Windows 10: ReadyBoot Folder Won't Regenerate

Discus and support ReadyBoot Folder Won't Regenerate in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. My Prefetch folder (C:\Windows\Prefetch) was deleted, so I manually recreated it. Now, many .pf files have been regenerated, which is expected.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Greasy Gorilla, Jul 4, 2018.

1. ReadyBoot Folder Won't Regenerate

Hi.

My Prefetch folder (C:\Windows\Prefetch) was deleted, so I manually recreated it. Now, many .pf files have been regenerated, which is expected. But several days have past and I've restarted my computer a few times, and I still don't get a complete ReadyBoot folder.

I dug up this thread and followed the notes there.

• I executed "sfc /scannow" in Command Prompt, which found no integrity violations.
    • I opened Performance Monitor and found that ReadyBoot (located under "Data Collector Sets" -> "Startup Event Trace Sessions") was disabled, so I enabled it and restarted. The ReadyBoot folder was recreated, but it's sitting empty. Furthermore, I see that ReadyBoot has disabled itself in the Performance Monitor again.
    Also, whenever I open the Prefetch folder, I get a warning message stating that I don't currently have permissions to access this folder. I need to press "Continue" to be able to open the folder and view the contents. I notice that no other folder in C:\Windows\ gives me this warning. So perhaps the permissions on the Prefetch folder aren't set correctly.

The Superfetch service is running and set to automatically start.

Can anyone help me get ReadyBoot running again? Does anyone know what all the proper permissions on the Prefetch (and ReadyBoot) folders are supposed to be? Is it normal for ReadyBoot to be disabled in Performance Monitor?

Thank you.

:)

Greasy Gorilla, Jul 4, 2018
  2. AFTommy Win User

Folder won"t go away

I have a no longer used folder than I cannot delete. I have tried various third party apps to no avain. Any ideas how I can send this folder to "Never Never Land"

ReadyBoot Folder Won't Regenerate [​IMG]

AFTommy, Jul 4, 2018
  3. Windows.old folder keeps regenerating.

So i tried deleting the Windows.old folder using the disk cleanup and even the command prompt, but unfortunately, the same folder keeps regenerating itself. After its deletion, and a restart of the laptop, the folder is back. Its size is around 44 GB's,
    so its taking a lot of space in my SSD. How can i delete the folder in such a manner, that it doesn't keep regenerating itself.

Please help.

Thanking You.

Nachiketa.411, Jul 4, 2018
  4. tops Win User

ReadyBoot Folder Won't Regenerate

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

ReadyBoot Folder Won't Regenerate

1. ReadyBoot Folder Won't Regenerate - Similar Threads - ReadyBoot Folder Won't

2. bit locker regenerate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bit locker regenerate: Hi Team ,i have recently changed my mother board after changing its asking Bit locker but i remember i have not setup any bit locker . can you please help on getting bit locker .Thanks,Venkat....
  3. bit locker regenerate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bit locker regenerate: Hi Team ,i have recently changed my mother board after changing its asking Bit locker but i remember i have not setup any bit locker . can you please help on getting bit locker .Thanks,Venkat....
  4. Why is the readyboot tab in properties missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the readyboot tab in properties missing?: Why is the readyboot tab in properties missing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-readyboot-tab-in-properties-missing/08ebbec5-517c-4b78-b7a2-f3b48bdc9fab
  5. Why is the readyboot tab in properties missing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the readyboot tab in properties missing?: Why is the readyboot tab in properties missing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-readyboot-tab-in-properties-missing/08ebbec5-517c-4b78-b7a2-f3b48bdc9fab
  6. Is there a way to completely regenerate Windows Defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is there a way to completely regenerate Windows Defender?: What I'm running into is a lack of faith in the ability of Windows Defender to protect my PC. It has not reported ANY threats since sometime in early 2020, which it is now July 2021. I suspect something has either by intention or design messed with it's ability to correctly...
  7. Infected extension regenerates itself

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Infected extension regenerates itself: I noticed that an unwanted extension named "yspellphoto" is on chrome without my knowledge. It just opens a new tab with Bing when I search google. The extension is loaded from my pc and here's a screenshot of its hidden files. Whenever I delete these files or remove the...
  8. Force enable readyboot on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Force enable readyboot on windows 10: I wana ask could I force enable readyboot on a fast windows 10 computer. I don't wanna know why I shouldn't because I know what I'm doing, I just wanna force enable readyboost. Please tell me how to do this Thank You....
  9. Repeatedly regeneration of folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Repeatedly regeneration of folders: I open a downloaded app on my PC and it opens a folder its a rom for a ds emulator and it will create 3 folders "battery" "cheats" and "states" and ill put those 3 folders into a folder bc I have ocd and when I do that and open the rom again it creates those folders again and...
  10. Readyboot not repopulating

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Readyboot not repopulating: So basically ...I ran windows performance tool because of slow boot issues, since I ran this tool there has been no repopulation in the readyboot folder. Ive checked to make sure the trace is enabled in performance monitor ...all is fine. I noticed that there isn't no...