Windows 10: ReadyBoost: What's the deal

Discus and support ReadyBoost: What's the deal in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I have been going around online looking at what people say about ReadyBoost. The most salient thing was that you do not need ReadyBoost anymore,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SandyMasia, Feb 10, 2020.

1. ReadyBoost: What's the deal

So I have been going around online looking at what people say about ReadyBoost. The most salient thing was that you do not need ReadyBoost anymore, especially if you have 4Gig RAM , SDD driver and a new computer.

I used ReadyBoost on my computer. And I noticed a slight improvement in speed. But the other thing I noticed is a general stability of apps, they did not freeze or take too long to respond. Or even crash.

So again, I am very curious. Form the way I read it ReadyBoost jut makes it so that your computer loads programs faster. But what could explain this difference? My computer has 4Gig RAM, runs the latest windows and it is pretty old. I see how ReadyBoost can help it load programs faster, but where does the general stability of programs comes from?

I thought maybe this might be confirmation bias or something, so I tested this by making notes whenever a program crashed or froze, or took too long to load. And I had my brother turn on and off ReadyBoost when I was not looking and take note of the timesblinding . Comparing note, there is a clear difference between ReadyBoost vs. no ReadyBoost.

My question is, how does it happen? Theoretically what is causing this improvement?

:)

SandyMasia, Feb 10, 2020

2. Readyboost

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will assist you with this.

ReadyBoost can speed up your computer by using storage space on most USB flash drives and flash memory cards.

ReadyBoost uses the Superfetch service that should be enabled and set to "Running" and "Automatic".

For ReadyBoost to effectively speed up your computer, the flash drive or memory card should have at least 1 gigabyte (GB) of available space. If your drive or card doesn't have enough available space for ReadyBoost , you'll see a message telling you to free
    some space on it. For best results, use a flash drive or flash memory card with at least double the amount of available space as the amount of memory (RAM) in your computer.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

1. Plug the flash drive into a USB port on your computer.

2. In the AutoPlay dialog box, choose Speed Up My System.

3. The flash drive’s Properties dialog box appears with the
    ReadyBoost tab upfront.

4. Click on ReadyBoost tab.

5. Choose the Use This Device option.

6. Click OK.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    The readyboost tab is missing but is enabled in services.why?

Hi,

Device compatibility is one of the reasons why the ReadyBoost tab is missing. Kindly provide the following answers to the questions below to further isolate the issue:

• What is the make and model of the flash drive that you are using for ReadyBoost?
    • Have you tried inserting the flash drive to another USB port?

In the meantime, we suggest updating the driver for your USB drive. This will help us identify if the issue is caused by outdated drivers. Kindly follow the steps on this article to update it:
    Update drivers in Windows 10.

We recommend using our
    Bing Translator
    to translate this message into Slovenish.

We'll wait for your response.

Mayra Aqu, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

ReadyBoost: What's the deal

The readyboost tab is missing but is enabled in services.why?

Can you insert a different SD card on it to check if the same issue will happen? Which version of Windows are you using on the other device where ReadyBoost tab appeared? Is it running Windows 10 as well? This will help us isolate if the issue is only happening
    with the SD card or the computer itself.

Meanwhile, we suggest performing the System File checker as it can help detect possible corrupted or missing system files that can be causing the issue. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Cortana/Search.
    • Type in Command Prompt.
    • On the Search results, right-click on the best match for it and choose
      Run as administrator.
    • On the Command Prompt window, type in sfc /scannow then click
      Enter on your keyboard.
    • Restart the computer after the process, then check if ReadyBoost tab will appear.

Update us with the outcome.

Mayra Aqu, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

ReadyBoost: What's the deal

1. ReadyBoost: What's the deal - Similar Threads - ReadyBoost What's deal

2. What is the deal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the deal: I have 2 questions...I have a gigabyte aero d mother board which has 5x16 top and 5x16 middle and 4x16 third. Ever since I installed the newest dev build I get a warning about the pci aqisition and somthing driver as wellit wont allow.me.to install.my gigbyte chipset eigher...
  3. What is the deal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the deal: I have 2 questions...I have a gigabyte aero d mother board which has 5x16 top and 5x16 middle and 4x16 third. Ever since I installed the newest dev build I get a warning about the pci aqisition and somthing driver as wellit wont allow.me.to install.my gigbyte chipset eigher...
  4. So what’s the deal with SxS?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So what’s the deal with SxS?: i explore it quite regularly out of simple curiosity. but there’s something weird, there’s a bunch of new folders there, that have been created as recently as the 19th of March this year. some are empty, some contain other files titled R or F, and some contain files that are...
  5. Wifi &Wifi2 - what's the deal?

Wifi &Wifi2 - what's the deal?: Apologies. This has probably been asked a million times, but getting this problem on my network. Getting my wifi and then another one with the same wifi name and a 2 beside it. It's only happening on my HP laptop. Looked online and it was all Win8 stuff. So I went into...
  6. anyone know what the deal with this is?

anyone know what the deal with this is?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ThatOneBuilderGuy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h94gjg/anyone_know_what_the_deal_with_this_is/
  7. Whats The Deal With Microsoft ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Whats The Deal With Microsoft ?: Why does microsoft ALWAYS tell you to contact your IT person when millions...literally millions of computer users worldwide have no dammed IT person ? So annoying and totally useless suggestion....
  8. whats is the deal with bluetuuth connection?!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    whats is the deal with bluetuuth connection?!: i got new Bluetooth headset. and im disapointed to say that connection with the computer is fricking terrible not only that sound is gettring shattery from time to time. its being several times that i connected that the device and i cant hear a thing even tough the device is...
  9. What's the deal?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What's the deal?: [img] [img] In Nvidia Control Panel I appear to be running drive 353.30, but according to the uninstall list I still have 347.88. So what's the deal? Am I running 353.30 or 347.88? Make up your mind Windows 10! *Confused 8081
  10. what is the deal with network credentials?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what is the deal with network credentials?: I have 4 computers on a home network, I do backups the old school way, every 2 months or so I copy over the media from one computer to another over my 1GB hard wired network. After installing windows 10 three of the computers keep asking me for network credentials to...