Windows 10: Read Only can not be disabled

Discus and support Read Only can not be disabled in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, So every FIle and Folder is set to Read Only and changing it, well, doesnt change it. What i did was: Rightclick the Account folder under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ActionAbe, Jun 4, 2019.

1. ActionAbe Win User

Read Only can not be disabled

Hi,

So every FIle and Folder is set to Read Only and changing it, well, doesnt change it.

What i did was: Rightclick the Account folder under User> Properties>Security> Advanced and then changed the Owner to my Account (which is the only one btw) and added "Everyone" while giving Full Access to it.

I also added the "Take Ownership" Command using the regedit and even that doesnt work.

My Account is the Admin Account, Win 10 is up to date and my Account is PW protected but that shouldnt really affect anything.

I have honestly no clue what else i could do about.

:)

ActionAbe, Jun 4, 2019

2. How to disable the Read Aloud feature?

We appreciate the comprehensive response. If Narrator is disabled and still the Read Aloud prompt still pops-up, we suggest that you disable any reading feature from the
    Ease of Access Center. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Type Control Panel in the search box and press
      Enter
    • In the Control Panel screen, select Small icons from the
      View by: drop-down list.

Note: View by: is located on the upper right side of the screen.
    • Select Ease of Access Center.
    • Under Make your computer easier to use section, uncheck the following boxes:

Always read this section aloud

Always scan this section
    • Once you're done, exit the Control Panel screen and check if the issue persists.

Alternatively, if you're using a mouse pad, access the mouse pad option and disable the feature that allows right-click when mouse pad is double tapped. Refer to the device manufacturer or support site on how to disable this feature.

Update us with the result of the manual configuration.

Darwin Dim, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Disabling Synaptic touchpad in Windows 10, and why it won't stay disabled. For a left handed person, it is disruptive.

Hi,

If you wish to disable your touchpad, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows Key +X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Synaptic touchpad driver and select Disable.
    • Click OK to confirm and check with the issue.

Please reply us with the status to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jun 4, 2019
  4. Read Only can not be disabled

Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

Read Only can not be disabled

1. Read Only can not be disabled - Similar Threads - Read disabled

2. Need to disable csm support to enable secure boot but I've read online that gigabyte has...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to disable csm support to enable secure boot but I've read online that gigabyte has...: I need to enable secure boot to play valorant. I didn't have secure boot enabled when I upgraded from windows 10 to windows 11. I Upgraded from Windows Update and now I need to enable secure boot but I have to disable csm support and I'm scared my PC won't boot up after....
  3. Need to disable csm support to enable secure boot but I've read online that gigabyte has...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to disable csm support to enable secure boot but I've read online that gigabyte has...: I need to enable secure boot to play valorant. I didn't have secure boot enabled when I upgraded from windows 10 to windows 11. I Upgraded from Windows Update and now I need to enable secure boot but I have to disable csm support and I'm scared my PC won't boot up after....
  4. Is There a Way to Disable New Wifi Connections From Appearing Read Context

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is There a Way to Disable New Wifi Connections From Appearing Read Context: I'm gonna preface that I'm NOT looking for this option so I can actually disable new wifi connections from appearing in the Wifi list; in fact, it's the oppositea few months ago, I got a bit concerned over network security and I did things like disabling UPnP on my router and...
  5. Is There a Way to Disable New Wifi Connections From Appearing Read Context

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is There a Way to Disable New Wifi Connections From Appearing Read Context: I'm gonna preface that I'm NOT looking for this option so I can actually disable new wifi connections from appearing in the Wifi list; in fact, it's the oppositea few months ago, I got a bit concerned over network security and I did things like disabling UPnP on my router and...
  6. Is There a Way to Disable New Wifi Connections From Appearing Read Context

7. How do I disable read-only when I have a Microsoft Word 2000 document open?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable read-only when I have a Microsoft Word 2000 document open?: How do I disable read-only when I have a Microsoft Word 2000 document open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-read-only-when-i-have-a-microsoft/70186676-252e-458f-afd5-6515a286943c
  8. How do I disable read-only when I have a Microsoft Word 2000 document open?

How do I disable read-only when I have a Microsoft Word 2000 document open?: How do I disable read-only when I have a Microsoft Word 2000 document open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-read-only-when-i-have-a-microsoft/70186676-252e-458f-afd5-6515a286943c
  9. Windows Defender Disabled in services.msc <Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 2 >

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Disabled in services.msc <Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 2 >: Hi Team, Some malware disabled my Windows Defender. Now when I am trying to access "Virus and Threat Protection", it says, "page not available, your IT administrator disabled....". I used Malwarebytes to remove the malwares but still my issue is not resolved. In the...
  10. Windows Defender Disabled in services.msc <Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 2 >

Windows Defender Disabled in services.msc <Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 2 >: Hi Team, Some malware disabled my Windows Defender. Now when I am trying to access "Virus and Threat Protection", it says, "page not available, your IT administrator disabled....". I used Malwarebytes to remove the malwares but still my issue is not resolved. In the...