Windows 10: Reading Pane in Mail App Disappeared

Discus and support Reading Pane in Mail App Disappeared in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Yesterday afternoon my mail app suddenly decided that I no longer wanted the reading pane off to the right side unless I am in full screen mode. If I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by wniche, Dec 5, 2016.

1. wniche Win User

Reading Pane in Mail App Disappeared

Yesterday afternoon my mail app suddenly decided that I no longer wanted the reading pane off to the right side unless I am in full screen mode. If I open the window wider (but not full screen) it will either let me have the preview screen or the bar off to the left with the list of accounts, but not both. If I open the mail app in full screen it has both the preview pane and the ribbon on the left.
    I'm sure I must have clicked something to make it do this but have no idea what. I've clicked and unclicked "show preview text" a few times and completely restarted once to no avail. What have I done and how do I fix it? I'm using a desktop PC.

:)

wniche, Dec 5, 2016
  2. GLN(2) Win User

No Reading Pane in Mail App

When display size is set to the recommended 200% in settings, the reading pane disappears in the Mail app. When the display size is set to 175%, the reading pane appears. Is there any way of showing the reading pane in Mail for a screen size of 200%?

GLN(2), Dec 5, 2016
  3. DAdams00 Win User
    No Reading Pane in Mail App

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I have the same issue. The 175% works but the recommended 200% removes the reading pane altogether on my 8" tablet as well.

DAdams00, Dec 5, 2016
  4. Reading Pane in Mail App Disappeared

On my mail App my right pane only shows when I click on the mail I want to read
    Hope that is what you are on about

hTconeM9user, Dec 5, 2016
  5. wniche Win User
    No, previously my app always showed ribbon on the left, mail in the middle, pane on the right; even if I didn't have a specific email open. Now it will only show an email if I select it, and it then brings it up in a separate window. I hate that configuration and want the reading pane back.

wniche, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Reading Pane in Mail App Disappeared

1. Reading Pane in Mail App Disappeared - Similar Threads - Reading Pane Mail

2. Preview Pane Reading Pane Disappeared from Microsoft Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preview Pane Reading Pane Disappeared from Microsoft Mail: Not sure if it was related, but after performing the update of my MS 365 Office apps per notice bar in MS Word this morning, the preview pane Reading Pane in Microsoft Mail has disappeared. To view contents of an email message now, I must click it, which opens a whole new...
  3. Preview Pane Reading Pane Disappeared from Microsoft Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preview Pane Reading Pane Disappeared from Microsoft Mail: Not sure if it was related, but after performing the update of my MS 365 Office apps per notice bar in MS Word this morning, the preview pane Reading Pane in Microsoft Mail has disappeared. To view contents of an email message now, I must click it, which opens a whole new...
  4. Change reading pane to bottom in Windows 10 Mail app???

Change reading pane to bottom in Windows 10 Mail app???: There are over 1,000 votes on this topic in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail-winpc/windows-10-mail-app-how-to-change-reading-pane-to/376e1e29-56f1-4552-b173-18d1fef70083 How have the developers not prioritized...
  5. Windows 10 Mail - hiding the reading pane

Windows 10 Mail - hiding the reading pane: How do you hide the reading pane in the Win10 mail app..? note: not talking about the Outlook office app! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-hiding-the-reading-pane/770bf758-fde1-43bc-808a-359ea9dfb86e
  6. Word Wrap in Reading Pane of Mail App?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Word Wrap in Reading Pane of Mail App?: Hi, How can I turn on wrap text in the reading pane of the Default Mail app on my PC running Windows 10? I want to switch to this default Mail app from Google mail in browser because this seems lighter and faster, but having to scroll sideways to read emails is extremely...
  7. Win10 E-mail app, will not scroll the reading pane

Win10 E-mail app, will not scroll the reading pane: Win10 E-mail app, will not scroll the reading pane with my mouse scroll wheel. I have to use the scroll bars to navigate the reading pane. I tried a reset, and still no change. thank you...
  8. Mail Reading pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail Reading pane: Hello, Can anyone tell me how to change the font size for all messages being read in the reading pane? I have adjusted the "view" settings, and have adjusted the size of the preview pane, but it seems that the sender's choices are overriding mine in the reading pane. It...
  9. reading pane in mail app not displaying images correctly

in Browsers and Email
    reading pane in mail app not displaying images correctly: Anyone else getting off center images in the reading pane of the mail app, it's getting annoying real quick. Hopefully there will be a update for the mail app soon to polish it off a bit. TC *Smile 16758
  10. Reading Pane in Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Reading Pane in Mail: Is there a way to turn off the reading Pane in the "Mail" app? Just wondering as its a pain in the arse. Thanks 52923

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mail reading pane gone

2. pane with email disappeared

3. reading pane disappeared

4. lost reading pane in windows 10 mail,
  5. reading pane disappered on outlook mail,
  6. reading pane of mail app not showing,
  7. reading pane disappeared in windows 10