Windows 10: Read-only USB and ESENT error

Discus and support Read-only USB and ESENT error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a problem I don't know how to solve. - I have a USB with an "only-read" state (no viruses, probably from taking it out without the proper... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RutiKiwi, Nov 21, 2019.

1. RutiKiwi Win User

Read-only USB and ESENT error

I have a problem I don't know how to solve.

- I have a USB with an "only-read" state (no viruses, probably from taking it out without the proper measures).

- I have tried multiples times to clear the read-only problem to be able to format the USB. I have tried using "DiskPart.exe", selecting the unit I am having problems with and executing "attribute disk clear readonly".

- When I try to execute "clean" or to make sure it is not "read-only" anymore, "diskpart.exe" says "their have been an error...check the system's Event Viewer to obtain more information".

- I then find out that the problem is source: ESENT, ID: 455.

From here, I have no idea how to solve the problem. How do I get my USB unit to not be read-only so I can format it? And also, how do I solve the ESENT that keeps happening?

Thank you very much,

Kiwi

:)

RutiKiwi, Nov 21, 2019
  2. pjcamp Win User

Undocumented ESENT error code 0x800000 WON'T SHUT UP

The beta feature EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled in ESENT due to the beta site mode settings 0x800000

My computer makes a noise every 3 or 4 minutes. The event viewer shows this message. I found a list of ESENT error codes elsewhere on this site. That one is not on the list.

There are no circumstances under which Windows should issue an error sound without a dialog box explaining what the sound is for, nor issue an error code that is undocumented. I'm tempted to just turn off that sound but then I might miss something actually
    important.

pjcamp, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    ESENT 916

Thank you for the updates. Can you give me the full details of the error using the Event Viewer? When the error happens or shows, do these steps:

1. Press Windows key on your keyboard, type Event Viewer and select the search result.
    2. On the left hand pane, click Windows Logs, and select
      Application
    3. On the Source column, there should be an ESENT
      with an Event ID of 916. Click the item and on the bottom pane, copy the information on the General tab and paste it here.

For now, according to my research, this may be closely related to hard drives. Can you give me information on what is the make and model of your hard drive?

I'll be waiting for your reply.

Ian Ser, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Read-only USB and ESENT error

Error ESENT Event ID 413 Logging/Recovery

I was getting over 50 ESENT errors in the event viewer after each reboot. I tried SFC /SCANNOW, DISM, CHKDSK /R. It did not work.........................

I then created a new profile, rebooted and logged in with the new profile. The ESENT errors are now gone. The system runs smooth. Many other errors that event viewer was listing are also gone now.
    The old profile was corrupt. The new profile works great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

d8f05c48-09bc-4db8-a829-23b1ea0b23ce, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Read-only USB and ESENT error

1. Read-only USB and ESENT error - Similar Threads - Read USB ESENT

2. changing a USB drive that is a read only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing a USB drive that is a read only: changing a USB drive that is a read only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-a-usb-drive-that-is-a-read-only/8a92c136-af0d-4610-9681-73e37a5a7660
  3. Read only fat32 usb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Read only fat32 usb: I have a REALLY old fat32 formatted usb with 8gigs on it that is somehow formatted to read only. how would i go about regaining ownership? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only-fat32-usb/f80270e1-b65f-4791-9762-418466d4822e
  4. Read only fat32 usb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Read only fat32 usb: I have a REALLY old fat32 formatted usb with 8gigs on it that is somehow formatted to read only. how would i go about regaining ownership? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only-fat32-usb/f80270e1-b65f-4791-9762-418466d4822e
  5. Read only fat32 usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. USB not working (read-only)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB not working (read-only): [ATTACH] Please can someone Enlighten me just WHAT THE HELL am I supposed to do here. how to clear current read-only state!! At first it started giving error during format then I cleared read-only but I did not pay attention to (CURRENT READ-ONLY STATE : YES) then when I...
  7. Esent errors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Esent errors: Log Name: Application Source: ESENT Date: 6/17/2020 9:22:14 AM Event ID: 642 Task Category: General Level: Warning Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: TIMS-PC Description: Video.UI 6432,R,98...
  8. ESENT Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ESENT Error: HP Support was having difficulty helping me set up a wireless printer. I solved the problem by reverting to a USB cabled printer. Then I started to look at errors in the event viewer to try to figure what was wrong. Lots of errors, so I rebooted, then restarted the xfinity...
  9. Read Only Error!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Read Only Error!: Hi, im a hardcore Wow player, recently i encountered a problem that wont let me play wow due to my folders not able to being write wow files on my windows 7. the was a message when ever i tried to run wow and that was "The CAS system was unable to initialize: Client...
  10. esent error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    esent error: I reinstalled my os as problems and i am getting error in event viewer with SettingSyncHost but only attached the main one Log Name: Application Source: ESENT Date: 12/09/2015 19:11:40 Event ID: 488 Task Category: (1) Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A...