Windows 10: Ready NAS network visibility after latest windows 10 update

Discus and support Ready NAS network visibility after latest windows 10 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ok so I read lots of threads about windows not being able to see the netgear nas drives after updates, I have made sure that SMB1 is ticked but still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Guacanoele75, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Ready NAS network visibility after latest windows 10 update

Ok so I read lots of threads about windows not being able to see the netgear nas drives after updates, I have made sure that SMB1 is ticked but still no joy. But what I have now is very weird.

My laptop has two profiles, one profile had access before the update and still does, the nas drive is still mapped, but when I go to add it again it does not show up in the network list. The other profile was created after the update, I cannot map the nas drive at all. But I can access it through the media bit of the network folder view. But the weird thing is office docs are not visible in the folders, it is only music, video and pics (media).

So on one profile I can access everything through windows explorer but the other profile will only see media. I have tried switching off the nas drive, I've done SMB1 but it just appears that because the connection was existing on one profile it still works but from now on I cannot get it to work at all. What do I do, help!! I am not tech savvy so dont give me lots of blurb, just the basics LOL

:)

Guacanoele75, Jan 31, 2019
  2. MacNala Win User

NAS not visible

I am at a loss to understand why my NAS should be visible from Windows 7 machines and some Windows 10 machines but not from ALL Win 10 machines. I open file explorer and click on Network. It goes and searches for responses from devices. The other machines both real and virtual that are switched on show up but the NAS which is switched on and ready does not. If I do this from any of my Win 7 machines or my real Windows 10 machine the NAS shows up.
    Can anyone suggest where I might look to see why it is not appearing?

I can ping the NAS from the Win10 machine which is not showing the NAS successfully.

MacNala, Jan 31, 2019
  3. bradp1979 Win User
    NAS server not visible

We have a NAS server on the network. One of our laptops recently got destroyed by water damage and had to be replaced. The new laptop is Win 10, and the NAS server is not visible on the network. On the old, now water-damaged laptop (Win 7), the NAS server had a desktop shortcut, so even if it wasn't visible on the network, the files could still be accessed.

How can I either force the computer to recognize the NAS server, or create a desktop icon that is linked to it without it being visible in the network listing?

Thanks.

bradp1979, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Ready NAS network visibility after latest windows 10 update

NAS drive not showing in the Network after Windows 10 auto update this week

Hello Charles,

Let's get your NAS device detected on your home network.

Kindly follow the suggested steps below:

Step 1: Disable anti-virus software and Windows Firewall.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Follow the below steps to turn off Windows Firewall:

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Windows Firewall.
    • Click Turn Windows Firewall on or off. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Click Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) under each network location that you want to stop trying to protect, and then click
      OK.
    If the issue still persists,

Step 2: We suggest you to reconfigure the NAS drive.

Refer to the below thread replied by Smithhead 9 replied on
    May 7, 2015

Accessing NAS not working in Windows 10 Technical Preview

Let us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Ready NAS network visibility after latest windows 10 update

1. Ready NAS network visibility after latest windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Ready NAS network

2. Local Wireless Network not visible or accessible after update of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Wireless Network not visible or accessible after update of Windows 10: I was running Windows 10 on my laptop; however, it became unstable, so I decided to do a clean reinstall. I downloaded Windows 10 using the MS Tool and loaded it onto a USB stick. I then rebooted the system and did a clean install of Windows 10. At that point, everything...
  3. Local Wireless Network not visible or accessible after update of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Wireless Network not visible or accessible after update of Windows 10: I was running Windows 10 on my laptop; however, it became unstable, so I decided to do a clean reinstall. I downloaded Windows 10 using the MS Tool and loaded it onto a USB stick. I then rebooted the system and did a clean install of Windows 10. At that point, everything...
  4. Local Wireless Network not visible or accessible after update of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. No devices visible on LAN after latest cumulative Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No devices visible on LAN after latest cumulative Win 10 update: Can anyone shed any light on why, after cumulative update version 21H1 for x64-based Systems (KB5003637) installed 2021-06-08, I lost all connections on my LAN? I have five discoverable devices on the LAN, four PCs, two laptops (all running Win10 pro) and two Synology NAS's....
  6. Networks not visible on Windows 10

Networks not visible on Windows 10: I recently got a new computer & was able to connect to my home network but I’m traveling & when I try to connect to a network nothing shows up, no availble networks at all. When I go to settings it prompts me to plug in a cable. The WiFi ligjt on my computer is on so its got...
  7. Windows 10, networks and NAS

Windows 10, networks and NAS: Hi All I have two main PCs that I use on a home network, together with QNAPTS431 box. This setup worked reliably for years under Windows 7. Since "upgrading" reluctantly to Win 10 recently I have had nothing but problems. Connections are slow and unreliable, dropping...
  8. Windows 10 asking for network credentials for NAS after update

Windows 10 asking for network credentials for NAS after update: After last night's latest and greatest update for Windows 10, I discover that I can no longer access my Qnap NAS from the PC that was updated (I'm afraid to allow any of the other ones to update, but given Microsoft's obnoxious forced updating, I can only delay that so long)....
  9. NAS not visible

NAS not visible: I am at a loss to understand why my NAS should be visible from Windows 7 machines and some Windows 10 machines but not from ALL Win 10 machines. I open file explorer and click on Network. It goes and searches for responses from devices. The other machines both real and...
  10. NAS server not visible

NAS server not visible: We have a NAS server on the network. One of our laptops recently got destroyed by water damage and had to be replaced. The new laptop is Win 10, and the NAS server is not visible on the network. On the old, now water-damaged laptop (Win 7), the NAS server had a desktop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Unable to see the netgear NAS drives after Windows updates Windows 10