Windows 10: read only on ssd that was in use as windows download location

Discus and support read only on ssd that was in use as windows download location in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; im having ssd that was in use on my computer as the C drive than i was needing to format my computer and windows not let me install windows on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by itayblanka, Jul 10, 2020.

1. read only on ssd that was in use as windows download location

im having ssd that was in use on my computer as the C drive

than i was needing to format my computer and windows not let me install windows on the ssd

i tryd lot of yt videos but after all i install it on my hard drive

afer loading windows form my hard drive it wont let me put files and format it windows saying its read only protect

can someone help me to format it?

:)

itayblanka, Jul 10, 2020
  2. annie Win User

How do I change (Read Only) on Microsoft Word

When I downloaded Windows 10 and used my Microsoft Word it was in (Read Only) and I tried looking up how to solve the problem including looking at properties on my document to uncheck read only, but it was already unchecked. I have tried all the steps suggested.

annie, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Changed the 'downloads' location to E-Drive. Couldn't reverse!!

Hi Gokul,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and check if that helps:

• Right Click on Downloads folder.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Select Location tab.
    • Click on Move and choose your location.
    Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

read only on ssd that was in use as windows download location

wed can reformatting ssd

Hello Allen,

It seems that you're SSD is in a read-only state. Read-only is the same as write-protected.

As an initial troubleshooting, I suggest that you follow the steps provided by Angela Pun which helped a lot of community members in this
    thread.
    Make sure to select the SSD drive.

If the issue still persists, please follow these steps on how to format a write-protected SSD using Command Prompt.

1. Press the Windows key + R. A run dialog box will open.
    2. Type CMD then press Enter.
    3. Type diskpart
    4. Type list volume
    5. Type select volume # ( # is the number of USB HDD you've plugged in)
    6. Type attributes disk clear
      read-only
    7. Type clean

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

read only on ssd that was in use as windows download location

1. read only on ssd that was in use as windows download location - Similar Threads - read ssd was

2. Samsung SSD is not detected in Windows and only read in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung SSD is not detected in Windows and only read in BIOS: Please help me, I have a Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus, at first it worked as it should, then a bluescreen error occurred and suddenly it just disappeared from Windows and was only read in the BIOS. can anyone help ?...
  3. Samsung SSD is not detected in Windows and only read in BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung SSD is not detected in Windows and only read in BIOS: Please help me, I have a Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus, at first it worked as it should, then a bluescreen error occurred and suddenly it just disappeared from Windows and was only read in the BIOS. can anyone help ?...
  4. New SSD, folders keep reverting to read only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New SSD, folders keep reverting to read only: Hello,I have bought a new SSD and formatted it. All files within are automatically set to 'read only' and keep reverting whenever unticked.The SSD is NOT set to read only. It's shown as 'healthy' in Windows and in the diskpart cmd, it is also not shown as readonly.All users...
  5. New SSD, folders keep reverting to read only

New SSD, folders keep reverting to read only: Hello,I have bought a new SSD and formatted it. All files within are automatically set to 'read only' and keep reverting whenever unticked.The SSD is NOT set to read only. It's shown as 'healthy' in Windows and in the diskpart cmd, it is also not shown as readonly.All users...
  6. Aptio setup utility. SSD read only.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aptio setup utility. SSD read only.: Laptop cannot exit aptus setup utility. And the ssd is on read only option. Resetting settings on aptus screen didn't help.Launch csm option unavailable.Please help....
  7. Aptio setup utility. SSD read only.

Aptio setup utility. SSD read only.: Laptop cannot exit aptus setup utility. And the ssd is on read only option. Resetting settings on aptus screen didn't help.Launch csm option unavailable.Please help....
  8. Aptio setup utility. SSD read only.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. SSD stuck in read only and offline

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD stuck in read only and offline: My pc kept blue-screening, boot loops, recovery loops. then it stopped then bios came up, I reinstalled windows 10 on my HDD, and when I open disk partitions "Disk 1" SSD has 2 partitions [1 hidden]. it says "read-only" . when I go into command prompt and do " attribute disk...
  10. SSD stuck in read only and offline

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SSD stuck in read only and offline: My pc kept blue-screening, boot loops, recovery loops. then it stopped then bios came up, I reinstalled windows 10 on my HDD, and when I open disk partitions "Disk 1" SSD has 2 partitions [1 hidden]. it says "read-only" . when I go into command prompt and do " attribute disk...