Windows 10: Read Smart Card from Hyper-V Guest

Discus and support Read Smart Card from Hyper-V Guest in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We are using Windows 10 as a Hyper-V guest, and have Windows 10 as a Hyper-V Guest. There is a standard Smart Card reader attached to the physical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GeraldS34, Feb 21, 2024.

1. GeraldS34 Win User

Read Smart Card from Hyper-V Guest

We are using Windows 10 as a Hyper-V guest, and have Windows 10 as a Hyper-V Guest. There is a standard Smart Card reader attached to the physical hostomnikey card reader , but we can not get the smart card to be read from the Hyper-V Guest.Does anybody have any experience or success with such a configuration?We have updated driver on both host and guest, still can not get the smart card to be read from the guest.

:)

GeraldS34, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

Read Smart Card from Hyper-V Guest

1. Read Smart Card from Hyper-V Guest - Similar Threads - Read Smart Card

2. Read Smart Card from Hyper-V Guest

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Read Smart Card from Hyper-V Guest: We are using Windows 10 as a Hyper-V guest, and have Windows 10 as a Hyper-V Guest. There is a standard Smart Card reader attached to the physical hostomnikey card reader , but we can not get the smart card to be read from the Hyper-V Guest.Does anybody have any experience or...
  3. Read Smart Card from Hyper-V Guest

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Read Smart Card from Hyper-V Guest: We are using Windows 10 as a Hyper-V guest, and have Windows 10 as a Hyper-V Guest. There is a standard Smart Card reader attached to the physical hostomnikey card reader , but we can not get the smart card to be read from the Hyper-V Guest.Does anybody have any experience or...
  4. Credential Guard ON but not working in Hyper V guest.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Credential Guard ON but not working in Hyper V guest.: I am running a Windows Server 2022 Standard Edition Eval Build 20348 in Hyper V on a Windows 11 22H2 host machine. Even after enabling Credential Guard, I can see the NTLM hash. What am I doing wrong?The following is the screenshot from System InformationFrom Device...
  5. Credential Guard ON but not working in Hyper V guest.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Credential Guard ON but not working in Hyper V guest.: I am running a Windows Server 2022 Standard Edition Eval Build 20348 in Hyper V on a Windows 11 22H2 host machine. Even after enabling Credential Guard, I can see the NTLM hash. What am I doing wrong?The following is the screenshot from System InformationFrom Device...
  6. Smart Card not reading CAC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Smart Card not reading CAC: Hi, After a microsoft update a few months ago my smart card reader no longer recognize my CAC. When I would try to log onto military sites, it would say no certificates present. On activclient middleware, it would say no card reader detected. I am using a SCR331 and a...
  7. Hyper-V and Windows 10 Guest speed

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V and Windows 10 Guest speed: What are the best memory settings for a Windows 10 Guest on Hyper-V? 16 Gb of physical memory 127556
  8. No full screen console in Windows XP running as Hyper-V guest

No full screen console in Windows XP running as Hyper-V guest: I have an old DOS program that runs fine in a console window under native Windows XP. I've setup a shortcut on the XP machines and selected full screen. When the application runs it opens full screen. On a Windows 10 with a Hyper-V instance of Windows XP the application is...
  9. Hyper-V unable to configure network for guest OS - no network

Hyper-V unable to configure network for guest OS - no network: I am running Hyper-V on Windows 10 Pro and trying to install CentOS 6 on a VM. I define an external virtual switch, create a VM, specifying the use of the external virtual switch. I have 2 NICs on the host system, both with network access and internet access. The external...
  10. Hyper-v guest internet connection lost after booting as VHDX.

Hyper-v guest internet connection lost after booting as VHDX.: Hello, I am running Windows 10 Pro (10240) and have a guest Windows 10 VM (10528) which were working fine. Both were activated and connected to internet correctly. Today I booted the VM as native boot VHDX. This installed some drivers, connected to internet and...