Windows 10: Reading Apps

Discus and support Reading Apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have made Notepad my default app for opening documents. How do I undo this? Thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RosieDuthie, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Reading Apps

I have made Notepad my default app for opening documents. How do I undo this?

Thanks.

:)

RosieDuthie, Sep 10, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 10, 2018
  3. Reading List in Edge VS Reader App in Windows 10

Thanks for reply. Much appreciated.

I'm sure that adding feedback will 'fall on deaf ears' but I will leave feedback. The feedback is why in the Reading List app does the 'what's new' section suggest "moving your list to Microsoft Edge once you've upgrade to Windows 10" when as you say above
    its 'by design' that articles from other apps may be saved to Reader app but you wont be able to add the articles from other apps to Reading list in Edge!!! Makes no sense to me that the Reading List app is best serves Windows 8.1 as they say.

Tigger Ireland, Sep 10, 2018
  4. Reading Apps

Windows 10 Reading List App

Windows 10 Reading List App update ready in store
    Version 6.3.9654.21199
    Updated and installed OK

hTconeM9user, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

Reading Apps

1. Reading Apps - Similar Threads - Reading Apps

2. Xbox accessories app not opening: error reads "Windows OS update required" but all windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox accessories app not opening: error reads "Windows OS update required" but all windows...: I have downloaded the Xbox Accessories app to remap my Elite Series 2 controller but I cant even open the app due to an error upon opening saying "Windows OS Update Required." I have refreshed the windows update many times and everything is up to date....
  3. Xbox accessories app not opening: error reads "Windows OS update required" but all windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox accessories app not opening: error reads "Windows OS update required" but all windows...: I have downloaded the Xbox Accessories app to remap my Elite Series 2 controller but I cant even open the app due to an error upon opening saying "Windows OS Update Required." I have refreshed the windows update many times and everything is up to date....
  4. what app do i need to read about the recently installed updates

what app do i need to read about the recently installed updates: just installed new update, went to see what it included but dont have the required reader. went to the store but didnt know what reader to install...
  5. what app do i need to read about the recently installed updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what app do i need to read about the recently installed updates: just installed new update, went to see what it included but dont have the required reader. went to the store but didnt know what reader to install...
  6. Windows 11: text on popup and apps is too tiny to read. Going blind!! I will have to buy...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: text on popup and apps is too tiny to read. Going blind!! I will have to buy...: Text is too small to read on popup and dropdown menu and apps. I cannot continue using my PC if I can't fix it. I believe this all happened when I updated to Windows 11....
  7. Windows 11: text on popup and apps is too tiny to read. Going blind!! I will have to buy...

Windows 11: text on popup and apps is too tiny to read. Going blind!! I will have to buy...: Text is too small to read on popup and dropdown menu and apps. I cannot continue using my PC if I can't fix it. I believe this all happened when I updated to Windows 11....
  8. How to find out browser required from URL for its data read by Desktop App Power Query?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find out browser required from URL for its data read by Desktop App Power Query?: For Windows 10 Enterprise, I need help to find out why online App Concur requires IE11 when its data is being read programmatically by Desktop App Microsoft Power Query.Edge is my default browser IE11 is disabled for site reload. Edge works perfectly for human interaction...
  9. How to find out browser required from URL for its data read by Desktop App Power Query?

How to find out browser required from URL for its data read by Desktop App Power Query?: For Windows 10 Enterprise, I need help to find out why online App Concur requires IE11 when its data is being read programmatically by Desktop App Microsoft Power Query.Edge is my default browser IE11 is disabled for site reload. Edge works perfectly for human interaction...
  10. How to find out browser required from URL for its data read by Desktop App Power Query?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing