Windows 10: Read Only Folders by default following Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809

Discus and support Read Only Folders by default following Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My PC updated today and since then all of my folders (even on other drives) including My Docs are read only. It has not affected most of the files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ashermanrr, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Read Only Folders by default following Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809

My PC updated today and since then all of my folders (even on other drives) including My Docs are read only. It has not affected most of the files (only folders) except some databases (not Office) which will not open so I can edit them. The only way I can access them is to save them onto my desktop!

I have ownership of all the folders and full permission.

I have tried to untick the read only box, but it just reverts back again. Even newly created folders are read only.

I noticed another post about this last year which has now been closed for comments and it does not appear they had any success in solving the issue either.

I found the Controlled Folder Access in the settings but I do not have access. Read Only Folders by default following Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 15a7aa9c-bbf8-4915-bac2-8b35946bb215?upload=true.jpg

:)

ashermanrr, Jan 10, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Read Only Folders by default following Windows 10 updates

Hello Karen,

I performed a clean boot and then followed with the advised steps, but still had the same issue.

I've rebooted and reperformed the advised steps but unfortunately the problem with folders defaulting to read only still remains.

Thanks,

Ian

IanNicholson1, Jan 10, 2019
  4. trparky Win User

Read Only Folders by default following Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809

Say goodbye to ransomware with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Yes, ransomware will be a thing of the past with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update thanks to something called "Controlled Folder Access" in Windows Defender.

Windows 10 will hide your important files from ransomware soon | The Verge

These are protections for your files against ransomware at the kernel and Windows Defender level. Rest easy, your files are safe.

About damn time Microsoft!

trparky, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Read Only Folders by default following Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809

1. Read Only Folders by default following Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 - Similar Threads - Read Folders default

2. Read Only Folders by default following Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Read Only Folders by default following Windows 10 updates: Re-opening a document in Word 2013 after 8/1/2020 Updates would be in Read Only mode. After trying all the suggestions presented to IanNicholson1 in April 2018 had failed to to solve the Read Only problem, I uninstalled Update KB4565503. Now, the Documents folder shows...
  3. Feature update to Windows 10, Version 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature update to Windows 10, Version 1809: I've tried to update my windows to the latest version but it doesn't download. I've a working wifi connection as well and everything works well apart from downloading the updates. So my query is if I can download the feature update 1809 separately and then install it to my...
  4. No Feature update, Windows 10 version 1809

No Feature update, Windows 10 version 1809: Hello I have Windows 10, version 1803 installed on my PC and unfortunately when I check for updates via Setting\Updates & Security\Windows Update, there is no feature update to version 1809 for me. Why I don't receive any notification of Upgrade to 1809 ?...
  5. feature update to windows 10 version,1809

feature update to windows 10 version,1809: i got feature update to windows 10 version,1809 but it is almost 2.14GB so how can i download if my internet daily is 1.5GB. If it fails to install it my internet will be wasted so please help me solve problem and it is safe for my laptop of this...
  6. feature update to windows 10 version 1809

feature update to windows 10 version 1809: I was unable to install the update for windows 10 version 1809. how can I reinstall this update.? currently I am getting updates for windows 10 version 1803.[ATTACH]...
  7. No Feature update, Windows 10 version 1809

No Feature update, Windows 10 version 1809: Hello I have Windows 10, version 1803 installed on my PC and unfortunately when I check for updates via Setting\Updates & Security\Windows Update, there is no feature update to version 1809 for me...I don't want to use Media Creation Tool or Update Assistant. When will it...
  8. Windows 10 Feature update Version 1809

Windows 10 Feature update Version 1809: Hey. I was wondering when I would get the October 2018 update on my PC. My Windows Update are automatically on and everyday once a few minor updates have been installed, it tells me that my PC has the latest updates. My system did get it the first time around but due to...
  9. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809: My computer automatically downloaded and started the install of the Windows 10 update, version 1809...the update that could delete my files if it is installed. It is in standby mode waiting for my computer to restart. Of course, with all the news about lost files I do NOT...
  10. feature update windows 10 version 1809.

feature update windows 10 version 1809.: today I tried to update to feature update to windows 10 version 1809(64 bit) I am getting error code 0x80240034. How to overcome from this error....