Windows 10: reading notepad

Discus and support reading notepad in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All Any help very much appreciated on this. I m only a basic computer user & I am trying to sort out a possible fraud on my Credit File. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TheAdams', Oct 26, 2018.

1. TheAdams' Win User

reading notepad

Hi All

Any help very much appreciated on this. I m only a basic computer user & I am trying to sort out a possible fraud on my Credit File. I've done a search on the files on my computer to find any relevant documents, and this comes as the results:

So, I've tried to open them and I get gibberish:

I don't know what this means....if I have a document or not

Hailp!

:)

TheAdams', Oct 26, 2018

2. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 26, 2018
  3. JCabebe Win User
    Notepad

I followed your suggestion but wasn't able to find Notepad listed on the startup. There are some listed as program but don't know which ones it could be.

JCabebe, Oct 26, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

reading notepad

Notepad consuming cpu 40%

Your screenshot of Task Manager and the notepad.exe properties shows the same size and creation date as in @dalchina's earlier screenshot. So it looks like it is the real notepad that's running.

But - it isn't running the way it should. In your Task Manager there should be a > to the left of notepad, and clicking on it should open up a list of the Notepad instances that are running, along with the name of the document that's open (or 'Untitled - Notepad' if none).

Yours doesn't show that (compare it with dalchina's screenshot). Notepad is running - yes, but not the way it's supposed to. It appears to be in the list of background processes, not in the list of Apps where it should be. Could something be trying to run it as a service? Perhaps some malware set this up, but failed to replace the genuine notepad.exe with its counterfeit one?

As a first step I'd look at the Startup tab in Task Manager for clues.

Thema:

reading notepad

1. reading notepad - Similar Threads - reading notepad

2. How to delete o change Notepad shortcut Ctrl + Shift Right-to-left reading order?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete o change Notepad shortcut Ctrl + Shift Right-to-left reading order?: I use a lot the keys ctrl + shift + left / right arrow, and sometimes a lot I just press ctrl + shift and it change to the Right-to-left reading order and pressing again the shortcut don't disable the Right-to-left reading order option, so I have to right click and disable...
  3. How to delete o change Notepad shortcut Ctrl + Shift Right-to-left reading order?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete o change Notepad shortcut Ctrl + Shift Right-to-left reading order?: I use a lot the keys ctrl + shift + left / right arrow, and sometimes a lot I just press ctrl + shift and it change to the Right-to-left reading order and pressing again the shortcut don't disable the Right-to-left reading order option, so I have to right click and disable...
  4. How to recover lost notepad file? "Please Read Details"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover lost notepad file? "Please Read Details": i lost my notepad file due to my laptop got hanged and then i turned it off. after that my battery got low all of the sudden it shut down. It wasn't saved and unable to find it and it is very important please help me out I don't have a notepadd++...
  5. How to recover lost notepad file? "Please Read Details"

How to recover lost notepad file? "Please Read Details": i lost my notepad file due to my laptop got hanged and then i turned it off. after that my battery got low all of the sudden it shut down. It wasn't saved and unable to find it and it is very important please help me out I don't have a notepadd++...
  6. Is there a way to select onscreen texts, like in Notepad, to read outloud with W10's Narrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to select onscreen texts, like in Notepad, to read outloud with W10's Narrator?: I can't seem to find a way to do this. I don't want Narrator to read everything on my screen like dialog boxes! I just want it to read my select/highlighted texts in Notepad, Word, web browsers' web pages, etc. I can do this easily in macOS and iOS.Thank you for reading and...
  7. Is there a way to select onscreen texts, like in Notepad, to read outloud with W10's Narrator?

Is there a way to select onscreen texts, like in Notepad, to read outloud with W10's Narrator?: I can't seem to find a way to do this. I don't want Narrator to read everything on my screen like dialog boxes! I just want it to read my select/highlighted texts in Notepad, Word, web browsers' web pages, etc. I can do this easily in macOS and iOS.Thank you for reading and...
  8. notepad can't read files, also it shows l l l when typing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notepad can't read files, also it shows l l l when typing.: HelloI am facing a problem with notepad on windows 11. When I try to run txt files in notepad, it shows nothing. Also when I type in notepad it shows l l l l.I tried to search for solution and I found that there is a fix for that by using command DISM /Online /add-Capability...
  9. notepad can't read files, also it shows l l l when typing.

notepad can't read files, also it shows l l l when typing.: HelloI am facing a problem with notepad on windows 11. When I try to run txt files in notepad, it shows nothing. Also when I type in notepad it shows l l l l.I tried to search for solution and I found that there is a fix for that by using command DISM /Online /add-Capability...
  10. Read the Memo on Notepads

Read the Memo on Notepads: If I ever felt like recommending something with great gusto, this sure is one of those times. From Microsoft Store take look at Notepads with an S . Tabs, cosmetics, functions, it's VERY cool If 1 pic = 1k words I just saved 3k with these [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] Cheers,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to read a note pad

2. reading notepad document

3. reading notepad files

4. reading notepad.com,
  5. read notepad,
  6. how am i supposed too be able too read notepad app