Windows 10: ReadyBoot Folder Won't Regenerate

Discus and support ReadyBoot Folder Won't Regenerate in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. My Prefetch folder (C:\Windows\Prefetch) was deleted, so I manually recreated it. Now, many .pf files have been regenerated, which is expected.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Greasy Gorilla, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Greasy Gorilla Win User

ReadyBoot Folder Won't Regenerate

Hi.

My Prefetch folder (C:\Windows\Prefetch) was deleted, so I manually recreated it. Now, many .pf files have been regenerated, which is expected. But several days have past and I've restarted my computer a few times, and I still don't get a complete ReadyBoot folder.

I dug up this thread and followed the notes there.

• I executed "sfc /scannow" in Command Prompt, which found no integrity violations.
    • I opened Performance Monitor and found that ReadyBoot (located under "Data Collector Sets" -> "Startup Event Trace Sessions") was disabled, so I enabled it and restarted. The ReadyBoot folder was recreated, but it's sitting empty. Furthermore, I see that ReadyBoot has disabled itself in the Performance Monitor again.
    Also, whenever I open the Prefetch folder, I get a warning message stating that I don't currently have permissions to access this folder. I need to press "Continue" to be able to open the folder and view the contents. I notice that no other folder in C:\Windows\ gives me this warning. So perhaps the permissions on the Prefetch folder aren't set correctly.

The Superfetch service is running and set to automatically start.

Can anyone help me get ReadyBoot running again? Does anyone know what all the proper permissions on the Prefetch (and ReadyBoot) folders are supposed to be? Is it normal for ReadyBoot to be disabled in Performance Monitor?

Thank you.

:)

Greasy Gorilla, Jul 4, 2018
  2. AFTommy Win User

Folder won"t go away

I have a no longer used folder than I cannot delete. I have tried various third party apps to no avain. Any ideas how I can send this folder to "Never Never Land"

ReadyBoot Folder Won't Regenerate [​IMG]

AFTommy, Jul 4, 2018
  3. Nachiketa.411 Win User
    Windows.old folder keeps regenerating.

So i tried deleting the Windows.old folder using the disk cleanup and even the command prompt, but unfortunately, the same folder keeps regenerating itself. After its deletion, and a restart of the laptop, the folder is back. Its size is around 44 GB's,
    so its taking a lot of space in my SSD. How can i delete the folder in such a manner, that it doesn't keep regenerating itself.

Please help.

Thanking You.

Nachiketa.411, Jul 4, 2018
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

1. ReadyBoot Folder Won't Regenerate - Similar Threads - ReadyBoot Folder Won't

2. Why in Win10 do my video thumbnails have to regenerate every time I open a folder?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why in Win10 do my video thumbnails have to regenerate every time I open a folder?: This never happened in Win7. When I open a folder with video files I have to wait while the hundreds of video clips get their thumbnails regenerated. Which is fine, if it happened only once. But after I reboot, and open the same folder, the thumbnails have to regenerate...
  3. Thumbnail Cache regenerates on every restart... Any fixes?

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnail Cache regenerates on every restart... Any fixes?: Thumbnail Cache regenerates on every restart... Any fixes? I tried the reg tweaks listed below but they don't work now. They worked like a month ago. Fix Thumbnail Cache Deleting At Boot In Windows 10 Fall Creators Update...
  4. Folder won't be deleted.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder won't be deleted.: I want to delete a folder. When I right click, & delete, it says, "item not found, could not find this item, this item is no longer located in C:\Users\James\Documents. Verify the item's location and try again." Then, when I click try again, it comes up with the same thing....
  5. Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

in Windows 10 Support
    Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188: Hey, i registered here cause any time i've had an issue and googled it the solution has usually lead me here. *Wink I had 4 random shutdowns in the space of 2 hours today. I'm using my system as a DAW and the shutdown occurred while i had a project loaded, there is high...
  6. Readyboot not repopulating

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Readyboot not repopulating: So basically ...I ran windows performance tool because of slow boot issues, since I ran this tool there has been no repopulation in the readyboot folder. Ive checked to make sure the trace is enabled in performance monitor ...all is fine. I noticed that there isn't no...
  7. Folder Icons won't show preview of PDF's in those Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Icons won't show preview of PDF's in those Folders: I choose to accept the free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Instantly regretted it. I've had to take my Desktop to Bestbuy over 10 times already to get things to work again. I still have Windows 10 and most of my settings appear to be optimal but one thing that...
  8. Event ID 3 - Session "ReadyBoot" stopped - error: 3221225864

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event ID 3 - Session "ReadyBoot" stopped - error: 3221225864: Does someone has any idea what this error means and above all ... how to avoid this? Thanks = Type : Error Date : 25-08-2015 Time : 10:42:14 Event : 3 Source :Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing Description: Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error:...
  9. "Downloads" folder won't automatically refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    "Downloads" folder won't automatically refresh: Hi guys, I have my downloads folder sorted by "Date Added" (newest at the top) and whenever I download a new file, the file will always goes to the bottom (when I have the Downloads folder open as I click download). I then refresh the page and it goes to the top of the...
  10. Folder won't stay deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder won't stay deleted: I have an empty folder on a USB-attached expansion drive that won't stay deleted. I delete it and it disappears. But a few days later it reappears. There are no error messages when I delete it. I never restore the drive or do anything else (that I'm aware of) to recover the...