Windows 10: read only document

Discus and support read only document in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I change my document from a read only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kitten37773, Jun 25, 2019.

1. read only document

How do I change my document from a read only

:)

kitten37773, Jun 25, 2019
  2. annie Win User

How do I change (Read Only) on Microsoft Word

When I downloaded Windows 10 and used my Microsoft Word it was in (Read Only) and I tried looking up how to solve the problem including looking at properties on my document to uncheck read only, but it was already unchecked. I have tried all the steps suggested.

annie, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Erika Aro Win User

read only document

Documents open as Read Only

Hi Gary,

Office documents are set as default to be as read-only files. You can change that by changing the Protected View in the Trust Center Settings:

• Open a Word document and click the File tab.
    • Select Options and click the Trust Center option.
    • Under Microsoft Word Trust Center, click the Trust Center Settings button.
    • Click Protected view on the list and uncheck all boxes.
    • Lastly, click OK and OK to exit.

Let us know if this changed your document's permission.

Erika Aro, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

read only document

1. read only document - Similar Threads - read document

2. Not Able to read PDF Documents.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Able to read PDF Documents.: I have a friend who i send stories via google drive but my friend cannot read the stories because they are a file that she cannot click on or her phone doesn't know how use them the files are PDF files and she thinks it is something to do with the phone....
  3. Not Able to read PDF Documents.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not Able to read PDF Documents.: I have a friend who i send stories via google drive but my friend cannot read the stories because they are a file that she cannot click on or her phone doesn't know how use them the files are PDF files and she thinks it is something to do with the phone....
  4. I am working in a word document and after short time it reverts to read only. I then have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am working in a word document and after short time it reverts to read only. I then have...: I am working in a word document and after short time it reverts to read only. I then have to save another version. Can you assist? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-working-in-a-word-document-and-after-short/227b40ee-9ca4-4b16-a4b7-0cc0c20691c1
  5. I am working in a word document and after short time it reverts to read only. I then have...

I am working in a word document and after short time it reverts to read only. I then have...: I am working in a word document and after short time it reverts to read only. I then have to save another version. Can you assist? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-working-in-a-word-document-and-after-short/227b40ee-9ca4-4b16-a4b7-0cc0c20691c1
  6. I am working in a word document and after short time it reverts to read only. I then have...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. My main documents D:\ drive constantly reverts back to "Read Only"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My main documents D:\ drive constantly reverts back to "Read Only": Not sure why this is, my drive with my document folders keeps reverting back to "Read Only" which results in many of my apps not able to function correctly, as they cannot access scratch disks Adobe, temporary files, or write files to the drive. I have no idea why Windows...
  8. My main documents D:\ drive constantly reverts back to "Read Only"

My main documents D:\ drive constantly reverts back to "Read Only": Not sure why this is, my drive with my document folders keeps reverting back to "Read Only" which results in many of my apps not able to function correctly, as they cannot access scratch disks Adobe, temporary files, or write files to the drive. I have no idea why Windows...
  9. How do I disable read-only when I have a Microsoft Word 2000 document open?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable read-only when I have a Microsoft Word 2000 document open?: How do I disable read-only when I have a Microsoft Word 2000 document open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-read-only-when-i-have-a-microsoft/70186676-252e-458f-afd5-6515a286943c
  10. How do I disable read-only when I have a Microsoft Word 2000 document open?

How do I disable read-only when I have a Microsoft Word 2000 document open?: How do I disable read-only when I have a Microsoft Word 2000 document open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-read-only-when-i-have-a-microsoft/70186676-252e-458f-afd5-6515a286943c