Windows 10: Reading Linux (LibreElec) HDDs in Windows

Discus and support Reading Linux (LibreElec) HDDs in Windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been trying for months to get my Windows 10 workstations to talk to my LibreElec KODI Box.. It used to work, but then MS (in their... er..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Michale32086, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Reading Linux (LibreElec) HDDs in Windows

I have been trying for months to get my Windows 10 workstations to talk to my LibreElec KODI Box..

It used to work, but then MS (in their... er.. infinite wisdom) decided to change the SMB format and all network connectivity was lost..

After months of trying to get them to play nice together (share files), I have decided to simply replace the LibreElec box with a Windows 10 box..

Of course, THAT wouldn't go smoothly either.. Turns out that the 10 TB hard drives will not open their data to a mere Windows machine.. *Sad

Is there any way to read a LINUX HD in a windows box without losing all the data???

Any help would be most appreciated...

:)

Michale32086, Mar 16, 2020

2. Reading Linux (LibreElec) HDs in Windows

I have been trying for months to get my Windows 10 workstations to talk to my LibreElec KODI Box..

It used to work, but then MS (in their... er.. infinite wisdom) decided to change the SMB format and all network connectivity was lost..

After months of trying to get them to play nice together (share files), I have decided to simply replace the LibreElec box with a Windows 10 box..

Of course, THAT wouldn't go smoothly either.. Turns out that the 10 TB hard drives will not open their data to a mere Windows machine.. *Sad

Is there any way to read a LINUX HD in a windows box without losing all the data???

Any help would be most appreciated...

Michale32086, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Reading Linux (LibreElec) HDDs in Windows

Slow HDD read and write speeds

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will require a few more information from you to help you further with the issue. Please reply with the following details:

• In which device are you facing this issue?
    • Are you using an external HDD or internal HDD?
    • Are you getting the read and write speed issue on any particular application?

However, you can Disk Defragment on your computer to optimize the drive. To run Disk Defragment please follow the steps from the article

Defragment your Windows 10 PC

Alternatively, you can check for the read and write speed of the HDD in task manager. Please follow the steps mentioned below to check the read and write speed of the hard drive:

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key together on the keyboard.
    2. Click on Performance tab.
    3. Click on Disk 0.
    4. You will find the Read speed and
      Write speed
      at the bottom of the window.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Reading Linux (LibreElec) HDDs in Windows

1. Reading Linux (LibreElec) HDDs in Windows - Similar Threads - Reading Linux LibreElec

2. Upgrade from BIOS to UEFI with dualboot? win + linux, 2 hdds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from BIOS to UEFI with dualboot? win + linux, 2 hdds: Hello MS forum,I have a Lenovo IdeaCenter with a dualboot on it. It was originally carried over from a BIOS-based Optiplex that was my daily driver until recently. I have two HDDs: a 1TB drive with Windows 10 Pro on it, and a 2TB drive with Ubuntu 20.04 on it. I have been...
  3. Upgrade from BIOS to UEFI with dualboot? win + linux, 2 hdds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from BIOS to UEFI with dualboot? win + linux, 2 hdds: Hello MS forum,I have a Lenovo IdeaCenter with a dualboot on it. It was originally carried over from a BIOS-based Optiplex that was my daily driver until recently. I have two HDDs: a 1TB drive with Windows 10 Pro on it, and a 2TB drive with Ubuntu 20.04 on it. I have been...
  4. Upgrade from BIOS to UEFI with dualboot? win + linux, 2 hdds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 does not read Linux tree

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 does not read Linux tree: After installing WSL 2 and installing a few Linux VMs, Windows Explorer starts displaying a Linux tree, but whenever I try to access it, I get the following error:"\\wsl.localhost is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the...
  6. Windows 11 does not read Linux tree

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 does not read Linux tree: After installing WSL 2 and installing a few Linux VMs, Windows Explorer starts displaying a Linux tree, but whenever I try to access it, I get the following error:"\\wsl.localhost is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the...
  7. floppy disks dont read in windows, but do read in linux?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    floppy disks dont read in windows, but do read in linux?: I was looking at some old disks, cleaning up and figuring out things and found out the windows simply has severe issues with my floppies, most all were made on windows 95,98,ME. some are boot disks. Window looks at for a while, then says disc needs formatting. And if you try...
  8. HDDs

HDDs: dose windows 10 changes the HDD from MBR to GBT or vise versa automatically, if so is it wipe it out or the data still there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdds/be966c48-b80c-4b05-b8d0-56fedab7e10e
  9. Reading Linux (LibreElec) HDs in Windows

Reading Linux (LibreElec) HDs in Windows: I have been trying for months to get my Windows 10 workstations to talk to my LibreElec KODI Box.. It used to work, but then MS (in their... er.. infinite wisdom) decided to change the SMB format and all network connectivity was lost.. After months of trying to get them to...
  10. Read Ubuntu Linux ex3/4 Files in Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Read Ubuntu Linux ex3/4 Files in Windows: Does anyone have any thoughts / experiences with apps that allow accessing Ubuntu ext3/4 file systems through Windows? 114915