Windows 10: reading error logs

Discus and support reading error logs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; is there someone who is able to understand setupact and setuperr logs please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bigusbrian, Sep 28, 2020.

1. reading error logs

is there someone who is able to understand setupact and setuperr logs please

:)

bigusbrian, Sep 28, 2020

2. Error Log Reading

Hi ankurshaswat.

Sorry I can't tell from logs but all data appears to be very old. Like September. Here is a list of quick fixes that can help from an MS article.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/win...dy_UpgradeTips
    Quick fixes The following steps can resolve many Windows upgrade problems.

• Remove nonessential external hardware, such as docks and USB devices.
    • Check all hard drives for errors and attempt repairs. To automatically repair hard drives, open an elevated command prompt, switch to the drive you wish to repair, and type the following command. You will be required to reboot the computer if the hard drive being repaired is also the system drive.
      • chkdsk /F
    • Attempt to restore and repair system files by typing the following commands at an elevated command prompt. It may take several minutes for the command operations to be completed. For more information, see Repair a Windows Image.
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      • sfc /scannow
    • Update Windows so that all available recommended updates are installed, and ensure the computer is rebooted if this is necessary to complete installation of an update.
    • Uninstall non-Microsoft antivirus software.
      • Use Windows Defender for protection during the upgrade.
      • Verify compatibility information and re-install antivirus applications after the upgrade.
    • Uninstall all nonessential software.
    • Update firmware and drivers.
    • Ensure that "Download and install updates (recommended)" is accepted at the start of the upgrade process.
    • Verify at least 16 GB of free space is available to upgrade a 32-bit OS, or 20 GB for a 64-bit OS.

Once you done all of the above could I suggest you follow this tutorial to install the upgrade. While non destructive I would recommend backing up all data off device.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Then repost the logs please.

Caledon Ken, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Sep 28, 2020
  4. reading error logs

New TechPowerUp Forums, Early Access

So far I like it with just a few issues, and they are minor.

• The name of the person who created the thread and the date is really lite and hard to read for me.
    • When you are logged in the thread titles are in bold and look great, but when you are logged out they are normal, and very hard to read. We have a lot of users that come, and do not login. So, I suggest changing it to where everything is bold if you are not logged in.
      • logged in

reading error logs NewForum.jpg

• Logged out

reading error logs Logout.jpg

Mindweaver, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

reading error logs

1. reading error logs - Similar Threads - reading error logs

2. DVD Error in Reading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD Error in Reading: Today I found a very old DVD in my collection. It was first written on it in 2007, like it is shown on it. The problem is, although it does not have bad scratches on it, my PC processes it VERY slow. Just clicking on it, it takes like 2 minutes of working. And when I finally...
  3. Reading Book Log Template/App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reading Book Log Template/App: Does Microsoft have a 'reading book log' template?I always see on social media these digital reading book logs and wonder how I could create my own. However, Microsoft Word/Excel/OneNote etc do not have any templates available or have any of the tools available to create such...
  4. Reading Book Log Template/App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reading Book Log Template/App: Does Microsoft have a 'reading book log' template?I always see on social media these digital reading book logs and wonder how I could create my own. However, Microsoft Word/Excel/OneNote etc do not have any templates available or have any of the tools available to create such...
  5. Raw read error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Raw read error: Hiwhat is raw read error rate?Does my hdd raw read error rate is high?is it failing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/raw-read-error/3ae7e054-01e3-49ef-84ff-6b40239dd5b0
  6. Disk read error.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk read error.: my laptop is jut displaying a screen sying that a disk read error has occured and i have to restart it by clicking on Alt, Ctrl, Del buttons. but its still not working when i press the buttons....
  7. looking for a log viewer/analyzer to read the Windows firewall log

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    looking for a log viewer/analyzer to read the Windows firewall log: I've just started to log my firewall connections. I'm looking for a log viewer/analyzer to read the log. What is everybody's favorite. A big plus for free or cheap software, open source or proprietary, don't matter to me. But I'm willing to pay if it can provide really good...
  8. Reading File Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reading File Error: Hi every body, Sorry for my poor English. I have a Program 32-bit from time of Windows XP. In Windows 8.1 it is working normaly, no issues at all. In Windows 10, with UAC Enabled, the Programm starts but when I try to read/save its configuration file therre comes a error...
  9. Who can read enclosed error log?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Who can read enclosed error log?: Hello every1: Is anyone here able to read enclosed error log? It was created right after very long try to start my PC (a tad old) which I upgraded from Win7 Ultimate some time ago. I've done it in safe mode after about 45 minutes since computer was turned on and I couldn't...
  10. Error Log Reading

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Error Log Reading: Can anyone tell me the reason for creators update failure on my device by looking at the following logs i found in the Panther folder ?drive-download-20180119T143317Z-001.zip 102690