Windows 10: Read only stuck

Discus and support Read only stuck in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I have an issue tgat all folders are read only now at all drives, i tried to remove it using mant ways from remove the mark by mouse , ir use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fadi.m.s, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Fadi.m.s Win User

Read only stuck

Hello

I have an issue tgat all folders are read only now at all drives, i tried to remove it using mant ways from remove the mark by mouse , ir use attrib command but each time i found that read only is appearing again . Also i checked the permission where i have tge full control.

I notice tgat all newfilders being created will also having the read only checked from the creation time.

I feel tgat it is a virus but i used windows defender , kaspersky, avast and sopho all of them did not found any thing.

I firnated all the drives that i have and reinstalled windows and direct with no other software is installed i checked the folders at c drive and i found the sane issue , also with the new folders that being created.

Kindly any help in that,

I feel it is a virus in bios or in a hidden drive that change policies!

Is that sometging can be solved?

Note that this issue at botge windows 7 64 professional and windows 10 64

Regards

:)

Fadi.m.s, Dec 18, 2019
  2. aronchick Win User

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Dec 18, 2019
  3. erocker Win User
    RealTemp readings stuck

If I'm not mistaken the temperature reading in your bios is taken from the CPU socket. Your on die CPU sensors are stuck.

erocker, Dec 18, 2019
  4. Read only stuck

is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

Read only stuck

1. Read only stuck - Similar Threads - Read stuck

2. Trying to format my NVME, but it's stuck in read-only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to format my NVME, but it's stuck in read-only: So I received a 1Tb M.2 NVME from a friend and plan on using it in my PC build. He said it already had Windows 10 on it, but when I tried to boot with it, it immediately went into automatic repair mode. When I selected the option to proceed to Windows, it just re-opened...
  3. Trying to format my NVME, but it's stuck in read-only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to format my NVME, but it's stuck in read-only: So I received a 1Tb M.2 NVME from a friend and plan on using it in my PC build. He said it already had Windows 10 on it, but when I tried to boot with it, it immediately went into automatic repair mode. When I selected the option to proceed to Windows, it just re-opened...
  4. Trying to format my NVME, but it's stuck in read-only

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Brand News Samsung SSD T7 stuck in read-only mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand News Samsung SSD T7 stuck in read-only mode: Hi everyone! Basically what the title says: I have purchased a brand new Samsung SSD T7 from Amazon last week, to use as a photography archive, and it is now stuck in read-only mode.A bit of context: the day I received it, I went and did a photoshoot, then copied the entire...
  6. Brand News Samsung SSD T7 stuck in read-only mode

Brand News Samsung SSD T7 stuck in read-only mode: Hi everyone! Basically what the title says: I have purchased a brand new Samsung SSD T7 from Amazon last week, to use as a photography archive, and it is now stuck in read-only mode.A bit of context: the day I received it, I went and did a photoshoot, then copied the entire...
  7. "Read from" within Magnifier getting "stuck" on, unable to click buttons etc

"Read from" within Magnifier getting "stuck" on, unable to click buttons etc: This has been an ongoing issue for many, many months now and I don't know why or how it happens. It is intermittent and has occurred on two separate laptops of differing brands Dell, ASUS, on both Windows 10 and Windows 11, using multiple different USB keyboards Logitech,...
  8. "Read from" within Magnifier getting "stuck" on, unable to click buttons etc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Read from" within Magnifier getting "stuck" on, unable to click buttons etc: This has been an ongoing issue for many, many months now and I don't know why or how it happens. It is intermittent and has occurred on two separate laptops of differing brands Dell, ASUS, on both Windows 10 and Windows 11, using multiple different USB keyboards Logitech,...
  9. Disk drive stuck in Read-only state despite diskpart claiming to have successfully cleared...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk drive stuck in Read-only state despite diskpart claiming to have successfully cleared...: My D drive disk Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus is stuck in Read Only mode.I tried to remove read only via diskpart, and it said it cleared successfully, however as you can see from the screenshots Current Read Only State is still equal to Yes.Can anyone provide any suggestions? Any...
  10. Disk drive stuck in Read-only state despite diskpart claiming to have successfully cleared...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk drive stuck in Read-only state despite diskpart claiming to have successfully cleared...: My D drive disk Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus is stuck in Read Only mode.I tried to remove read only via diskpart, and it said it cleared successfully, however as you can see from the screenshots Current Read Only State is still equal to Yes.Can anyone provide any suggestions? Any...