Windows 10: Read only nightmare

Discus and support Read only nightmare in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; It all starts one day trying to install some mods for skyrim SE, i found out every single folder and archive is read only, tried the basics, tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SaulRodriguez7, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Read only nightmare

It all starts one day trying to install some mods for skyrim SE, i found out every single folder and archive is read only, tried the basics, tried advanced troubleshooting followed every video under the sun about how to get rid of this problem, regedit, command prompt, settings, advanced settings and many more options, got tired of this, maybe it was a virus, ran unhackme, malwarebytes, avast, windows defender, nothing showed up, got even more tired, decided to restart and after a clean reinstall of windows 10 the issue persisted, figured out it was a windows issue, tried to install windows 7,

:)

SaulRodriguez7, Nov 24, 2021
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

INCORRECT CPU FREQUENCY READING

Hello Muhammad,

CPU usage depends on the applications that are open to your device. To isolate the problem, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Can you include a screenshot of the CPU reading?
    • Have you tried performing a
      clean boot
      to eliminate software conflicts?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Nov 24, 2021
  3. annie Win User
    How do I change (Read Only) on Microsoft Word

When I downloaded Windows 10 and used my Microsoft Word it was in (Read Only) and I tried looking up how to solve the problem including looking at properties on my document to uncheck read only, but it was already unchecked. I have tried all the steps suggested.

annie, Nov 24, 2021
  4. Read only nightmare

Read-only nightmare after upgrading to Windows 10

I had this problem too but after a long frustrated night and the following day i finally fixed my computer.

First you need to make yourself administrator

second Its not good enough to just be the administrator but you also have to have "permissions" with full control to read write (this is not automatic when you make yourself an administrator)

third. then and only then you will be able to unmark the "read only tab" found in the general tab of the folder properties

there is a brilliant tech named Shawn who has the steps in a couple if different threads with this topic and another topic on how to change the adninistrator permissions

you can read the details of all my steps in the Thread listed below (sorry my ipad does not show the path to provide a link)

Windows 10 file Attributes

DO

DonnaP2015 asked on

DeborahNelson_621, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

Read only nightmare

1. Read only nightmare - Similar Threads - Read nightmare

2. Need help to read a memory dump file to figure out why pc crashes. Thanks a lot in advance !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help to read a memory dump file to figure out why pc crashes. Thanks a lot in advance !: Hello hello,Lastly my pc crashes every day, when the pc crashes I don't get a blue screen or error messages but a black screen before restarting by itself. I ran 2 days ago 2 stress-tests on my cpu, my rams and my graphics cards with Memtest 86, OCCT and Furmark, I even...
  3. Need help to read a memory dump file to figure out why pc crashesh. Thanks a lot in advance !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help to read a memory dump file to figure out why pc crashesh. Thanks a lot in advance !: Hello hello,Lastly my pc crashes every day, when the pc crashes I don't get a blue screen or error messages but a black screen before restarting by itself. I ran 2 days ago 2 stress-tests on my cpu, my rams and my graphics cards with Memtest 86, OCCT and Furmark, I even...
  4. Need help to read a memory dump file to figure out why pc crashes. Thanks a lot in advance !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help to read a memory dump file to figure out why pc crashes. Thanks a lot in advance !: Hello hello,Lastly my pc crashes every day, when the pc crashes I don't get a blue screen or error messages but a black screen before restarting by itself. I ran 2 days ago 2 stress-tests on my cpu, my rams and my graphics cards with Memtest 86, OCCT and Furmark, I even...
  5. Need help to read a memory dump file to figure out why pc crashesh. Thanks a lot in advance !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help to read a memory dump file to figure out why pc crashesh. Thanks a lot in advance !: Hello hello,Lastly my pc crashes every day, when the pc crashes I don't get a blue screen or error messages but a black screen before restarting by itself. I ran 2 days ago 2 stress-tests on my cpu, my rams and my graphics cards with Memtest 86, OCCT and Furmark, I even...
  6. Need help to read a memory dump file to figure out why pc crashes. Thanks a lot in advance !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Need help to read a memory dump file to figure out why pc crashesh. Thanks a lot in advance !

8. I get Attempted to Write to Read-Only Memory almost every time I use my computer deleted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I get Attempted to Write to Read-Only Memory almost every time I use my computer deleted: For some reason my post got deleted and I don't understand the reason behind ithttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/i-get-attempted-to-write-to-read-only-memory/3f8db31b-d5f3-4b77-bf5b-9b9ba9998f6fI'm having serious problems with my Windows...
  9. Read only nightmare

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Read only nightmare: It all starts one day trying to install some mods for skyrim SE, i found out every single folder and archive is read only, tried the basics, tried advanced troubleshooting followed every video under the sun about how to get rid of this problem, regedit, command prompt,...
  10. Read only nightmare

Read only nightmare: It all starts one day trying to install some mods for skyrim SE, i found out every single folder and archive is read only, tried the basics, tried advanced troubleshooting followed every video under the sun about how to get rid of this problem, regedit, command prompt,...