Windows 10: "Read Only"/No permissions after Seagate Restore to Windows 10

Discus and support "Read Only"/No permissions after Seagate Restore to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I would really appreciate some help if anyone is willing, or has encountered the same problem. Not particularly tech savy, just a 20-something wife/mom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by ftmklimas, Apr 7, 2016.

1. ftmklimas Win User

"Read Only"/No permissions after Seagate Restore to Windows 10

I would really appreciate some help if anyone is willing, or has encountered the same problem. Not particularly tech savy, just a 20-something wife/mom who can navigate around a PC pretty well.

Background: I got a new laptop and had backed up my entire old laptop/hard drive with a Seagate external hard drive. I then plugged in my external to new said laptop, selected appropriate version, and hit restore. Hooray! I thought it was really just that easy. Everything went into correct folders, and appeared all contents were there.

Issue:
    - Word documents open up as "Read-Only". I did find that if I went to each document individually, I could allow permissions under "Security" for all users...even though I am the one and only user and administrator on this PC. This seemed to fix the read only issue, but I was then unable to save anything, stating I did not have permission/hard drive was full (it's not full).
    - Further investigation found that my documents folders are all marked as "read only" under properties, and therefore I cannot edit or save to anything with in them. When I try to uncheck the box, I am given an error, saying that I need administrator permission, click continue, and then nothing happens.

It appears that pretty much my whole Documents section is read only and I cannot edit or save to it (possibly other sections of the hard drive as well). I am not sure where the issue may lay: my old computer? seagate external hard drive? how I restored the files? windows 10? Permissions/administrators?

Help!? *Smile

:)

ftmklimas, Apr 7, 2016
  2. grschinon Win User

Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Apr 7, 2016
  3. hahakak Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

Hello guys :smileyhappy:

There's something make me crazy :s
    When I click a certain number on keypad on any NOKIA mobile
    Then click the symbol " # ", then a number of
    a contact "in my contact list" will be appeared.
    Is there anyone know how is that???
    I feel curious toward this puzzle :smileyvery-happy:
    OK., if anyone know about this topic, please tell me :smileysad:
    Anyway thanks :smileywink:

hahakak, Apr 7, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Apr 8, 2016
Thema:

1. "Read Only"/No permissions after Seagate Restore to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Read permissions Seagate

2. How to Add Full Permissions to A Read-Only Share

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Add Full Permissions to A Read-Only Share: Yeah, I F'ed up. I removed all of the read-write and full permissions to a share and need to put them back. This share is not on a traditional MS server but a NetApp SAN that can emulate a MS OS.Is there a way I can add full permissions back onto this share?...
  3. How to Add Full Permissions to A Read-Only Share

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Add Full Permissions to A Read-Only Share: Yeah, I F'ed up. I removed all of the read-write and full permissions to a share and need to put them back. This share is not on a traditional MS server but a NetApp SAN that can emulate a MS OS.Is there a way I can add full permissions back onto this share?...
  4. Windows 10 keeps resetting permissions to read-only.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps resetting permissions to read-only.: This is driving me nuts, because a program I use needs to read from and write to files kept in "C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming" and no matter how many times I reset the folder's permission by unchecking the "read only" box, the folder and its files keep reverting to...
  5. Windows 10 keeps resetting permissions to read-only.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 keeps resetting permissions to read-only.: This is driving me nuts, because a program I use needs to read from and write to files kept in "C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming" and no matter how many times I reset the folder's permission by unchecking the "read only" box, the folder and its files keep reverting to...
  6. Windows 10 keeps resetting permissions to read-only.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Permission in changing read only

Permission in changing read only: So, I just got xbox game pass and I want to install a mod in one of the games, but the directory of the game is in WindowsApps. Because of this, I have gone through and changed ownership permission so my user account has full control over all files and folders in WindowsApps....
  8. Read-only file permissions forced in Windows 10

Read-only file permissions forced in Windows 10: My C: drive is a SSD and my main data drive is D: and is a 1 TB disk drive. Windows 10 forces read-only permissions on the folders in my D: drive, and I cannot change that. What the heck is going on, and how do I turn my data drive into a useful storage locations?...
  9. Read only Windows 10

Read only Windows 10: Since yesterday I found out that all of my folders are read-only and when I try to remove the read-only it will just go back to be read-only. this has been a serious pain for me, I can not use git because it can not write to my folder, I can not create a new project from any...
  10. Read Permissions

in Windows 10 Support
    Read Permissions: I moved My Documents to my D: drive. I did this by going to My Documents Properties, then the Location tab, then entered the new location and clicked Move. It worked great for a while; quite a while. Then all the sudden, when I would do a Save As, give it a name, click...