Windows 10: Read from Excel specific columns

Discus and support Read from Excel specific columns in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hallo, seit kurzer Zeit bewege auch ich mich durch das "Matlab-Universum". Demgemäß freue ich mich über jeden kleinen Schritt, der mir gelingt. Nun... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by andyschmidt, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Read from Excel specific columns

Hallo,
    seit kurzer Zeit bewege auch ich mich durch das "Matlab-Universum". Demgemäß freue ich mich über jeden kleinen Schritt, der mir gelingt. Nun habe ich jedoch eine Aufgabe erhalten, welche - so denke ich - mein bisheriges Können bei weitem übersteigt.
    Folgender Sachverhalt:
    Mir liegt in Kürze eine sehr umfangreiche Excel-Tabelle (mehrere 1.000 Spalten/Zeilen) vor, in welcher nur gewisse Spalten für weitergehende Berechnungen erforderlich sind. Sämtliche Spalten sind bspw. in Zeile fünf mit einer Überschrift versehen. Dabei ist nur ein Teil der besagten Überschrift jeweils relevant.
    Meine erste Frage ist nun, wie ich die Überschriften in der Zeile (hier bspw. fünf) prüfen kann, ob etwa neben anderen alpha-numerischen Angaben ein bestimmter Begriff (oder mehrere) auftauchen? Ist dies der Fall soll die entsprechende Spalte in Matlab eingelesen werden.
    Möglicherweise gibt es für diesen Prozess sogar eine "elegantere" Darstellung, als die aus Excel herausgefilterten (und in Matlab integrierten) Spalten alle einzeln im "Workspace" abzulegen. Als absoluter Anfänger bin ich dahingehend natürlich überfragt und freue mich selbstverständlich, wenn mein Vorhaben überhaupt (auf relativ humane Art und Weise) möglich ist.
    Meine zweite Frage betrifft die Vorbereitung (und Durchführung) einer Regression.
    Angenommen ich habe das vorherige Verfahren zwei Mal (für zwei verschiedene Begrifflichkeiten) angewendet..., wie kann ich anschließend die umfangreichen Angaben zu zwei jeweils unterschiedlichen Variablen (nennen wir sie "x" und "y") so zusammenfassen, dass ich eine Regression durchführen kann? Die Regression als solche sollte ich mit meinem bisherigen Wissen realisieren können (allerdings kann ich auch dies noch nicht 100%ig garantieren).
    Leider habe ich - gemäß meiner obigen Fragen - nicht viel, was ich an Quellcode anbieten könnte. Somit bedanke ich mich schon einmal herzlich bei allen, die sich meiner erbarmen und mich durch das "Matlab-Dickicht" geleiten! Smile

Viele Grüße

English

:)

andyschmidt, Apr 18, 2016
  2. LeonardF Win User

Excel Mobile-Problem selecting cells

I am totally new to smart phones, but needed GPS and ability to read or modify Excel sheets on the road. My brand new (bought on Nov 05)
    Verizon Moto Q9c has Win 5.1 I think, not 6.X. Is this a problem? I see that Verizon supposedly uses the Q9m version, what is the difference?

PROBLEM: I cannot select specific cells in Excel files (they load and display fine, to my surprise) because the cursor jumps two rows or columns at a time, impossible to edit anything. Yes, I do have the row scrolling feature set for rows, not screen. There
    is no corresponding option for columns, that I can see.

LeonardF, Apr 18, 2016
  3. eodio Win User
    Excel 2013 stalls with windows 10 when using filter in large data worksheets

I upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro using standard Windows Update.

Everything seemed to work fine until I started working with Excel 2013. I do a lot of pivot analysis and, in a worksheet with 23 columns and 15,000 rows of information, when I apply a filter to select specific data Excel IT just takes forever to perform, or
    stalls (with macros or manually) .

I made a clean Windows 10 Install and problem persists. I installed Excel 2010 and it works, no delays. Seems to be a problem with Excel 2013, but I could not find any reference to this behavior on Internet, so I went back to Windows 8.1 Pro.

eodio, Apr 18, 2016
Thema:

Read from Excel specific columns

1. Read from Excel specific columns - Similar Threads - Read Excel specific

2. Why can't I merge columns in my Excel spreadsheet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I merge columns in my Excel spreadsheet?: I am modifying a spreadsheet developed by someone else. I have already unprotected the columns that I want to merge, but the "merge cells' choice is still not available to me. What am I doing wrong?...
  3. Why can't I merge columns in my Excel spreadsheet?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I merge columns in my Excel spreadsheet?: I am modifying a spreadsheet developed by someone else. I have already unprotected the columns that I want to merge, but the "merge cells' choice is still not available to me. What am I doing wrong?...
  4. Excel: how to sort columns

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel: how to sort columns: [img] Hi I I understand why those columns are sorted the way they are, but I cant sort them the way I want. ie - I would like CS_S all the way left, CS_E is in column 3, etc. I have tried a bunch of diff options under data>sort, but regardless of what I try, I cant get...
  5. Copy Column Headings in Excel from Sheet 1 to Sheet 2 - How?

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy Column Headings in Excel from Sheet 1 to Sheet 2 - How?: I have Microsoft Office 2016 Excel on Windows 10. I want to copy “Column Headings only in Excel” from Sheet 1 to Sheet 2. I do not want to copy data from Sheet 1. I tried some Google searches and had trouble following and understanding some of the steps. In one of the...
  6. Excel shortcut to open to specific sheet

Excel shortcut to open to specific sheet: I have a shortcut to open Excel to a file: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\EXCEL.EXE" c:\all\Workbooks\General.xlsm". Is there a way to specify the sheet? I tried adding the sheet name to the end of the shortcut but I get an error comment. 135993
  7. Excel 2103 adding digits to column

Excel 2103 adding digits to column: Hi guys can I ask for a little advice please I have an excel 2013 spreadsheet formatted as a table I have attached a screenshot to explain better As you can see I have a rows of dates in the header row IE 12th 13th 14th and so on to the left of the yellow column but when I...
  8. c# excell file read issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    c# excell file read issue: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: 'Could not find installable ISAM.' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/c-excell-file-read-issue/a88d5f9f-20b5-4484-bf07-90cbcc40e94c"
  9. Excel not responding. Trying to format a column of phone numbers.

Excel not responding. Trying to format a column of phone numbers.: Excel 2010 I have a column of 22,000 phone numbers (and an additional column of fax numbers). I'm trying to convert the numbers from nine digits to nine digits with hyphens. I copied and renamed the original document. There are no protections. To be certain, I ran the...
  10. Excel - read only bug

Excel - read only bug: I have recently installed Windows 10 on my desktop. I now find that most of my files are "read only" I have tried to deactivate this in properties for the various folders but it does not work. Other than trying to copy every file that is currently in use what can you suggest...