Windows 10: "read only" keeps reverting back

Discus and support "read only" keeps reverting back in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, it seems like I can't turn off "read only" for a specific folder, it keeps reverting back, I tried many solutions on the internet to grant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/elsipha, Apr 14, 2020.

1. "read only" keeps reverting back

Hello, it seems like I can't turn off "read only" for a specific folder, it keeps reverting back, I tried many solutions on the internet to grant authorisations but everything I tried failed

It's not like I never had that problem, in windows vista, win 7, win 8, win 10, and every single time it's a pain in the ass trying to figure out how to fix it, I mean we are in 2020 and sometimes windows still amaze me on how confused it can be sometimes for the average user

thanks

submitted by /u/elsipha
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/elsipha, Apr 14, 2020
  2. Steven Win User

Folder keeps reverting to read-only

Every time I un-check the "read-only" attribute on a folder it automatically reverts the changes I've made.

I tried taking full control of the folder as the administrator and as users and I've also tried using "attrib -r +s drive:\\" in run but it doesnt seem to work.

How can I change the file to read only and keep it from changing back?
    (I'm on windows 10 Home)

Steven , Apr 14, 2020
  3. alone Win User
    Display langage reverted back

I followed the suggested actions: everything OK from step 1. and I attach as requested the output for step 2.

"read only" keeps reverting back [​IMG]

for convenience I attach the google translation

"read only" keeps reverting back [​IMG]

I'm ready to act following suggestions (if any) before...going through the restore (please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking forward doing it).

I appreciate in any case your help

alone, Apr 14, 2020
  4. San102 Win User

"read only" keeps reverting back

Drive and folders with Music on it keep reverting to Read Only

I have an internal drive with Serato programs and music library on it. It keeps reverting back all the folders to read only. attribute change through command prompt, admin does not difference either.

San102, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

"read only" keeps reverting back

1. "read only" keeps reverting back - Similar Threads - read keeps reverting

2. Windows 11 folder keeps reverting back to read only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 folder keeps reverting back to read only: I have tried CMD checks and fixes. Done a clean boot. Have installed take ownership plug-in. Changed controlled folder access which was set to off. I have replaced the folder with a newly created one and copied the files back into the new one and it has the same issue as the...
  3. Windows 11 folder keeps reverting back to read only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 folder keeps reverting back to read only: I have tried CMD checks and fixes. Done a clean boot. Have installed take ownership plug-in. Changed controlled folder access which was set to off. I have replaced the folder with a newly created one and copied the files back into the new one and it has the same issue as the...
  4. AppData keeps reverting to Read Only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AppData keeps reverting to Read Only: I need to change my AppData folder and all it’s contents so that they’re not read only. I’ve made myself administrator and transferred ownership of the folder to myself and activated full control, but every time I uncheck read only and apply it, it gives me a message saying...
  5. Read-only reverts back problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Read-only reverts back problem: Read-only reverts back problem what, I have right now currently. I've tried to seek help but all the solutions for this problem did not work unfortunately. I had a problem called Attribute changer but, I've ran the program before the problem, so that shouldn't be the seed of...
  6. Windows keeps reverting all folders back to read-only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeps reverting all folders back to read-only: All my folders on all my drives are set to read-only, which means I cannot copy files. If I remove the read-only attribute it gets immediately turned on again. I have tried: Taking ownership Disabling Controlled Access (it was disabled already but I enabled/disabled to be...
  7. Folder reverts back to read-only

Folder reverts back to read-only: I've tried many methods to try and set my folder to not "read-only". I've attempted to manually change the attribute by running the command prompt as administrator with the command: "attrib -R C:\ATLauncher". I'm not sure if I have written this command correctly, but it did...
  8. Folders keep reverting back to read only in Windows 10

Folders keep reverting back to read only in Windows 10: How do I fix the read only on drives, folders and files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-keep-reverting-back-to-read-only-in/072006ef-a2fd-41c1-a2c1-74798d068a0c
  9. Windows 10 - Folders keep reverting back to "Read only"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 - Folders keep reverting back to "Read only": Recently I notice that all of my folders are marked as "Read only". I have tried multiple ways to get rid of it but no luck yet. I've looked up every possible way on the internet - like changing/granting permissions to users (though I am the admin), putting some lines into...
  10. "Read-only" keeps reverting

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Read-only" keeps reverting: Let me start by saying that I have visited countless posts and read many articles on the topic. I have tried almost everything that I came across. its pointless to say, but hitting "apply" instead of "ok" didn't help I changed my account to administrator, used cmd attrib -r...