Windows 10: Reading A File Created In WORD On A Mac On A PC ?

Discus and support Reading A File Created In WORD On A Mac On A PC ? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello, Thanks for all the previous help over the years. Can really use some advice with this, as I'm pretty well lost on what to do. That old age... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Robert11, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Robert11 Win User

Reading A File Created In WORD On A Mac On A PC ?

Hello, Thanks for all the previous help over the years. Can really use some advice with this, as I'm pretty well lost on what to do. That old age problem again, I guess. I have a document on my MAC created with MS WORD. I want to put it on a USB stick and give it to someone who only has a W10 PC. They do not have MS WORD on their pc. I tried installing Libre Office on their pc, but it won't install for some reason. Instal always hangs up. Is there another program I can try installing on their pc that would read my original document created on my MAC with MS WORD ? It would be read off of the USB stick, as noted. Any other suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks, Bob

:)

Robert11, Aug 2, 2021

2. Word on Mac and Windows

Thanks for this reply.

It is not keeping same fonts in both versions, but you see the equations, line spacing, etc., are changed and the file in Mac looks stupid.

I will try to attach photos of both later.

Another problem, in Word windows , you can choose

Options, Advanced, Show document content, Numeral: Arabic, Hindi, Context, System

These steps are missing in Word Mac

Best Regards

WaheedAlmasry, Aug 2, 2021
  3. Word on Mac and Windows

Hi Waheed,

Thank you for your message in this forum.

As John said, formatting issue may be related to the fonts used on the PC that are not installed on Mac, On the PC side, find out what font and version of the font is being used. Then on the Mac, use
    Font Book or other utility to make sure the same font and font version is active on the Mac. May I know if you have referred to the advice of John? Has you problem has been solved?
    If the problem persists, you can come back and we will continue to help you.

If the scenario above is not consistent with yours, I want to conform the information below with you to better understand your situation:

1. Could you provide the version of Word on Mac and Windows? For Word in Windows: you can go to Word > File > Account > Product Information and provide the screenshot of it. For Word on Mac, you can go to Word > About Word and provide the screenshot
      of it.
    2. Could you provide the screenshot of different formatting on the same page? Could you explain more details about different formatting on the same page?
    3. Do all the files have the same problem? You can create a new file to check if the same problem will occur.

Best Regards,

Sukie

Sukie Qi MSFT, Aug 2, 2021
  4. Reading A File Created In WORD On A Mac On A PC ?

Word on Mac and Windows

I use my desktop computer based on Windows 10 to create word files. When I travel I have Mac Pro laptop that I use to read, modify or continue editing word files. The problem I found that the two Words are not the same. The document in Mac Pro Word does
    not hold the same formatting of the Windows document? How to fix this problem?

WaheedAlmasry, Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

Reading A File Created In WORD On A Mac On A PC ?

1. Reading A File Created In WORD On A Mac On A PC ? - Similar Threads - Reading File Created

2. Word for Mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word for Mac: I recently downloaded office Word for my new macbook pro. the spell checker and grammar checker are greyed out and not functioning. How can I turn them on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-for-mac/0b7d0e7a-e255-40ed-bfc7-8f9433179a67
  3. Word for Mac

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word for Mac: I recently downloaded office Word for my new macbook pro. the spell checker and grammar checker are greyed out and not functioning. How can I turn them on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-for-mac/0b7d0e7a-e255-40ed-bfc7-8f9433179a67
  4. TRANSFERRING FILES FROM A PC TO A MAC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TRANSFERRING FILES FROM A PC TO A MAC: I am trying to use the Windows migration tool to transfer my files from my Surface to a Macbook. I am being asked to go to RUN, type cmd, then the extension chkdsk. When I do this access is denied and says a firewall is blocking everything. I turn off windows defender and it...
  5. Creating a Bootable drive on a mac for my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating a Bootable drive on a mac for my PC: Hello Everyone, I am attempting to join you all with windows and have just build my first PC! I have the iso file but am having some trouble on how to create a bootable drive on my MacBook pro (2018) for my new PC. Please help! submitted by /u/jheezbruv [link] [comments]...
  6. "Word could not create the work file" error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Word could not create the work file" error: I asked this question recently, but I've pinpointed the action that causes it, so I'm reposting it in the Windows area. When I have the Preview pane open in the file explorer, I get a dialog with "Word could not create the work file. Check the temp environment variable"....
  7. Playing a MAC file on W10 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Playing a MAC file on W10 PC: I've got windows 10 on my PC. I have a neighbor that has a MAC using it for their security system. They gave me a USB drive to show the people trying to break in to their front door so I could see what happened. I cannot convert the seven MAC .mp4 files to view on my PC. I...
  8. Creating bootable USB on a Mac.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating bootable USB on a Mac.: I downloaded the latest ISO from Microsoft and used Unetbottin to create a bootable USB on my Mac. When I turned my PC on, I went to BIOS and it recognises the UEFI usb option and I selected it. The installation started but a few mins in ingot an error:...
  9. Reading pdf files in Word

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Reading pdf files in Word: How can I use Word 2013 and Word 365 to open a .pdf file? If I right click on the .pdf file and choose Open With, no Word exist in the list. Thank you. 138482
  10. Save Word doc on Windows for Mac

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save Word doc on Windows for Mac: I just tried saving a file, the same way I have done for years and am now getting an error code and cannot save a file.[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-word-doc-on-windows-for-mac/c39779b3-a69f-416f-a436-92c425c7f203"