Windows 10: ReadyBoost / eBoostr

Discus and support ReadyBoost / eBoostr in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I used ReadyBoost in the past and eBoostr an alternative to ReadyBoost for many years. What I want to find out is if you have 2 SSD's and 12GB ram... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jaburmester, Oct 18, 2015.

1. ReadyBoost / eBoostr

I used ReadyBoost in the past and eBoostr an alternative to ReadyBoost for many years.

What I want to find out is if you have 2 SSD's and 12GB ram do you need to use ReadyBoost or eBoostr in Windows 10 ?

Thank you for all info given.

:)

jaburmester, Oct 18, 2015
  2. omenshyne Win User

Speed up your Booklet 3G the right way

It's better to format your SD car with exFAT, no? I did this with my 16gb card and downloaded eboostr as well as using readyboost and that improved performance substantiallly. Ultimately (and at the expense of endagering warranty) it''s best to install an
    1.8'' SSD drive as I and others have done. I can say that the performance increased are paramount.

clichtenberg successfully installed an SSD in this post: /discussions/board/message?board.id=minilaptops&thread.id=158&view=by_date_ascending&page=3

the link below are pictures of his upgrade.

http://gallery.me.c…lichtenberg/100051

omenshyne, Oct 18, 2015
  3. ceroberts75, Oct 18, 2015
  4. ReadyBoost / eBoostr

I thought you weren't even given the option to use ReadyBoost if you boot from an SSD, it's been that way since before Windows 10?

xtcrefugee, Oct 18, 2015
  5. Kanata Win User
    Don't need ReadyBoost when you have SSD drive, either the SSD itself or an additional USB key configured as RB.

Kanata, Oct 18, 2015
  6. LMiller7 Win User
    ReadyBoost was designed for systems with slow hard drives and limited RAM and with a slow conventional drive and less than 2 GB RAM it can be useful. ReadyBoost acts as a cache for the hard drive. One of the basic requirements of any kind of cache is that the cache media must be faster than that being cached. Even the fastest flash drives will be slower than an SSD and fail to meet this basic requirement. If ReadyBoost was used it would impair performance. But I doubt Windows would use it.

LMiller7, Oct 18, 2015
  7. Just to clarify, most of the time flash drives would be slower than hard drives too. ReadyBoost wasn't a general cache, it was used specifically when seek/random access time was more important and/or there would be a benefit from parallel access with multiple devices.

xtcrefugee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

ReadyBoost / eBoostr

1. ReadyBoost / eBoostr - Similar Threads - ReadyBoost eBoostr

2. Readyboost doesn't show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Readyboost doesn't show: I am running a ThinkPad X201 Tablet. Sysmain is enabled and it used to run Win7. Somehow ReadyBoost doesn't show. I also only have 2GB of RAM. Help me, Microsoft! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/readyboost-doesnt-show/4ef720d6-c368-4910-bd0d-8e63bc957af7
  3. Readyboost doesn't show

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Readyboost doesn't show: I am running a ThinkPad X201 Tablet. Sysmain is enabled and it used to run Win7. Somehow ReadyBoost doesn't show. I also only have 2GB of RAM. Help me, Microsoft! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/readyboost-doesnt-show/4ef720d6-c368-4910-bd0d-8e63bc957af7
  4. Readyboost doesn't show

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. how to fix ReadyBoost using flash drive with windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix ReadyBoost using flash drive with windows 11: how do i turn on ReadyBoost my hp desktop says ReadyBoost can not be used because my desktop is storge fast but its not fast storge is red that means almost full and the USB flash drive is new there was nothing on it how do i fix this problem with ReadyBoost i am trying use a...
  6. how to fix ReadyBoost using flash drive with windows 11

how to fix ReadyBoost using flash drive with windows 11: how do i turn on ReadyBoost my hp desktop says ReadyBoost can not be used because my desktop is storge fast but its not fast storge is red that means almost full and the USB flash drive is new there was nothing on it how do i fix this problem with ReadyBoost i am trying use a...
  7. I'm unable to enable ReadyBoost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm unable to enable ReadyBoost: I'm unable to enable ReadyBoost on Win11 PC.PC has hard drive and attempting to use USB drive for ReadyBoost. SysMain is running.See specifications below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-unable-to-enable-readyboost/82dbe539-e594-42b7-93bc-60f6af1e6c5e
  8. I'm unable to enable ReadyBoost

I'm unable to enable ReadyBoost: I'm unable to enable ReadyBoost on Win11 PC.PC has hard drive and attempting to use USB drive for ReadyBoost. SysMain is running.See specifications below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-unable-to-enable-readyboost/82dbe539-e594-42b7-93bc-60f6af1e6c5e
  9. No readyboost functionality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No readyboost functionality: Hello,After installing windows 11 23h2 and Atlas OS on a low power pc, I wanted to add fake ram memory with readyboost. But it doesn't work, the readyboost window has disappeared from the properties.If anyone knows how to solve my problem....
  10. No readyboost functionality

No readyboost functionality: Hello,After installing windows 11 23h2 and Atlas OS on a low power pc, I wanted to add fake ram memory with readyboost. But it doesn't work, the readyboost window has disappeared from the properties.If anyone knows how to solve my problem....