Windows 10: READ WRITE BITS and BYTES

Discus and support READ WRITE BITS and BYTES in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, When setting up a chip, I have to WRITE specific BITs into the registers. In order to check them, I then READ them back. When I READ I see them on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Camerart, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Camerart Win User

READ WRITE BITS and BYTES

Hi,
    When setting up a chip, I have to WRITE specific BITs into the registers.
    In order to check them, I then READ them back.
    When I READ I see them on a serial output as Ascii Decimal, so not as writen to the chip which would lokk like this e,g, 0x1B.
    What method do you use to mentally or otherwise check them when you do similar please?
    Camerart.

Camerart, Sep 26, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Slow HDD read and write speeds

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will require a few more information from you to help you further with the issue. Please reply with the following details:

• In which device are you facing this issue?
    • Are you using an external HDD or internal HDD?
    • Are you getting the read and write speed issue on any particular application?

However, you can Disk Defragment on your computer to optimize the drive. To run Disk Defragment please follow the steps from the article

Defragment your Windows 10 PC

Alternatively, you can check for the read and write speed of the HDD in task manager. Please follow the steps mentioned below to check the read and write speed of the hard drive:

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key together on the keyboard.
    2. Click on Performance tab.
    3. Click on Disk 0.
    4. You will find the Read speed and
      Write speed
      at the bottom of the window.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Sep 26, 2020
  4. READ WRITE BITS and BYTES

MsMpEng.exe use large amount of I/O write bytes

No no... I'm NOT talking about High CPU, or even high IO Read.

I'm talking about high IO Write.

Writing to Hard Disk for scanning? That's inexplicable.

Go ahead and check it on your own Task Manager. (You need to add the I/O Write Bytes column under the Details tab).

Clement.Yip, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

READ WRITE BITS and BYTES

1. READ WRITE BITS and BYTES - Similar Threads - READ WRITE BITS

2. understanding reading and writing on SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    understanding reading and writing on SSD: Good day. I was wondering if someone could answer the following. Whenever I copy from my C partition on an SSD and paste into a different storage device (HDD, USB flash drive, RAMdisk), am I reading and / or writing on the original SSD? More generally, what actions constitute...
  3. Read and write encrypted file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Read and write encrypted file: Hi I have created an encrypted file using AES , stored this encrypted file into a folder in my D drive . This encrypted file consists of junk characters .My next task is to read that file . I have tried methods such as _tfopen_s and _wfopen_s etc. but I could not able to...
  4. Disk read/write issue

Disk read/write issue: Does anybody know how to find out exactly what is read/writing to a specific disk drive? People have recommended resource monitor, but it doesn't allow me to isolate a specific drive. It just shows me if there's activity on a drive, and it shows me an enormous amount of...
  5. read and write permission problem

read and write permission problem: hi all i created a share folder in windows server 2019 for windows 7 and windows 10 client, and assign READ and WRITEcopy and paste, not allow modify and delete permission to this share folder in windows 7 clients, i can save any file to this folder, everything is fine....
  6. MBR FAT16 READ WRITE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MBR FAT16 READ WRITE: Hi, I am running Win 10 VS 2013 dev environment. I have a USB 25MEG SSD that is bootable. I want to read the MBR from one USB 25MEG SSD then write the MBR to another. Any recommendations? I don't mind writing my own utility, but where to start. Boyd...
  7. cd/dvd not reading/writing

cd/dvd not reading/writing: I have a hp notebook series 2000 laptop and my computer recognizes drive E as the cd/dvd drive and opens tray and says please insert disc. but when a disc is inserted it still tells me to insert disc. I've tried a few different brands and none of them are registering and...
  8. Read and write speed

Read and write speed: Hello and my name is Lorenzo. I have an HDD that has a sequential read of 200mbs and a write of 187. I am getting 2mbs when downloading from steam. My hard drive in the device manager says ST2000dm006-2dm164. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  9. SSD read write concern

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD read write concern: I have a 512gb ssd from Samsung. I sometimes record with FBX game recorder. But then the recordings dont meet my standards and i delete the files. Does this do read writes to my ssd? Will this damage my ssd? the files are a bit big, like 500mb-2gb sometimes. 115631
  10. Write to read only memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Write to read only memory: I have had two BSODs this morning, the first was PFN list corrupt closely followed by Write to read only memory. This is a clean install of Windows 10, I thought it might cure the BSODs but no such luck. So glad to find this forum. Attachment 82075 51621