Windows 10: Readyboot not repopulating

Discus and support Readyboot not repopulating in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So basically ...I ran windows performance tool because of slow boot issues, since I ran this tool there has been no repopulation in the readyboot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by boe323, May 3, 2016.

1. boe323 Win User

Readyboot not repopulating

So basically ...I ran windows performance tool because of slow boot issues, since I ran this tool there has been no repopulation in the readyboot folder. Ive checked to make sure the trace is enabled in performance monitor ...all is fine. I noticed that there isn't no ecache.sys driver on my system but not sure if its because of running windows 10. Does anyone know how to set it back to default or fix it? If no one knows whats happening then could someone just verify if windows 10 has a driver called ecache.sys please, I know it was there in win8.

:)

boe323, May 3, 2016

2. Disc Cleanup Broken on Clean Windows 10 Pro Install

Confirmed,

Disabling ReadyBoot then SuperFetch is what was causing this behavior on my machine.

The situation is irreversible once this is done. Once you disable SuperFetch & ReadyBoot the affect is permanent.

MasakiPhenom, May 3, 2016
  3. Scyntrus Win User
    Computer Crashes When Starting Game Up.

Every time my PC has started a game such as Witcher 3, It has started to look like its crashed. In the event viewer I'm getting an error and warning when it happens.

Warning: The maximum file size for session "ReadyBoot" has been reached. As a result, events might be lost (not logged) to file "C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch\ReadyBoot\ReadyBoot.etl". The maximum files size is currently set to 134217728 bytes.

Error: Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

I've already gone into C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch\ReadyBoot\ and raised the ReadyBoot.etl filesize from 20mb to 128 mb as directed in

this post.

Scyntrus, May 3, 2016
  4. boe323 Win User

I found out the issue .....lost permissions on the prefetch folder after I defragged the hdd. Ive checked the hdd and run sfc /scannow just to make sure theres no corruption. I deleted the prefetch folder and rebooted, OS recreated the folder with proper permissions, its never booted as fast as does now.

boe323, May 4, 2016
  5. socklosk Win User
    I concur.

socklosk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Readyboot not repopulating - Similar Threads - Readyboot repopulating

2. why does explorer remove all files then repopulate the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does explorer remove all files then repopulate the screen: When I open Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, and click on an individual folder, the contents show in the right panel but immediately disappear and then reappear. See brief screen capture video....
  3. why does explorer remove all files then repopulate the screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why does explorer remove all files then repopulate the screen: When I open Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, and click on an individual folder, the contents show in the right panel but immediately disappear and then reappear. See brief screen capture video....
  4. Why is the readyboot tab in properties missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the readyboot tab in properties missing?: Why is the readyboot tab in properties missing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-readyboot-tab-in-properties-missing/08ebbec5-517c-4b78-b7a2-f3b48bdc9fab
  5. Why is the readyboot tab in properties missing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the readyboot tab in properties missing?: Why is the readyboot tab in properties missing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-readyboot-tab-in-properties-missing/08ebbec5-517c-4b78-b7a2-f3b48bdc9fab
  6. Force enable readyboot on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Force enable readyboot on windows 10: I wana ask could I force enable readyboot on a fast windows 10 computer. I don't wanna know why I shouldn't because I know what I'm doing, I just wanna force enable readyboost. Please tell me how to do this Thank You....
  7. Kernel Event Tracing- error 3-The "ReadyBoot" session has stopped

in Windows 10 Support
    Kernel Event Tracing- error 3-The "ReadyBoot" session has stopped: Hello. I'm in Windows 10 build SO 18363.476 and since that update a new error comes up: Kernel Event Tracing- error 3-The "ReadyBoot" session has stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188 The first time the error comes up... it cause a sistem reboot....but not now....
  8. ReadyBoot Folder Won't Regenerate

in Windows 10 Support
    ReadyBoot Folder Won't Regenerate: Hi. My Prefetch folder (C:\Windows\Prefetch) was deleted, so I manually recreated it. Now, many .pf files have been regenerated, which is expected. But several days have past and I've restarted my computer a few times, and I still don't get a complete ReadyBoot folder. I...
  9. Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

in Windows 10 Support
    Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188: Hey, i registered here cause any time i've had an issue and googled it the solution has usually lead me here. *Wink I had 4 random shutdowns in the space of 2 hours today. I'm using my system as a DAW and the shutdown occurred while i had a project loaded, there is high...
  10. Event ID 3 - Session "ReadyBoot" stopped - error: 3221225864

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event ID 3 - Session "ReadyBoot" stopped - error: 3221225864: Does someone has any idea what this error means and above all ... how to avoid this? Thanks = Type : Error Date : 25-08-2015 Time : 10:42:14 Event : 3 Source :Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing Description: Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error:...