLC media player for a few years with no problem for both CDs and DVDs on Windows 10 OS. Suddenly DVDs are not recognised. The device is working properly, drivers are up to date, have tried uninstalling the device and reinstalling, have edited the registry to remove...
  8. Rip R2 DVDs on BD-ROM drive?

Rip R2 DVDs on BD-ROM drive?: Hey, all Okay. I live in the States. On earlier PCs I made sure my DVD drive was region-free. Around half of my DVDs are R2. I have a region-free DVD player, but no TV to hook it to (my monitors default to VGA, DVI and HDMI). My BD player exploded, so I watch things on my...
  9. Rip R2 DVDs on BD-ROM drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Rip R2 DVDs on BD-ROM drive?: Hey, all Okay. I live in the States. On earlier PCs I made sure my DVD drive was region-free. Around half of my DVDs are R2. I have a region-free DVD player, but no TV to hook it to (my monitors default to VGA, DVI and HDMI). My BD player exploded, so I watch things on my...
  10. CD/DVD drive not reading DVDs

CD/DVD drive not reading DVDs: My CD/DVD drive cannot read/write to DVD, yet it reads and writes to CDs! The Device Manages shows that the drive is working normally, yet when I insert a DVD, I get the error message "no media"! I have tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it, but the fault...