Windows 10: read only document

Discus and support read only document in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I change my document from a read only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kitten37773, Jun 25, 2019.

1. read only document

How do I change my document from a read only

:)

kitten37773, Jun 25, 2019
  2. annie Win User

How do I change (Read Only) on Microsoft Word

When I downloaded Windows 10 and used my Microsoft Word it was in (Read Only) and I tried looking up how to solve the problem including looking at properties on my document to uncheck read only, but it was already unchecked. I have tried all the steps suggested.

annie, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Erika Aro Win User

read only document

Documents open as Read Only

Hi Gary,

Office documents are set as default to be as read-only files. You can change that by changing the Protected View in the Trust Center Settings:

• Open a Word document and click the File tab.
    • Select Options and click the Trust Center option.
    • Under Microsoft Word Trust Center, click the Trust Center Settings button.
    • Click Protected view on the list and uncheck all boxes.
    • Lastly, click OK and OK to exit.

Let us know if this changed your document's permission.

Erika Aro, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

read only document

1. read only document - Similar Threads - read document

2. Estimate reading time for document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Estimate reading time for document: Could you tell me if there is any option in Word to estimate reading time for a document. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/estimate-reading-time-for-document/d912650d-1aa2-4153-a4ca-661b32223903"
  3. How to save read only document to edit

How to save read only document to edit: how to save read only document to edit * Moved from Education/Win 10/Update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-save-read-only-document-to-edit/67186e90-64ac-4a62-a8a8-6e87d6860854"
  4. Excel cannot access <a subfolder>. The document may be read only or encrypted.

Excel cannot access <a subfolder>. The document may be read only or encrypted.: The above error started today. It occurs when Personal.xlsm attempts to launch, whether it is in the background when I open excel files that contain macros or if I launch Personal.xlsb from the XLStart folder. The <item in question> is a subfolder, not a file. I have...
  5. how do i read old documents

how do i read old documents: i expect to have word. now i have a lot of documents that i can't open. help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-read-old-documents/455bbb8f-b529-4c3b-b499-3a529314abff"
  6. read only documents

read only documents: After upgrading to Windows 10 and restoring my documents they are now all read-only. how can I reverse this so I can open and edit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only-documents/29e2e95a-8c1e-4484-ada3-56d06e2b487f"
  7. Over the past week, windows has been making my documents folder read only

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Over the past week, windows has been making my documents folder read only: Over the past week, windows has been mysteriously making my entire documents folder read only. I noticed this first because suddenly my Fallout4 game couldn't save. It simply collapsed as soon as save game was attempted. I tracked this down to the my games folder being...
  8. Read-only documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    Read-only documents: I am frustrated when opening a document and it had defaulted to read-only. I would like to remove that feature permanently. I don't always find the need to protect my documents by read-only. Is there a way to change this? I can change it but it won't stay; I find that the...
  9. Hi How do I make a reading view available for a PDF document? (I wrote a book & would like...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hi How do I make a reading view available for a PDF document? (I wrote a book & would like...: Hi How do I make a reading view available for a PDF document? (I wrote a book & would like to sell it in PDF format) Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-how-do-i-make-a-reading-view-available-for-a/33db47c1-2f3e-40f1-aba8-fa8a040b6f79
  10. how to covert a Microsoft word read only document to a normal document

how to covert a Microsoft word read only document to a normal document: how to convert a Microsoft read only word document to a normal document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-covert-a-microsoft-word-read-only-document/0bcf4118-70e3-4cab-a80d-3056b23f48a7"