Windows 10: Reading Linux (LibreElec) HDs in Windows

Discus and support Reading Linux (LibreElec) HDs in Windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been trying for months to get my Windows 10 workstations to talk to my LibreElec KODI Box.. It used to work, but then MS (in their... er..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Michale32086, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Reading Linux (LibreElec) HDs in Windows

I have been trying for months to get my Windows 10 workstations to talk to my LibreElec KODI Box..

It used to work, but then MS (in their... er.. infinite wisdom) decided to change the SMB format and all network connectivity was lost..

After months of trying to get them to play nice together (share files), I have decided to simply replace the LibreElec box with a Windows 10 box..

Of course, THAT wouldn't go smoothly either.. Turns out that the 10 TB hard drives will not open their data to a mere Windows machine.. *Sad

Is there any way to read a LINUX HD in a windows box without losing all the data???

Any help would be most appreciated...

:)

Michale32086, Mar 14, 2020
  2. Silverel Win User

Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Switch to Linux ??

Find a suitable Linux forum and request comments from people who converted from Linux to Windows, in particular on

• Stability
    • Ease of use
    • Availability of external help in case of trouble
    • Availability of applications, games
    • Data exchange with the Windows world

Frederik Long, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Reading Linux (LibreElec) HDs in Windows

Windows Subsystem Linux

Hello,

We would like to know more about the issue you're experiencing with using
    Windows Subsystem for Linux
    . Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you developing a program, an app, or a software for Linux?
    • Is your Window 10 PC connected to a domain?
    • Are you managing a Windows Server PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you tell us the Version and OS build of your Windows 10 device? You can find this information by clicking the
      Start button, type About your PC, and then press
      Enter.

We need the following information in order to determine if we need to refer your concern to the
    TechNet forums or the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) forums.

For now, we suggest reviewing these support articles to find out if there's an issue with the installation of
    Windows Subsystem for Linux:

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Reading Linux (LibreElec) HDs in Windows

1. Reading Linux (LibreElec) HDs in Windows - Similar Threads - Reading Linux LibreElec

2. Need help Reading old formatted HDs on win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help Reading old formatted HDs on win 10: So I found a bunch of my old hard drives, going as far back as Windows 7. They are 2.5 and 3.5. I bought the Vantec kit which adapts every type of drive to usb 3.0. My problem is on the much older, hard drives, they definitely spin, but Windows never sees a hard drive. My...
  3. Need help Reading old formatted HDs on win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help Reading old formatted HDs on win 10: So I found a bunch of my old hard drives, going as far back as Windows 7. They are 2.5 and 3.5. I bought the Vantec kit which adapts every type of drive to usb 3.0. My problem is on the much older, hard drives, they definitely spin, but Windows never sees a hard drive. My...
  4. Need help Reading old formatted HDs on win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 does not read Linux tree

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 does not read Linux tree: After installing WSL 2 and installing a few Linux VMs, Windows Explorer starts displaying a Linux tree, but whenever I try to access it, I get the following error:"\\wsl.localhost is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the...
  6. Windows 11 does not read Linux tree

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 does not read Linux tree: After installing WSL 2 and installing a few Linux VMs, Windows Explorer starts displaying a Linux tree, but whenever I try to access it, I get the following error:"\\wsl.localhost is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the...
  7. floppy disks dont read in windows, but do read in linux?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    floppy disks dont read in windows, but do read in linux?: I was looking at some old disks, cleaning up and figuring out things and found out the windows simply has severe issues with my floppies, most all were made on windows 95,98,ME. some are boot disks. Window looks at for a while, then says disc needs formatting. And if you try...
  8. Reading Linux (LibreElec) HDDs in Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reading Linux (LibreElec) HDDs in Windows: I have been trying for months to get my Windows 10 workstations to talk to my LibreElec KODI Box.. It used to work, but then MS (in their... er.. infinite wisdom) decided to change the SMB format and all network connectivity was lost.. After months of trying to get them to...
  9. Read Ubuntu Linux ex3/4 Files in Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Read Ubuntu Linux ex3/4 Files in Windows: Does anyone have any thoughts / experiences with apps that allow accessing Ubuntu ext3/4 file systems through Windows? 114915
  10. HDs for archive - System and Reserved

in Windows 10 Support
    HDs for archive - System and Reserved: Hello guys.I installed Windows 10 on my computer, a while ago, and had to format.I already had a 1TB HD with my files (videos, photos, games ...) and (obviously) I did not format it because Windows is on an SSD disk.Then I added another 1TB hard drive I got from a friend. I...