Windows 10: Read only folders on all disc drives

Discus and support Read only folders on all disc drives in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, past few days I am experiencing very bad situation with computer. I read many posts but I still do not get things working as they should so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RetepNavotnik, May 4, 2019.

1. Read only folders on all disc drives

Hello,

past few days I am experiencing very bad situation with computer.

I read many posts but I still do not get things working as they should so I am hoping that I will get some answers here.

I am guessing that with latest update windows decided that my folders are read only.

I have a admin user account with full control but I am still not able to deselect read only function on any folder (system or private).

I created a new admin account and also tried to change the folder ownership from system to me, but, but there was no difference.

So I read something about deleting a read only function but I am a bit wary about that.

Any help please?

:)

RetepNavotnik, May 4, 2019
  2. jds63 Win User

CD/DVD Drive not reading discs

Strange part is why it shows as a Blu-Ray drive. What is D: since it jumps to E: ? Seen other posts like this were ones were not recognized at all after upgrade, but yours is recognized, listed wrong and not reading discs at all.

jds63, May 4, 2019
  3. CD/DVD Drive not reading discs

My CD/DVD has stopped reading discs. The PC sees the drive but on inserting a disc nothing happens although the disc is spinning. This happened after resolving a start up problem.

Have tried updating driver and am advised driver is up to date.

Also device manager advises that "This device is working properly."

Discs are read in other machines OK.

My O/S is windows 7 64 bit. running on Dell Inspiron PC

Have checked that cable plug ins are secure.

Any suggestions on how to solve this problem Please.

Curiousroblin, May 4, 2019
  4. Read only folders on all disc drives

DVD drive will not read any disc after Windows 10 Upgrade

Hello everyone; I cannot get my internal DVD drive to read any disc. The last it worked that I recall was before the WIndows 10 update. No matter what I try, I cannot get it to work: troubleshooting, the drive is recognized by devmgmt, it's in windows
    explorer and shows no content. It is also listed in the bios. I'm out of ideas, anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

williammaughan, May 4, 2019
Thema:

Read only folders on all disc drives

1. Read only folders on all disc drives - Similar Threads - Read folders disc

2. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  3. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  4. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. All my folders are read only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my folders are read only: Everytime I try to uncheck the folders they go back to read onlyto clarify a few thingsI am the admin of the computerI already did the SFC scan and nothing came outWindows defender folder control access is offhappens in more than one hard driveI tried several things online...
  6. All Folders are on "read-only" mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Folders are on "read-only" mode.: All Windows 10,11, Server 2019.. folders are on read only mode. All Systems in our office. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-folders-are-on-read-only-mode/df794a53-a5e3-46de-a174-765d2571515e
  7. All Folders Read Only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All Folders Read Only: Title explains it all. Every folder on my C:\ or D:\ drives is set to read-only. I am able to change that in the folder properties, but when I go back in after hitting apply it reverts to read-only again. I have tried changing the permissions on each drive, disabling...
  8. All folders are read-only

in Windows 10 Customization
    All folders are read-only: Just today I wanted to change the properties of one file in my music folder, but was unable to. After some digging around I found out that the folder it was in was a read-only folder, upon trying to uncheck the box, then closing it, it reverts itself to read-only. I have...
  9. All Folders Read Only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Folders Read Only: All folders seem to be listed as Read Only. Do not have third party antivirus. Yes, I already checked Permissions and Ownership Yes, I have already followed every tutorial and suggestion on this site....
  10. all folders are read only

in Windows 10 Support
    all folders are read only: Today I discovered that all my files are read only. I had saved a spreadsheet yesterday, then today I went to open it and it said read only. Then I looked at other files and the read only box was checked. Even when I unchecked it, and closing the property box, when I opened...